Press conference

Under the Spotlight

A/N: Hey i'm back! How are you guys doing? I've been extremely busy and i just finished my final exam. I stole some times to write this chapter and i finished it in 30 mn. Sorry if it wasn't as exciting as you expected and plus don't mind the error coz i didn't recheck it at all.

................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

 

 

The staged has been prepared with a nice decoration and the background pictures were a picture of twelve heartthrobs, Exo, along with a big poster of a female celebrity in short red dress with a poker face on, Mayu. Cameras could be seen everywhere as the staff were working hard trying to make the show perfect. Several paparazzi along with the VIP fans were waiting anxiously for the arrival of the big Asian stars.

Soon, a figure walked up to the stage receiving a big applause from the crowd. She was also a famous actress in Korea. After greeting the fans and introduced herself, she took a seat on one of the 14 chairs which were prepared behind a really long desk. She flashed a smile before lifted up the mic and continued her speech.

“Wow! It’s such a wonderful day and I’m so honor to be the MC today. This is a really big conference of the collaboration between a very famous kpop boy group called Exo and the y singer from Japan, Mayu. Shall we invite them to the stage now?”

“NEHH!!” That was what the crowd responded.

“Alright Alright! Let’s welcome our breathe-taking men, Exo!!”

After she yelled on the microphone, the crowed exploded as Exo members walked out and headed toward the staged while smiling and waving to the fans-well except Luhan who only waved but keeping a straight face.

“We are one! Hello everyone, we are Exo.” They greeted the fan in their unique style.

“Please take a seat.” said the MC with a smile and they did. “And the next person is a singer who killed many men’s hearts with her amazing singing and y dance moves, Mayu.”

The crowd exploded again as you walked out with a small smile on your face. Again Exo was surprised with your transformation, especially after they knew your real self. Luhan’s jaw almost dropped to the floor when he saw you changed from a cheerful innocent Jasmine into a y arrogant Mayu. However, he still managed to control his facial expression well. You, on the other hand, were also surprised! Not because of Exo but because of the female MC. AnAn? She’s still alive?

“Welcome, Mayu-sii. Please take a seat.” She smiled at you and gestured you to sit between her and Kris so you did.

“Wow as soon as you arrived, the iness has spread around the room immediately.”

You heard AnAn said but you ignored her and waved at the fans instead. AnAn was a bit taken by your cold behavior and her inside was boiling already. She’s so arrogant!!!

Exo who already knew everything didn’t seem to surprise with your behavior but still, they didn’t familiar with your stage attitude at all.

“Jasmine is scary!” Sehun whispered to Chen.

“Jasmine is not scary but Mayu is.” Chen whispered back.

Luhan was having a hard time maintain his behavior but still he couldn’t help but to glance at you from time to time. This is so new! She didn’t even look at me, completely act like a stranger.

“Since we already have them with us, shall we start now? First I’d like to ask both Exo and Mayu-ssi, how do you feel about this collaboration?”

Suho was the first one to answer this question since he was the leader.

“It’s pretty awesome. Mayu-ssi is a great singer and she’s very talented. I hope we’ll work well together.”

“Ah I see! What about you, Mayu-ssi?”

“Exo sunbae-nim is really amazing and they are the artists that I always look up to, so being able to do the collaboration with them is such a great honor to me. I’m happy that I finally got the chance to know them better.”

What you said received a big hand from the fans. Something hit AnAn. Her voice sounded so familiar!! In contrast of her, Exo was smiling in disbelief. Nice speech, Jasmine.

AnAn nodded as she looked at the script in her hand.

“Er Mayu-ssi, you know many fans were surprised when the news came out that you’d do the collaboration with Exo because rumors were spreading that you don’t really have a good communication with male celebrities, is that true?”

Exo held their breath waiting for your answer. Seems like the press conference today impressed them a lot. You let out a dry chuckle before answer the question.

“Well… How do I put this? I actually do interact with male celebrities; I just don’t have many male friends.” Simple and short answer from you!!! AnAn, the MC, frowned when she noticed something on the script.

“But Mayu-ssi, there was one rumor saying that you slapped a famous Japanese actor because he tried to touch your hand, did it really happen?”

