Chapter 31

Cheonsa

Yoona POV:

"What are you doing?" I jumped and exed out of the page I was just looking at.

"Taemin, you scared me!" I exclaimed putting a hand over my chest to calm my erratic heart beat.

He grinned at me cheekily. "What were you looking at so sneakily?" He asked me. I slightly pinked. "Just some research for class." I lied. It was a partial lie. It was research indeed, just not for a class.

He nodded, ruffling his hair allowing me time to put another server on the computer.

"So, how ya been?" He asked me. "With the whole...you know." He said hesitantly.

I smiled bitterly. "You can say his name," I said my hands pausing at the keyboard.

"and I'm doing great. I'm just trying to get my life back on track." I told him hoping he would believe that lie.

I could see from the corner of his eye that he was peering at me closely. Taemin didnt believe me.

"Why do I feel like youre lying then?" I sighed  and slammed my fingertips on the keyboard.

"Taemin, I'm not okay, alright?" I turned to him. "I'm heart broken over what happened. I'm upset, I'm angry, I feel betrayed but most of all I'm confused." I told him.

"Everything was going so perfectly And one day he just changed and said he never wanted to see me again." I confided to him. Taemin shrugged. "People change." I shook my head. "No, he didn't change. He was acting weird even the day before. As if he knew what he had to do to make me go away and hate him."

Taemin scratched his head, a confused look on his face.

"You know what you're right. You guys were fine at our grandparents banquet. What went wrong?" He asked.

And just like that a switch went off in my head.

That was it.

After the banquet when we had eavesdropped on Kai's parents and VIXX.

Kai's dad wanted to take me out of the picture.

Kai is protecting me.

I quickly closed out of the library browser and packed my bags.

"Where are you going?" Taemin asked. "Class, I just remembered extra help." I told him before grabbing all my things and leaving.

Once I was a good earshot away from the library, I made a quick call.

It ringed a couple times but thankfully someone picked up.

"Yoona?" I let out a sigh of relief. Yes, the number was still in tact.

"Luhan, I'm gonna need a favor from you."

Luhan. My old partner when I was in the military. He lost his leg in battle, and after his accident he became permanently stationed in the military database headquarters. He could find anything. And I mean anything.

Besides, I promised Kai I would find out what happened to his mom. It's not like I was going to break my promise.

Even if he had already broken some of his.

I headed to English class and took my seat. I had a few minutes to spare before the professor came.

I took out the sheet of paper that I had been jotting my notes in.

The only members I had found of SS501 were in jail for previous crimes. Two of the members were in a Seoul jail for a gambling crime. They were close enough of to me, and I could easily visit them...

I felt my range of light suddenly darken, so I looked up. Hyorin and her herd of girls had surrounded me in a circle around my chair.

"Can I help you?" I asked them uninterested as I slipped the sheet of paper into my textbook.

"You're in my seat." Hyorin said. I glared up at the girl. "I don't see your name on it." I had been in this chair for as long as I could remember and Hyorin sat far far away from me.

She narrowed her eyes at me. "Well, it's mine now. So get off." I scoffed. Ever since I "gave Kai back to her" she's been purposely making my life miserable. Of course I tried my best to ignore her. But it's hard to ignore a virus like her.

"Did you not hear me? I said get off." She said to me again. I folded my arms on my desk and leaned forward. "Why don't you make me?"

Her face scowled before she stood up straight. "Alright, I will."

Before I knew it, her minions had pushed my desk with such hard force that I fell with the desk on me onto the ground. I winced at the hard impact and bit back tears that were threatening to come.

"What the hell are you girls doing?" D.O rushed over and removed the desk off of me. He helped me stand up before I shoved his hand away.

"Aw, D.O you're so cute. You got my desk back for me." Hyorin cooed before sitting down in my seat.

"Yoona, let's go to the infirmary, you're bleeding." D.0 said to me. I ignored him and walked to Hyorin.

"What do you want from me? Huh? I've never done or said anything to bother you and yet you make my life a living hell. Is it Kai? You want him right? You can keep him. I don't want him back. Not if I have to go through this abuse." I muttered before I gathered the last of my courage and walked away.

"Ms. Yoona where are you going?" I faintly heard the teacher call out. I ignored the Saem and walked out of class. Decides to show up now.

As soon as I was away from that class I burst into tears.

My head was hurting badly and apparently I was bleeding. But, I was also feeling so hurt that this is how I have to be treated now. I wanted to hate Kai so much. Blame it on him for everything. But I just couldnt. I knew he was lying to me. I knew he broke up with me to protect me. I had a small small inkling of hope that he still loved me.

That was all I had to keep moving every single day.

-----

Third Person POV: 

Few hours later around night fall, Yoona was fast asleep on her sofa. As soon as she stepped into her house she knocked out on the sofa. She didn’t even bother cleaning her head wound. She was so exhausted from today’s events and from crying so much all she wanted to do was curl into a ball. 

Her mother was nowhere in sight. There was a message on the fridge, however Yoona never got the chance to read it. Her mother left to go pick up Yoona’s dad. Although, her mother wanted to keep it a surprise for her daughter but seeing how miserable Yoona was she decided she should know. 

Yoona didn’t wake up until she got frantic knocks on her door. She opened her eyes disoriented and confused. Who could be knocking on the door at this hour? 

She checked her clock in the living room it was around midnight. 

She yawned and stumbled towards the door to answer it. 

Yoona thought she was dreaming. She saw Kai at her front door with blood running down his head and a bottle of wine in his hand. 

She was so shocked she couldn’t speak for a few seconds. 

