Chapter 1

MY LOVE

Kim Dongwan is a hired killer…the most cold-blooded on his field. He killed his target at point blank without any remorse at all, but he made an oath to himself that he will only kill does who deserves it.

Dongwan’s POV

I’m not doing this for myself but to support my younger brother Andy on his medical needs…he has LAUKEMIA. He is undergoing chemotherapy, I want him to live as long as possible…I love my baby bro so much and he is the only family that I have , we had lost our parents in a car accident at a very young age.

Andy now works as a bust boy in a Chinese restaurant. He lives in a boarding house two blocks away from where I live. I insisted that we should not live together for some reason, he was hesitant at first but I’d convinced him later on.

I know he looks up to me but I don’t want to let him know about my shady job. He may not understand it… at all or worse he will hate me forever.

Days past…I’m still waiting for my next assignment…hmm maybe Scarface had already run out of people to get killed. Dongwan smirk to himself.

Suddenly…he heard someone knocking on the door; he got up on his old nasty couch. He opens the door…and looks down to find a brown box on the floor. “Ah...Scarface as always...”

 Dongwan open the box…there’s a bundle of cash, a photo, and a note…”A note?? That’s new!” He looks at the photo and read some of the details at the back. “Lee Minwoo…ok? A police officer, he must be corrupt” then he open the note. “Wan, I want you to get this guy for me…send him to my warehouse alive…then I let you do the rest after questioning…Scarface” So I have to kidnap Mr. Officer before killing him…Aish!! Killing is so much easier than kidnapping…he sigh. No wonder I got too much cash in here.

Saturday Night

Dongwan started to stalk Lee Minwoo…he is accompanied by a woman, a girlfriend? I guess. I have to leave her out of it. I don’t want to stain my hands with innocent blood.

The couple went to a night market, holding hands and enjoying some snacks. Dongwan is riding his motorcycle wearing a helmet, staring at the strolling couple.

 I have to make a scene to lure all these people. He starts to open fire as a warning shot, bystanders in the area start to panic. Minwoo ducked and tried to cover the woman. Dongwan moves toward them and hit the man on the back of his head, he then lost his consciousness. As the woman lifts her head, Minwoo is nowhere to be found. Tears run down her cheeks and started to cry out loud yelling Minwoo’s name.

Minwoo’s POV

I woke up in an unfamiliar place…my head is still hurting. I saw a man sitting on the opposite side of the bed. I swear to God, I’ve never seen this guy before…what is happening?

The man walks toward him holding a handcuff.  “YAH, PUT THIS ON.” The man revealed to be Dongwan. “What is he doing? Who the hell is this guy?”Minwoo said to himself.  Dongwan yelled at him once again “ARE YOU GOING TO PUT THIS ING CUFF ON OR I’LL BLOW YOUR HEAD OFF” pointing a gun on the man’s temple. Minwoo is startled “Oh this guy is serious.” He tried to get away but Dongwan restraint him. Forcedly put the handcuffs on to Minwoo.

Dongwan is shaking his head in disbelief…”Aish…if only Scarface didn’t ask me to send this guy to him I could have killed him on the spot…such a pain in the !” He looks at Minwoo again. “Yah, put yourself together we are going to meet someone.”

Chaos at the warehouse

They headed to Scarface’s warehouse. Dongwan drags Minwoo towards the table.

-          “Boss, here’s the guy that you wanted to meet.”

Scarface smiled

-          “As expected from you Wan, you always make me proud.”

Dongwan gave a bitter smile

-          “If only I didn’t owe you big time and not for the sake of my brother, I’d already stop a long time ago.” He muttered to himself.

Scarface then made a sign to let someone in. A man walks in; he’s on his late 50’s. Minwoo’s eyes grow bigger; he seems to recognize the man.

-          “General Choi? What are you doing here? Did you send these thugs to capture me?”

The older man smirks.

-          “Young lad, I know you hid all the evidence, just let me know where you hide them and I will set you free.” said the older man. 

