Magical

The Other Side

Later that day Sehun surprisingly stayed with me throughout the day, showing me places, taking me to the grand library and to the gardens. There were so many beautiful flowers there and i’m not sure if i will describe this properly but there were pink and blue sparkles in the air. They were in clusters and they seemed to explode out of the flowers and created an aura so to speak around the flowers.  As we walked through the gardens i clutched Sehun’s arm and pointed, “S...S...Sehun th...that flower is moving.”

“Well of course it is. Did you think that this is a garden of normal flowers? Well yes it had normal flowers but most are magical creatures called Pretals. The tops of their heads give off a flower look and they come in all colours.”

“Well then what’s with the sparkly thingie around the Pretals?”

“Pretals are homes. Well sort of.”

“Homes?” I looked at him at though he was sprouting two heads. “Homes to what?”

“Shhhhhhh and you’ll see.” He clapped his hands and the place dimmed considerably and a soft wind enveloped the vicinity. My eyes felt as though they would pop out.

Infront of me the Pretals opened up themselves and from each Pretal there flew tiny beings. With wings of magnificent colour despite their size. The colours bounced off eachother and the air was filled with a gentle humming. A calming melody soothed my ears.

 One of the tiny beings flew up to my face and looked at me with big eyes that had a glossy sheen to it. I half expected tears to spill from them but none appeared. The creature tilted its head to the side and blinked those mournfully beautiful eyes at me. I could tell it was a ‘she’ for she wore a silver dress. Her wings were a baby blue and her hair a dazzling yet subtle gold.

“Sehun what are they? They’re so beautiful.” I asked. Sehun chuckled as he saw my expression.

“Enchanting isn’t it. They are called Sylphs. Born under the light of the silver star which appears every millennium, there are more some human sized like us and some so tiny you would never know they exist and there are these,the Pretal inhibitors.”

I was so mesmerised by the sight. Sehun clapped his hands again and the place brightened and the Sylphs retreated into the Pretals. I looked at him with sorrowful eyes.“That’s one of their many qualities. They can guide people to their deaths or misfortune. The music that comes from their bodies may seem like the most innocent thing you ever heard but it masks your sense of right and wrong. Don’t get me wrong Sylphs are beautiful creatures and it’s rare for that to happen in Iliore but you’re not from here so....”

I nodded my head as he answered my silent question. “I take it there are more things to come huh?” He looked at me and didn’t answer my question but he asked me something that i didn’t even think about

“Are you ok?” I mean this is new and must be so weird to you. Don’t you want to go back to your land and be with your family?”

“I’m great,” i said and didn’t answer the other question. He and i weren’t close enough for me to reveal my life as yet. He didn’t press the matter.

That night i had the biggest dinner i ever had and i slept on the huge bed which was so comfortable, it was like sleeping on a cloud. Maybe that was even possible in Iliore. I smiled in my sleep, i was sure of it, because i distinctly remember something my hair.

There were fresh clothes at my bed side the next morning. “Courtesy of Prince Sehun ma’am” the chamber maid said.

I quickly got dressed feeling happy. But something happened as i was soaking in the tub. The pink petals in the water suddenly turned black and i felt and the water began creeping up my body to my throat. I couldn’t  even scream. The water took the form of a hand and started choking me. I struggled in the water and then cold wind invaded my ears in the form of a whisper “you’re next” the voice said with an evil laugh and then everything went back to normal. The petals went back to being pink, the water drained from my neck. It was as though nothing happened. I was scared less.

I don’t know why but something in me told me not to tell Sehun about what happened so i didn’t. At breakfast i was joined by the king himself and of course Sehun. It was a quiet breakfast. Sehun then motioned for me to follow him and we ended up by the stables.

“You do realise i cannot ride a horse?” I said.

“You do realise i can ride a horse?” He said.

“How would that help me?”

“Idiot, with me around you won’t get hurt.”

“You’re so full of yourself.”

He helped me mount my horse. It was a silver stallion. Yes i said silver but what else is new? It’s mane felt like silk. “Where are we going?”

“I’m going to show you a waterfall. Seeing as how you were fascinated by the sylphs i want you to see the waterfall.”

“How can a waterfall be more magical than the Sylphs?”

“You’ve seen nothing yet.” He said. Sehun seemed proud of his land. His eyes glowed with happiness when he talked about the stuff he showed me before.

“Well let’s go!” We rode for an hour, not in complete silence but we didn’t talk much either. Sehun was telling me about the huge festival coming up soon. It was called the Lilly Festival. As he was talking i felt something. Something dark. But the dark feeling evaporated as soon as we reached the waterfall. “Well take my soul and feed it to hades!” i exclaimed.

There in front of me was a five hundred feet, single drop water fall. The captivating thing was, it wasn’t water at all. It was a rainbow!