Again the room became silent; the conference seems to get serious within a few minutes.

“Hmm…why do I feel like this is out of topic? We’re supposed to talk about the collaboration, right?” You asked with a laugh. The MC gaped a little and so did Exo. You weren’t supposed to avoid the question.

“I’m sorry but the fans were just curious.” AnAn quickly apologies like the others normal MC. You were thinking how she would react if she just knew who you are, it seems fun!!”

“Er….that’s true!” Then you paused and looked at people’s reactions. They started to gasped and whispered to each other, even Exo was shock too.

“But…he wasn’t trying to touch my hand; he was trying to touch my thighs.” As soon as you finished your words, the reactions have changed from negative to positive. Luhan found himself clenching his fist. Who the hell was that bastard? How dare him trying to touch my girl?

“To be frank, If I were you, I’d the same.” Said AnAn and you gave her a small smile as a respond. It felt so awkward to communicate with her with this kind of manner.

“Let’s move on to the next question: What is the concept for the collaboration album? Can you give us a hint? Oh yes, Chanyeol-ssi!” She gestured to him when she saw Chanyeol picked up the mic.

“The concept for the album is a secret because we want to surprise the fans but I guarantee that It’s going to be really good.” He said and raised his thump up.

“I’ll reveal my concept.” You said after Chanyeol caught the whole attention.

“Yes please tell us, Mayu-ssi.”

“My concept is pure and innocent.”

Suddenly the room became noisy.

“Really?”

“Is that true?”

“Ah I can’t wait to see her in innocent makeup!”

“I can’t wait!”

“I can’t wait!”

“I can’t wait!”

That were what you could hear from the fans. You had the urge to laugh but you stopped yourself on time.

“It’s a new concept to you, right?” asked AnAn.

“Yes it is!”

“Acutally so many fans have questioned about your y make up, could you tell us a little bit about it?”

“I’ve gotta say this is my concept: Wild and y so I have to wear thick make up all the time.”

Again, you only gave a pretty short answer, the opposite from the fact.

“Ah I see! Some fans even called you the wild fox because of your cat-look makeup.” AnAn chuckled but you had a little smirk on the corner of your lips. This nickname suits you more!

“Alright because of the time is limited, we should move on to the next part. Before the show started, our staffs have collected some questions from the fans and we hope Exo and Mayu will be honest with the answers. There are several questions here and the first one goes to Exo. Exo please be honest!”

“We will!” A few members answered.

“Ok so the first one is: Exo members please describe Mayu in one word and give some reasons. Shall we start with Chanyeol-ssi?”

AnAn asked since he was the one who was sitting on the last chair of the other side.

“Ok! Hmm Describe Mayu-ssi in one word? Well…Talented!!! She can sing and dance really well.” Again, he raised his thump up and smiled at you. You smiled back as a respond.

Then it was Tao’s turned.

“One word: y!” He said without hesitated and winked making the girls squealed. Why do I feel like Tao oppa has become a flirty? You thought to yourself.

“We don’t have to ask for the reason, do we? Just look at her and we can tell.” The MC, AnAn, continued. She seemed to play the role of an MC really well.

One by one, the members started to use different words to describe you but it all good. And now it was Luhan.

“Uh Luhan-ssi?” AnAn called his name and they seemed comfortable toward each other.

“Neh?” He unconsciously smiled. The crowed became deadly silent as everyone looked at Luhan without even a blink. You watched the situation in confused.

“I swear I saw his smile.” One girl yelled.

“I saw it too.” Another one continued.

“OMO finally it came back, the smile.”

“Luhan oppa did smile OMG!”

“His smile has returned after disappeared for 5 years.”

Luhan himself blinked in surprise and he rubbed the back of his neck in embarrassed. That was a rare moment. A smiled secretly came on your lips. Could I be the reason behind his smile? The other members also smiled because they knew the story. Only AnAn who was still confused but she didn’t bother to ask. Seems like she didn’t really care about him anymore.

“Please describe Mayu in one word.”

Luhan glanced at you for a few seconds before turned back to the camera.

“It’s hard to say since I barely know her but if you talked about the first impression, I’d say quiet because honestly this is the first time I heard her voice.”

