You're joking right

The Other Side

“OH MY GOD!” I gasped outloud in awe. “Sehun, this is....” i trailed off. The sight was so breathtaking. Those seven colours fell in sync with each other neither mixing or separating. They were uniformly falling with a layer of silver sparkles coating the surface of the rainbow. I tried to find the source of this ‘waterfall’ but i couldn’t seem to locate it. Sehun noticed me turning my head to find the source so he simply pointed up and there amongst the clouds i saw the mountain reaching up high and it clicked in my head. “Do you mean to tell me, the rainbow is coming from the sky itself? The rainbow is actually falling?”

“Well that’s one way to interpret it,” he said and smiled.

I looked down to see the pool it would form at the bottom. There was a pool of swirling colour. A liquid rainbow. Taking a closer look i saw that the colors mixed in the middle but then at both sides of the pool there were three tunnel looking formations from which one of the seven colors flowed into and the last colour continued from the plunge pool down its own tunnel. It was all a mixture of wonder.

“Sora, do you see how the colors all swerve off into their respective tunnel streams?”

“Mmmm hmm. What does that signify?”

“Signify? It doesn’t signify anything, but each color takes you to a place.” Sehun probably noticed my confusion so he elaborated.”I mean, if you slide down one of the tunnels you end up in a different part of Iliore.”

“Each color takes you somewhere else?”

“Yep. Well, there isn’t a specific place like say red would take you into the mountains or anything. The colors send you wherever they want to. If you slide down one you don’t enter a fixed location.”

“Oh wow. This is seriously very cool.” I was leaning over the edge of the cliff trying to see more when all of a sudden my feet slipped. In a moment of panic i grabbed the first thing i saw, which so happened to be Sehun. He let out a gasp and there we went tumbling into a rainbow. A RAINBOW!

I felt Sehun slipping from my grip and i think that was the first time i ever felt true panic. The one thought in my head was “i go where ever the heck Sehun goes.” In case you’re a lucky person and falling into a rainbow fall is something you have never experienced then you wouldn’t know so let me tell you,  swimming in a rainbow is useless and futile and only results in tired limbs. The damn thing isn’t water or any form of liquid. It was like air but had a silky theme to it. The colors were just slipping through my fingers, my body. I didn’t know how to get to Sehun. “SEHUN! WHERE EVER YOU ARE YOU STUCK UP FROG DON’T YOU DARE LEAVE ME!” I screamed. My hands were suddenly grabbed and i was pulled into a hard chest. A low chuckle greeted my ears.

“Stop being so loud or i will drop you.”

Words couldn’t explain how happy i was then. “Um, Sehun we’re going into the green tunnel.”

“I can see that Captain Obvious.”

The coloured tunnel moved so fast and before i could blink we were tossed out of the tunnel which literally spat us out. My landed with a hard plop.

“Owwww” i exclaimed rubbing my bottom. I heard Sehun gasp as he looked at our surroundings. “Wow exactly where are we? This can’t be Iliore, I mean it’s not...magical.”

“I know. It’s dead!” he said.

There were no forms of life here. The trees or what were supposed to be trees were dead, black and burnt. However there was no burning smell in the air. The grass was charred, they crunched beneath our feet. There was no sign of the Iliore that i had seen when i first arrived.

“Exactly where are we? I don’t feel the magic in the air.” There was a small stream a little up ahead. The water looked so contaminated.

“Let’s follow the water Sora.”

“What? How can following water help us out of here?”

“It’s a popular myth in Iliore that if you’re lost follow the water and then you’ll meet some creatures that are full of evil and malice but if you manipulate them well they will guide you out of your misfortune.”

“Woooooooowwwwww, sounds like fun,” i said sarcastically smiling.

“Trust me, they won’t care if i’m the prince or a poor commoner though.”

“And it just keeps getting better. What kind of creatures are we talking about here?”

“Water creatures. Duhh!”

I narrowed my eyes at him, “well no ”

“Merpeople.”