“Kai?” She said his name hesitantly. Kai raised his head and looked at Yoona, smiling goofily before he fell into her. 

She caught him and got a whiff of alcohol around him. “You’re drunk…” She muttered feeling disappointed. She sighed and shook her head. Was this really how he had left her?

She hauled him up as best as she could and brought him into her living room with much difficulty. 

“Wait, here.” She heaved as she turned to go get him a glass of water. Kai nodded his head slowly and slurred something she couldn’t hear. 

She sighed as she filled up a glass for him. She was so angry. How could he be so drunk out his mind and have the nerve to show up at her house? Unbelievable. 

She came back to the living room and saw Kai had tried to drink from his wine bottle. She quickly snatched it away from him and replaced it with a glass of water. 

He gulped it all in one sip and was just about to drop it but Yoona quickly grabbed it before the glass could shatter. 

As she turned to return the glass, Kai caught her arm and swung her back around. She landed on his lap with a squeal. 

With his hazed eyes that could barely focus, he noticed that Yoona had a matching head injury like him. He frowned. 

“What happened here?” He asked her reaching up to touch her head. She winced and smacked his hand away. She forgot about that. 

“Nothing,” She said as she tried to get off of his lap but Kai’s arms tightened around her. She looked at him angrily and confused. 

What was he doing? 

“Yoona…” He muttered his voice cracking. “I hate myself.” He said. 

“I’m a bad person. I’m a really bad person.” he continued. She didn’t speak. “But, I’m not as bad as my dad right? Everything I do, is for the best. I won’t let him kill the ones I love.” He slurred. 

Yoona’s ears perked up. 

“What do you mean?” She asked him. 

He laughed and lightly hit Yoona’s shoulder. “You’re a smart girl, figure it out man. Smart, pretty, kind…” He began to say. “I lost a really good one didn’t I?” He muttered looking at Yoona through his drunk state. 

“But I had to. I had to make you hate me.” He said sorrowful. Yoona’s eyes widened. “Or else, they’d kill you. They’d take you away from me, forever.” His eyes drifted towards her lips. 

“I can’t do that.” He said softly his words thick with so much sadness.

He was coming closer his eyes still focused on her lips. Yoona made a mistake and looked down at his lips but she stood rooted in her spot in his lap. She wanted to so desperately kiss him. She missed him so much. 

But she knew that the kiss would mean nothing right now. He was drunk. He wouldn’t even remember. 

She turned her head away and got up. “I’ll go get the first aid kit.” She muttered grabbing the glass and walking back to the kitchen. 

Kai saw her leave towards the kitchen and he just stared at her solemnly. He wasn’t sure if he was drunk. He had a very high alcohol tolerance. 

He got up from his spot and walked towards where Yoona had gone. 

Just when she got the first aid kit from her cabinet, Kai had reached her. She turned around and ended up dropped the kit to the ground.

“Yoona,” He whispered placing his hands on either side of her. “Don’t push yourself away from me.” He came, closing the space between them two. 

She turned her head away. His scent was too much for her, too intoxicating. It was luring her in. It was getting harder and harder to hold herself back from him.

“You pushed me away,” She told him her hands frozen to her side. “Cheonsa, I need you…” He whispered his forehead touching Yoona’s. She shut her eyes and held her breath as she took in his scent. Why did he have to be so goddamn attracting to her?

Yoona’s eyes met with his and she couldn’t stop the tear that was rolling down her eye. It had been so long since they had spoken and touched. It was all so much in one day. 

Kai was first to react. He captured her lips in a soft and slow kiss. Although he tasted of alochol, there was something about him that tasted so sweet still. She gained strength in her arms and wrapped her arms around his neck, in the process bringing his body up against hers. 

She couldn’t help herself, she kissed him straight back. It was almost instinct. He kissed her harder when she responded, their lips moving against each other as if it was second nature.  When he bit her lower lip, she gasped which allowed him to pick her up and sit her on the kitchen counter. He groaned when he felt her hands graze his chest. 

“Yoona,” he muttered a low growl deep in his throat. He kissed her harder, more frantic as if there was no time. She raised her head and bit her lip as he nipped at her neck. 

What..are we doing,” She said in pants as her chest heaved up and down. Yoona pushed him slightly so there was room for her. She stumbled a bit when she hooped off the kitchen counter but he was quick to put his arms around her. 

“I…I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have.” He muttered his hands still resting on her waist. Her cheeks were flushed, her lips were bruised and she had fresh tears in her eyes as he looked at her but she was still the most beautiful thing he had ever laid eyes on. 

He gazed down at her still in the same lusty feeling he was five seconds ago. He was bending down to reach for her lips when Yoona spoke again. 

“Kai, we can’t…” Yoona muttered while her eyes were focused on his lips. They light ever so brushed up against his. “I know…”He mumbled in agreement with her. But they couldn’t stop. They kissed again and it was no stopped. 

He picked her up and she wrapped her legs around his torso and held on tight. She felt his legs moving, but had no clue where they were going. Yoona didn’t really care. All she could think of was Kai. 

She kissed his jaw tasting his masculine scent and went all the way till she reached his collarbone. He groaned and pulled her head back up so he could capture her lips once more again. 

Kai shut the door behind him with his foot before he reached his destination. Yoona’s bed.

They landed softly on the bed and broke only for a few seconds. 

Kai and Yoona were breathing hard against each other in loud pants. They looked at each other as if asking a question. When Yoona nodded her head, Kai knew. 

There was no going back now.

 

A/N-um

 

Hi. 

 

I'm alive.

 

Also don't kill me.

 

P.S don't hate me for the ty scene.