What??? First time? You’ve gotta be kidding, oppa!!

“Uh really? Um that’s interesting. What about you, Baekyun-ssi?”

“Kind-hearted! She used to give me medicine when I got some problem with my throat at the music program.”

“Really? You did?” AnAn turned her attention to you and you nodded with a small smile.

“That’s so kind of you! Now let’s move to the next question. Hmm Mayu-ssi, would it be easy for you if you collaborate with an idol instead of a group of idol?”

You pretended to think for a bit before answered.

“Actually it depends on the artist that you collaborate with. I can’t say if it’s easier but for me, I really like the idea of working with Exo sunbae. They have more experiences and very skillful, so I think it’s going to be really good.”

Of course it is, I’m here to collaboration with you. Luhan secretly thought to himself.

“Well I agree with you, since both are experienced in this field, fans won’t be disappointed. Hmm let’s see what question we have next. Oh seems like fans are really curious about Mayu. Mayu-ssi, it’s been 4 years since you debuted, do you still have the contract of no dating?”

“I don’t have this kind of contract. My boss said I can date anyone as long as I don’t get caught.” You said and chuckled.

“Wow I’m jealous. I and Exo are in the same company and we had to stay single for four years but still…some idols are secretly dating and hide it from the agency.”

You blinked and looked at her. Are you talking about Luhan oppa…and me?

“Let’s go back to our topic. There’re twelve handsome men that you’re going to work with, so is anyone of them your ideal type?”

“Er as Luhan sunbae said, we barely know each other so I really can’t tell if there’s someone who is similar to my ideal type.”

As the word Luhan sunbae slipped from your mouth, Luhan immediately looked at you. I can’t believe things changed 180 degree, is your feeling toward me still the same? Right now, there’s nothing on you that I’m familiar with.

“I’m sure; out of twelve there must be one who fits your ideal guy!! What about Exo? Is Mayu your ideal girl? Luhan-ssi?”

“To be frank, Mayu-ssi is really attractive but i rather like a girl with innocent look. I’m sorry, I’m just being honest.” Luhan said and eyed you but you avoided his gaze but looking at the paper on the table in front of you instead. Somehow you felt slightly hurt inside.

“I see!! Em that’s one last question and it goes to Mayu again. Fans have been wondering about one thing, Mayun-ssi.”

“And what is that?”

“It’s about your necklace. Fans said they saw that necklace since the first day that you entered the music field and up until now you still wear them. Ah can see today you’re wearing it too.” AnAn pointed to your neck. You gulped and touched your necklace. Luhan’s eyes grew a bit wider when he saw it. It was…….the necklace I gave her, our couple necklace.

“Uh this necklace……actually it means the entire world to me. It’s the think I treasure the most and it gave me strength just to look at this necklace whenever I feel down.”

“Who gave it to you, may I ask?”

“The very important person who bring happiness to my life.” You answered with a passionate smile and Luhan was softened but then an idea popped in his mind. He smirked to himself while staring at you side profile. Sorry baby girl, what’s going to happen next is just a little revenge for you for hiding from me for years.

“Wow wow wow…Could it be a special someone or……..just your family members right?

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..

The press conference lasted in two hours and now you were searching for Luhan. On the way, you met Tao.

“Tao oppa!” You called him in a low tone afraid someone would hear you.

“Oh hi hottie!” He grinned. You rolled your eyes but smiled.

“Stop the flirt! Do you see Luhan oppa?”

“Miss him huh? I think he’s in the dressing room. You should……………………

Too late, you already ran off before he could finish his words. He shook his head and chuckled. This girl still doesn’t grow up when it comes to Luhan ge.

You were grinning widely while standing in front of the dressing room. You silently opened the door wanted to surprise Luhan but then it seemed like you were the one who got shock. As soon as  the door was opened, your eyes widened as your heart fell on the floor like a rock. Your lips were trembling as you watched the scene in front of you. A couple was making out inside the room. A single tear dropped as you covered your mouth trying to prevent the sound from coming out. Luhan oppa, you broke the promise!!!

 

 

 

 

Thanks for leaving the questions! Most of you have similar questions so i just combined it into one. Hope you have seen what you've posted in the chapter ^^