-          “You can’t be trusted; I knew all along that you were a part of a syndicate and you’re also involved on killing those high profile criminals.” Minwoo growled.

-          “You’re a smart man, actually I kind of expected this to happen, Scarface tell your man to do what he’s good at” the older man commands.

Scarface then asked Dongwan to finish off Minwoo. Dongwan looks confuse and started to talk.

-          “Yah boss, I told you I don’t kill innocent people.”

Scarface shouts angrily.

-          “Wan it’s your ing job, don’t be such a .”

Dongwan lifts his gun.

-          “I had no choice” he fires the gun on one of Scarface’s henchmen. 

Another henchman fires toward Minwoo but Dongwan covered him and takes the bullet instead, he was hit on his shoulder.  The sound of gunfire echoed in the whole warehouse. General Choi and Scarface both protected by their bodyguards fled the area. Minwoo drags Dongwan on a safer place and snatch the gun off his hands.

-          “We need to escape, you can still run?” Minwoo asked the man.

-          “Yes I’ll try” Dongwan answered.

They run towards the motorcycle. Minwoo position Dongwan at the back and starts the engine.

Minwoo’s POV - On the road

While driving, Minwoo checks on Dongwan if he is still ok…he notice that he loses a lot of blood. He knows they can’t just go to any hospital; the General’s thugs will surely trace them. Dongwan whispered something and Minwoo seems to understand him. They headed in an abandoned building.  He helped Dongwan walk all the way to the rooftop; there was actually a shelter with dirty couch and bed sheets. This must be his hiding place.

 Dongwan slightly open his eyes. “You can leave now” Minwoo hesitates. “Yah, ARE YOU TIRED OF LIVING?” Dongwan yelled. He tries to get up but lost his balance due to the injury…he then finally fainted. Minwoo carried Dongwan inside the shelter. He then places him on the bed.

Minwoo starts to attend on Dongwan’s wound. The bullet is still stuck on his shoulder. Minwoo looks for a pair of scissor and a lighter. He found it on the drawer, luckily there’s also a candle. He lit the candle and started to warm the pointed part of the scissor, he dig it right through the man’s wound and tried to pull out the bullet…Dongwan groan in pain…he was having a hard time but it was a success. Minwoo cleaned the wound then ripped some textile from Dongwan’s undershirt and covered his wound.

Minwoo started to undress Dongwan, he prepared some water to clean him. He grabbed the remaining cloth then dumps it on the cold water; he started to rub it on him. Minwoo notice that Dongwan has a very delicate skin, for someone who abducted and tried to kill him. Minwoo is so amazed…”This guy is really good-looking; I wonder why he ends up being a hired killer.” Since he can’t find any spare clothes to wear he hanged both of their clothes and jeans to dry. He then let the man rest for a while. Minwoo lies down on the couch and close his eyes, he felt so tired. Both men fell asleep with only their underwear on.

Dongwan’s POV - Morning after Dark

Dongwan wakes up and tried to open his eyes; he still feels the pain due to his gunshot wound. He looks down on the couch and finds Minwoo sleeping there. “So he didn’t leave then?” Dongwan smiles a bit and seems very thankful of the stranger. “He really is a good man.” He declares.

Dongwan notice the ring on Minwoo’s finger. “He’s married then, so the woman with him must be his wife.” Dongwan thought to himself that he is on his mid-thirties but he’s still single, he felt a little envious at Minwoo.

He almost got married several times but once his girlfriend(s) found out about his job they immediately called-off the wedding. He already gave up the idea of marriage; it seems no woman will fully understands him. Since then, he was often seen with a hooker every night…”at least I don’t have to explain everything to them, they were just there to fulfill my ual urge no commitment…just …”

 I didn’t pay for their services, I’d insisted but they refused…they were actually willing to pay me instead. Am I that good? These women find me too attractive to be their customer.  But despite all these I’m not satisfied at all.