Chapter 23

Cheonsa

Third Person POV:

 

Kai was floating on Cloud 9 throughout the whole ride the resort. 

Nothing could spoil his mood at the moment, not even if his dad called him and ordered him to come home-which he did. Kai chose to ignore the old man’s calls. 

‘She loves me.’ He thought to himself as he pressed on the accelerator harder. 

He was going to reach there first and give Yoona the biggest most tightest hug ever. 

He drove faster and ended up getting to the resort 10 minutes earlier than the GPS said he would. That gave Kai enough time to book himself a room considering his father didn’t do . 

His only problem now was blending in with the students when they arrived. 

Kai dropped his stuff on his room and headed to the front where D.O had texted him. Hmm, everyone’s probably all getting their keys to the their room so if I just meet D.O half away I can act as if he’s my roommate.  

Kai shot a text to D.O to meet him behind the waterfall fountain where none of the teachers would be able to see them. As he waited, Kai saw people come through heading up to their rooms with their suitcases. He tried to spot Yoona’s head but as soon as he saw Yuri D.O arrived and Kai lost his train of thought.

“Let’s go,” Kai said quickly moving to the boys hall even though he had no clue which one was D.O’s room. Kai’s room was on a completely other floor. Perks of having an of a dad who wouldn’t let him go on the trip. 

“Geez, you’re in a rush.” D.O noticed pulling his key out and reading which room was his. 

“Well I want to go down and be able to look like I’m supposed to be on this trip.” Kai said smoothly when D.O found his room. Last room all the way down in the hall. 

“You mean go see Yoona?” D.O translated when he opened his room and hauled his luggage. Kai’s cheeked reddened. Of course…he thought to himself. D.O was right next to Yoona the whole time he must’ve heard her duh! 

“Did you say it back?” D.O asked slinging his backpack on his shoulders. Kai bit his lip and shook his head. D.O gaped at him. To be honest his initial plan was to tease Kai about it but that was before when he thought he had already told her he loved her. 

“Dude what the hell you’ve been dating for months.” He said surprised. Kai scratched his lips in that nervous manner that he always did. 

“I know, I was scared that she wouldn’t feel the same way back thats why I didn’t say anything this whole time.” He said quickly as they left their room. D.O shook his head. There was no doubt that Kai loved Yoona more than anything in the world-the only problem was that Kai had trouble saying it to her. 

“Well she’s said it to you now, you better say it soon.” D.O gave him encouraging advice. Kai nodded. I’ll sleep on it and maybe it’ll come to me… 

“So, she was fine the whole ride there?” Kai asked grateful that they were now closer to the entrance of the hotel. 

“After she fell asleep for a bit, she was completely fine, she was even talking to Yuri.” D.O explained recounting Yoona’s events. He didn’t know what Kai did but whatever it was, it had calmed Yoona down immensely. 

Kai smiled to himself secretly. ‘That’s all because of me’

“On the bus we were all split into teams and we’re about to start a game that determines who eats dinner first” D.O started to say with an uneasy expression on his face. 

“Okay, so I’ll just stay with your group who do you have?” Kai asked. The two were finally outside and everyone was standing accordingly with their groups as the team leaders began discussing the rules. 

“My group is fine, it’s Yoona’s group that you should be worried about.” D.O said his eyes instantly finding Yoona. 

She was standing in front of Hyorin, Dasom and Soyu most probably the worst pairing that the teachers could’ve put together. 

Kai’s jaw dropped as he stared at the girls behind his girl glaring at her. “No ing way am I letting them with her.” He growled. 

Kai went around the crowd of people so not to be seen and stood right next to Yoona in front of her team which they noticed. He heard their excited whispers behind them and couldn’t help but roll his eyes at their idiocracy. 

“We need to talk.” Kai whispered in Yoona’s ear. That made her jump because she didn’t expect anyone to standing next to her. Kai grabbed her wrist and pulled her away from the teachers and students with an angry Hyorin staring holes into the back of Yoona’s head. 

“I don’t want her in my team.” She grunted grinding her teeth back and forth. “None of us do.” Soyu muttered along with Hyorin.

“Then lets take her out.” Hyorin said simply. The girls stared at Hyorin confused. 

She resisted the urge to roll her eyes. It was starting to get annoying when the girls didn’t understand Hyorins words. She had to literally explain to the girls exactly how she wanted them to do her dirty work. 

“Kai, you made it.” Yoona gushed when they were alone. Though they were still close to the group they were far enough that they were out of earshot. 

“Yoona,” Kai said her name sternly forgetting about that hug he wanted to give her. “I don’t want you in their team.” 

The girl sighed and stopped acting as if she was happy. She was upset that she had to be paired with Hyorin and her friends. From the start on the bus they were profound with their dislike towards Yoona and though she tried to ignore it it was hard to when they wouldn’t stop.

“I can’t do anything about it Kai, I just have to get through this one game and I’ll talk to the teacher and ask to never pair us up again.” She said hopefully seeing if that solution could work better for the two. 

