Finding out

The Dream Thief

"Was this the only picture you could find?" Bora asked, as she held the picture frame at different angles, in hopes of finding something that might be of relevance. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary, just a photo of a girl who graduated and was sharing the moment with her love ones.

It had been five days since Hyoyeon's death and only yesterday were they able to have a proper funeral for her, as she had to go through the usual autopsy done to anyone who died an unnatural death. It sickened Bora whenever she thought about her friends going through autopsy. It's true that you can't hurt a dead person but still, nobody really likes having their organs removed, cut, weighed and examined to find the presence of poison or something along that line in them. Thankfully, they still managed to make Hyoyeon looked presentable in front of her family and friends during the funeral.

Minus the missing feet, of course.

"Yupp." He replied, taking the picture back from his noona and looking at it again. "I tried to find more but this seems to be the only picture left in the house." Minho was back at SISTAR's dorm again to show her the photo that he found, since he wasn't able to carry on performing with most of Korea grieving over the loss of a well-known idol, including Bora herself. He was greeted with the usual dark-rimmed eyes of a girl who lacked sleep. Minho wondered if Bora ever slept when he wasn't around. Passing the picture back to Bora, he leaned back against the backrest of the wooden chair, glancing at the black knee length dress that was hung above Bora's bed where Hyorin's bed was, the same dress which she wore to both Hyorin's and Hyoyeon's funeral.

"Strange." Bora said, tossing the frame onto her soft and thick mattress. "Who would leave behind their clothes and furniture but take away almost all of their family photos?"

"Hey!" Minho shouted, picking up the picture and cradling it in his arms as if it was a newborn. "Be careful noona! This may be our one and only lead to finding the murderer."

"Why would you say that?" She asked, rummaging her fingers through her long brown hair, twisting the ends with her fingers.

"Because everything doesn't sit right. First of all, the murderer must have known of that place to even bring Hyoyeon noona there." He paused the moment he saw Bora holding in her breath, trying to hold in her tears at the same time. He forgot that it was a extremely touchy topic to her. "Secondly, the fact that the family pictures were removed showed that the murderer must have a connection to that place." He let Bora soak in the information that he presented to her, while giving her time to calm down and wipe the tears from her eyes with the tips of her fingers as well.

He also made a mental note to stop resurfacing the names of their deceased friends in front of her.

"Maybe the family didn't want anyone the know that they have lived there before." She told him, her eyes turning a little red and puffy.

"And leave behind their clothes?"

"Maybe they don't like their own fashion sense? Look, let's not jump to conclusions just yet. As this is really the only lead that we have at the moment, I'll treat it with more respect, okay?"

"Ne. Thanks noona." Minho watched Bora flopped into her bed which she was sitting on, where she close her eyes for a short rest, and wondered if it was a good time to tell her the results. "Um... Noona?"

"Yes?" She grumbled, keeping her eyelids shut.

"The results are here..."

"What results?"

"Hyoyeon noona's autopsy..." He lightly gnawed his inner right cheek as Bora choked on her own saliva in shock. Definitely lay off from using their names in the future.

"What did it say?" Bora asked, her voice cracking from the shock earlier.

"They found small traces of Ketamine in her system."

"Ketamine... The same drug that was used on Hyorin, right?"

"Yeah..."

"This means that the guy has a common way to kidnap them, by drugging either their drinks or food then taking them away when their out cold."

 

"Take who away?" Both of them turned to see Soyou and Dasom by the door again. The two were out buying ingredients for dinner.

"Hello girls," Minho greeted. "Glad to see you two again."

Soyou looked at the wooden door with great detail as Dasom came in and took a seat beside Bora, giving her unnie a light squeeze. "Glad to see the door is still in one piece."

"C'mon Soyou! Is it that hard to forgive your oppa? I've already paid for the damages."

"Yeah yeah, as long as you're still a danger to the doors in our house, I'm keeping my forgiveness on hold." Soyou stuck a tongue out a Minho as he grumbled unhappily. "Anyways, none of you have answered my question yet."

"We're were talking about the killer's habits, such as the constant use of Ketamine."

"Ketamine? What's that?" Dasom asked, picking up the picture frame that was left on Bora's bed, tracing the outline with her fingers.

"It a drug which is used as anesthesia, mostly on animals though." Minho answered. "However, there are people that use it as a knockout drug, for their own selfish benefits of course."

"I see..." Dasom said, working on the photo frame.

"Somie, what are you doing?" Bora questioned, raising her eyebrows at Dasom's actions.

"What does it look like I'm doing?" She replied, pulling the picture out of the frame. Flipping it over, she revealed a message written at the back, leaving the latter jaw dropped and wide eyed.

Our little girl finally did it! Thank you to all of her teachers at Korea University. (2005)

"H-How did you know?!" Soyou stuttered in awe.

"I didn't." Dasom coolly replied. "I had a hunch. After all, it is a graduation photo."

"Somie, you're awesome!" Bora cheerfully exclaimed, giving Dasom a big bear hug. Minho took note of the message in his brown notebook, along with what they were discussing earlier.

"Guess we know where we're going tomorrow," he commented, stashing the notebook into his navy blue bag beside him.

 


 

The man tapped the handle of the knife against his thigh as he browsed through the photos on his desk, walking to the beat of his tapping while humming a little tune to himself. This was so far the best way that he knew to ease the overflowing desire within him. He needed to be patient, to be calm, to be collected. Rushing would do him no good.

But he was so eager, so eager to get the next one.

 

The man chuckled to himself. The past few days were pure bliss to him. Finding the world in grief was already a pleasure, but hearing the head chief policeman vowing to capture him at all cost tickled his funny bone to the fullest extend. How would those mere men be able to stop years of planning and perfecting his art? Utter ridiculousness!

He had to give them credit for trying so hard to get him though. He guessed it may be because idol's life's were at stake. He even had to lay off from his fun game for a few days with the increased security for the stars. Finding a way around those petty obstacles took a while but it was still enjoyable to find so many cracks in their 'high quality' defenses.

The time was almost right for him to strike again, for him to release a new wave of grief to this pathetic world. How the adrenaline pumped through his veins at the pure thought excited him. Looking at his knife, he watched the shiny surface reflect the small glow coming from the lone light bulb that he switched on, before bringing it down onto the girl smiling beside her other five members, straight through the thin sheet and halfway through the table.

It sunk deep into the woman's chest.

Soon, my little one, he thought to himself, a Cheshire grin spread across his face.

 

Soon...

 

=================================

Sorry for the late update, again. I don't think I would be able to update this anytime sooner as I really have a lot to do so please bear with me. :( I hope that you guys had enjoyed this chapter. Subscribe and comment! :)