Chapter 2

MY LOVE

 

Minwoo, wakes up and greeted Dongwan, the man ignores him. He checks if his clothes are already wearable. He then turns his attention to Dongwan once again.

-          “We were not formally introduced yet…my name is Minwoo. How about you, aren’t you going to introduce yourself?”

He extended his hand for a handshake. Dongwan seems annoyed but he answered anyway.

-          “It’s Dongwan” but he just tapped Minwoo’s hand.

-          “Aish, so stubborn, can’t you just shake my hand? I’m not your enemy.”

He still ignores him.

-           “Ok, I surrender…I’m starving would you like some breakfast?”Minwoo asked. 

-           “That’s a great idea” Dongwan replied coldly.

-          “I’m off now. What would you like to eat?”

-           “Anything that is edible”

Minwoo frowned. This guy is really something.  He went down the building and look for the nearest food stall in the area. He then bought some congee and fried pastries.

He went back to the shelter. He handed Dongwan his food. “Eat it while it’s hot” Minwoo said with a smile. Dongwan lifts his head and asked Minwoo.

-           “Why are you doing this?    

-           “Because you saved my life.” Minwoo answered.

-          “But you saved mine too.”  

-           “I know but I never felt grateful all my life. I’d worked as a policeman for quite a long time but I’ve never known anyone who’s brave enough to take a bullet just to save someone he doesn’t even know nor had any emotional connection at all.”

-          “Something inside me that made me does it, because you didn’t deserve to die. My conscience seemed to tell me that.”

Minwoo is glad that Dongwan started to open up to him.

-          “When are you going back to your wife? She must be very worried.” Dongwan asked.

-          “How did you know I’m married?”

-           “You’re wearing that freaking ring.”

-          “Oh I see…hehehe.” Minwoo laughed.

-          “I’ll see her after you are fully recovered; you’re my responsibility for now as I owe you my life.”

Dongwan just nodded. He also wanted to see his brother but he can’t just show up with a bandage. Andy might get suspicious. They decided to stay on the shelter…for a while.

LEE FAMILY RESIDENCE

Yeol-Mae is crying on the couch. She never slept for 2 days, very much worried on her husband’s whereabouts. She called the police station for the nth times.

-          “Have you already found Minwoo? HE’S BEEN MISSING FOR 2 DAYS. Are you even looking for him?” She yelled on her cell phone.

-          Please calm down Mrs. Lee. We are trying our best to investigate Officer Lee’s case right now. Please bear with us.

Yeol-Mae just throws the cell phone in disappointment.

She then heard someone was knocking on her door. She hurriedly run towards the door, it might be Minwoo. She opens it only to find Shin Hyesung outside.

-          “Hyesung ah…” the only word that came out from Yeol-Mae’s mouth.

The man hugged her tightly.

-          “Everything is going to be alright Yeol-Mae, Minwoo will be fine.” Hyesung promised her.

Shin Hyesung is Lee Minwoo’s best friend. They’ve known each other since grade school. They went to the same school until college but he decided to study Psychology instead of Criminology. He was neither as agile nor athletic as his friend Minwoo. He might be lacking on height compared to Hyesung but he was stronger than him.

He was the one who introduced Yeol-Mae to Minwoo and act as their matchmaker; hence he became their Best man on their wedding 2 years ago.

Hyesung is consoling Yeol-Mae.

-          “God was so cruel. We were just about to plan on having a baby. Why did he let these happened to us. I don’t want to end up becoming a widow...I’m starting to lost hope.”

-          Don’t blame God Yeol-Mae; everything may have happened for a reason. The two of you were like a family to me.

-          Just tell me Yeol-Mae if you want me to accompany you tonight? I know you’re too worried about Minwoo but he can manage himself…just trust him.

-          I know Hyesung ah; you seem to know him more than I am… Yeol-Mae smiled bitterly.

Hyesung wiped the tears off Yeol-Mae’s cheek.

-          I’m here Yeol-Mae don’t worry…

-          Thank you…Hyesung ah.

BROTHERS

Days had passed. The bond between the two men grows stronger. They were like long lost brothers.

Minwoo regularly checks on Dongwan’s wound…it started to heal a little bit.

-          “Maybe I can visit Andy on his workplace now…” Dongwan gladly said. “How about you Minwoo, do you want to go home? My wound is kind of healing now.”

-          “You’re not fully recovered yet but I think you will be fine. I’ll wait for you then. I’m not going to leave just like that…Want to have a drink tonight?”

-          Well, it’s up to you…I can’t wait to see my little bro.

-          Ok, be safe bro…

-          You too…bro…

ALLEY CATS

Dongwan went to where Andy works. He spotted Andy near the employees’ entrance. He was about to approached him when he suddenly saw a tall man came toward his brother. The guy looks familiar; he sneaks around to get a better look of him. Dongwan was shocked when he recognized who that man is. It was Park Junjin.

Junjin also works for Scarface. He was one of his most trusted men and was in-charge of Scarface’s business overseas.

As far as Dongwan remembered, Junjin was currently residing in Japan. “Why he’s in Korea? Does Scarface sent him to look for me? Why he’s with my brother? Does he know that we are related?”

A lot of question is bothering Dongwan at that moment.

Then suddenly Andy and Junjin went to a dark alley. Dongwan followed them immediately. He has to save his brother, that’s the only thought that went on his mind right now. Both men stopped. He saw Junjin push Andy on the wall…

-          ”How dare that bastard!!!” Dongwan angrily muttered to himself.

He is about to run towards his brother and give Junjin a good beating when suddenly…Andy grabs Junjin’s neck and gave him a hot long kiss…Dongwan was frozen in shock of the sight and hide in the corner.

-          “Andy’s gay? I’m his brother. How come I didn’t know about this? And off all the people…why Junjin?” He was confused even more.

The two men were very much in to each other…then they hear some noise coming from where Dongwan was hiding.

-          “That would be the boss.” Andy stopped Junjin from nibbling his neck.

-          “Aish, what a bad timing…I need you now Andy ah” said Junjin.

-          “I need to go back to work, you may go now.”

-          “Ok, I’ll be back tomorrow…I love you Andy.” Junjin kiss him gently on his lips.

-          “I love you too Junjin.”

Junjin leaves and went to the other side of the alley. Andy walks back to the restaurant. Dongwan suddenly shows up and scolded Andy.

-          “Yah!! What was that about, huh?”

-          “You saw what happened, hyung?”

-          “Everything, Andy…everything.”

-          “I love him hyung…”

-          “I don’t care if you’re gay Andy. You can have any man that you like…but not him.”

-          “Why, do you know him?”

-          “I just don’t like that guy Andy…dump him”

He can’t tell Andy the real reason why he was opposing their relationship.

-          “You know I can’t just do that hyung…I love him so much.”

-          “So you think he feels the same, huh? He is just making a fool out of you.”

-          “I assure you he isn’t that kind of person.”

-          “And what makes you say that?”

-          “Because he was always there for me hyung, when you were not around…WHEN YOU WERE NOT AROUND!!!” 

Andy yelled on his big brother.

-           “But Andy, I’m not around because of my job…you know that. “

-          “And I don’t even know what’s that job is, right hyung?”

-          “We need that money for your treatment. I want you to be fully recovered.”

-          “Hyung I know this sickness will be with me forever…it’s not going to disappear just like that. If you still insisted me to break up with Junjin, I don’t want to be treated anymore…I’d rather die.”

-          “Hear me out Andy, please…”

Andy pushed his big brother lightly without saying anything. Dongwan felt guilty. Andy was right…and it hurts him really bad.