“Yoona if she tries to hurt you-“

“She’s not going to hurt me, please. She’d rather die than break a nail.” Yoona joked turning back and staring at the girl who was busy chatting with her friends. ‘They can’t be too bad. All I have to do is ignore them and I can make it out.’

Kai cracked a smile and finally remembered his hug. He enveloped her into his arms which she gladly went into. 

“D.O told me how calm you were on the bus.” Kai said pecking her nose. Yoona smiled up at him. “It was all because of you.” She said her hands rubbing up and down his back. Kai smiled knowing the reason to her happiness was because of him. 

“I’m so proud of you.” He said to her kissing her forehead softly. He truly was, the fact that she had overcome her biggest fear technically without him was a huge deal. 

Yoona hugged him tightly before the two made it back to her group. Kai was going to stay by her side until the groups were going to disperse and start the hunt. 

Each group was given a map that would help them lead to a flag. Whichever group found the flag first would get to have more sleep time for the next morning. 

“Everyone understands the rules?” Mr. Kim said looking down at the students. “No team mate gets left behind and everyone has to be report back in two hours whether you find the flag or not.” With that said everyone dispersed and began the hunt. 

“Yoona, if anything happens call me,” Kai whispered into her ear before placing a light peck behind her neck. She nodded and waved goodbye for him to return to his group. 

At this point Yoona didn’t mind that she was in Hyorins team. She was in high spirits. After she told Kai she loved him her heart couldn’t stop fluttering. Even though he didn't return the words back to her she didn’t worry too much about it. Yoona just wanted to let Kai know how much she felt about him. 

“Alright let’s go.” Hyorin snapped walking away quickly with her friends so Yoona couldn’t keep up. She rolled her eyes at the girls and was thankful that she had memorized what the map had looked like before Hyorin stole it from her. 

Yoona walked a few meters behind the group of girls in case they tried something funny. She wasn’t going to so quickly trust that Hyorin didn’t have anything planned for her because she most likely did. 

As they continued on the trail that the teachers had designed Yoona always stayed back tying a ribbon on the trees in case she got lost. 

Hyorin turned around once and saw her lingering by the tree. 

“Yoona you’re gonna have to pick up your pace if you don’t want to get lost~” Hyorin sang when she halted, a plan forming in her head. Yoona was holding the girls back with her constant ribbon tying and at this rate they were never going to get the flag. 

Yoona jogged over to the girls and eyed them carefully. “You guys can walk, I’ll follow behind you.” She said to them. 

“Oh, but we found a shortcut, what if you took the long way and got separated from our group?” Dasom faked innocence as if she was worried for the girl. Yoona stared at the girl in disgust and stopped herself from rolling her eyes. “Thanks for your concern.” Yoona said sarcastically knowing Dasom couldn’t give a rats if she got lost. 

“Come on, let’s keep walking, we’re almost there.” Hyorin said moving along to the “short-cut.” she had mentioned earlier. 

Yoona put on a brave face and relaxed a little. Only a little bit more and then she’d be done with these girls. I can do this… 

————-

As promised 2 hours later everyone had reported back to the front of the resort after the game was over. But there was a complication. No group was declared winner because no group got the flag. 

The teachers stared at the students in disbelief. “How could no one find it? It’s a bright yellow flag hanging on a pole you can’t miss it.” Mr. Kim said. 

“Saem, we’re all telling you. Everyone went to the same exact place and there was no flag.” One of the students said to the teacher. 

“That’s impossible.” He said. Mr. Kim turned to his assistant Luhan and sent him over to find the flag. 

Yuri left her group momentarily to find Yoona. If Kai didn’t take her yet, then she could have a few minutes to spare with Yoona before they met in their room. 

But when Yuri found Hyorins group she found Yoona missing. The three girls were busy on their phones trying to find signal. 

“Where’s Yoona?” Yuri asked a terrible feeling building up in her chest. At first Hyorin ignored Yuri-she didn’t even bother responding as she continued to search for signal. 

“Hyorin where is Yoona?” Yuri asked again her patience running think with this girl. Hyorin flashed her eyes at the annoying girl in front of her. 

“How the would I know? I’m not her mother.” She responded harshly. 

“She’s in your group and you’re the team leader, where is she?” Yuri asked again. 

“I don’t know and I don’t care. She could get lost in these woods for all I care.” Hyorin snapped shoving Yuri out of the way. 

Yuri turned around and had the most deadliest expression on her face. She went completely pale when she realized she was faced with Kai. 

“Yoona’s missing.” She whispered to the boy who’s smile instantly fell off of his face. 

 

 

A/N-here is the long awaited next chapter phew took me awhile to update. I dnt know if i mentioned but I'm currently writing 4 stories at the moment and I update them twice LOL two are on aff and two im just writing on ma computer so later when theyre finished i can just update regulary. But yea right now It's this story's turn so expect an update very very soon. Do ya'll ever get extreme bias feels that you just wanna write? I got extreme kai feels today. I was watching the exo thunder dance and i just lost it with Kai's hip . oh ma gaga those hips....they're so enchanting I can't. Anyways enjoy!!

~Love always