Welcome to my life

The Other Side

I don’t remember exactly how it happened and i don’t think i want to remember. The only thing i do remember is a blood curling scream. Was it my scream? Did the horrible sound emanate from me or from someone else? Was it even a sound capable of being made by a human? Did this happen in my past life? Is that why i’ve been dreaming the same thing for the past month? How do i know i’ve been dreaming the same thing if i don’t remember what it was you might ask, well truth is i don’t!


I used my common sense to figure it out. Waking up drenched in sweat, out of breath, gasping for air like a fish out of water, fear swimming in my veins, always waking up to a scream that seemed to be getting louder as the nights go by....yea i would assume it has been the same dream for the past month.
There was however something weird tonight with this dream. The sound of footsteps echoed in my head. Hard footsteps, as though the person was running. I could tell that the footsteps were made on concrete. Were they my footsteps? Is this why i wake up out of breath? Because in the dream i’m running? Exactly what am i running from? Anyway another weird thing happened. I saw a face. A fleeting glimpse but nonetheless it was a face.
The face of a boy. Pink lips, windswept dark hair and an indescribable expression. His lips were moving but whatever he was saying was inaudible.
Wow, two things i remember from the dream other than the scream. Must be a record.


“Sora! Are you awake? You better be because breakfast isn’t going to make itself!” a screaming voice said. Great just great , I wake up from a scream to hear another scream. Sometimes i wonder why the heck am i even alive. Nothing ever goes my way anyway. Being a slave to my own family while they gloat over their one perfect daughter is certainly not the way i envisioned my life to be. “SORA!”


“I’m coming , i’m coming” i called just to shut her up. My mother always had an annoying habit of not being able to wait. Tch, suicide seems so reasonable right now. Actually let me share a little secret with you. Today i’m going to tell my family about the suicide plan i have in my head. Let’s see if they care. Glancing at myself in the mirror i put on a dull blue frock and put my hair in a pony tail. Nothing new.


“How’s my beautiful daughter?” my father said as he came downstairs and kissed my elder sister, Hara. Did i mention he didn’t even spare me a glance? Oh i didn’t? Well, he didn’t even spare me a glance!
“Father today i plan to...”
“Shut up, who are you to speak to me? Keep doing what you’re doing. Cook like the maid you were born to be!”
Okayyyy then well that was a good talk now wasn’t it. My ‘sister’ smirked at me whilst i scowled in her direction. Unfortunately as always luck was never my best friend and my mother saw. Getting up from her chair she pulled my hair and whispered that if i enjoy my eyes i should never do that to her daughter again before she gouges them out. I was tempted to ask her who would cook then but i held my tongue. As i finished setting the table placing my delicious cooking in front of their disgusting faces i was left to sit on the floor and eat. Suddenly something hot was poured on me. It smelled like coffee. I looked up only to see my father.


“The eggs are burnt you stupid girl! Can you do nothing right?” He then proceeded to tip his entire plate on me and ordered me to make more eggs. Fighting back  tears i made them, my skin sticky and sore. I smelled like garbage.


Later on that day my mother took me and my sister to the market. I was the bag girl. While they were looking at pretty dresses i was stuck with all the bags, my arms sore and my lip bleeding from a slap my mother gave me fifteen minutes ago when i complained of tired arms. Sighing i looked around the street and gasped. OH MY GOD! Windswept hair, pink lips, he looked exactly like that boy from my dream.


“HEY!” i called out. I tried to reach out towards him but he disappeared. It was as though he was never there. Confused i stumbled backwards only to fall down and dropped all the bags. Oh no, my mom and sister saw. Great, just great i’m so gonna get it now.


“YOU DUMB !”
And the insults have started. I swear this afternoon i am so going to that well. The well that’s gonna help me with my suicide. Simple plan it was actually. Walk to the well behind the oak tree up the hill and fall down it. On purpose of course. That’s the whole point of suicide. A nine feet drop. Should be enough to kill me. I think my mother realised i wasn’t listening to her yelling so she decided to take her shoe and hit me.


Yup so going to that well.