Epilogue

Smashing The Hourglass
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

It was so odd being back. The world was the same, but it felt so different. Everyone she had known went on with their lives, and now she didn’t recognize them. Yet she was different too, even though she looked the same; well maybe not so much now.

Five years had passed since Miah’s return to the real world, and her body had returned to aging. While she came back still looking 17, she now had the more matured face and body of a 22 year old, although she was legally considered 27. It was the kind of magic any woman would kill for. Yet magic, was not something Miah would kill or even wish for.

In the past five years she had used her mother’s gift to help her garden grow and that is all. She knew the world she lived in now was neither meant nor safe for magic users. She also never bothered finding out about her magical background besides what she knew of her mother. She did not care who her grandparents were or if there were other witches out there. She was perfectly content with what she had; with whom she had.

Since being back she took a year off of real life to adjust to real life, as redundant as that sounds. But as soon as the year was up she applied to the college she had meant to go to before she disappeared, and thankfully she got in. Miah even continued with the major she had wanted to pursue since she was 12: creative writing. She wanted to be an author; to write a book read all around the world. Being almost done with her degree, she had started on her dream. She was currently writing a memoir classified as fiction of her time spent in Silent Hill. No one would ever know it was true, but they didn’t have to because the four people that needed to know, did.

“Are you almost done there?” a gruff voice shouted. Miah looked up from her task , her mind shaking out of its thoughts. She smiled at the bearded man walking toward her with two beers. “Yes dad, I’m done. Mother’s roses will look good as new after a few days. Just don’t neglect them any longer, I almost couldn’t save them!” Mr. Sun scoffed and handed her one of the beers, “You’re a fairy. How could you not have saved them?” “I’m a witch, not a fairy dad.” “Yeah, yeah, same thing.”

After washing her hands and chugging her beer she stood and walked toward the front door where her coat laid. Putting her arms through its soft sleeves she gave her father another cheeky grin, “I’ll see you tomorrow dad. We’ll all be over so you better have a cake prepared.” Gaping, Mr. Sun said, “A cake? A cake! What kind of ungrateful child demands for their own cake?”

Misun laughed, “I’m not ungrateful dad, and I just know Jae will throw a fit if there isn’t any cake. Besides, it’s not like I’m asking for a birthday gift, just a cake.” “But a gift wouldn’t hurt, right?” he deadpanned. Misun grinned wider and placed a kiss on his forehead.

“You kids have fun, and don’t drink too much, and don’t let Jae drink at all!” he gave in. Giving him one last kiss, she nodded her agreement and walked out the door.

 

 

The set was full with paused staff, awing extras, and a beaming director. They were all struck dumb; watching intently, one man delivering the most important scene of his career. A scene that will surely win him many awards, and most likely make him the most iconic actor of the year.

Kim Junmyeon was currently stumbling around a makeshift bedroom. He was delivering a slurred speech while grabbing empty bottle after empty bottle and throwing them at the wall and floor. The glass shattered blindingly, the other person in the room, a young boy, flinching with each strike. He was not actually hit by any of the shards, but tears flowed down his pure face as if he were.

The boy listened clearly as the man playing his older brother ranted and raved until the man finally tripped and fell to his knees. The fall, being purposefully, made the observers inhale at its beauty; but the blood that flowed from the accidental cut that tore his pants and pierced his skin made them gasp in shock.

Still not breaking character, Junmyeon let his own tears fall as he desperately grabbed the boys’ arms. He looked up, a pleading look in his eye. Taking a ragged breath, he gave his final line of the scene, “I may never be good enough and I may never be deserving of you. But here I am, throwing my pride away. Forgive me and all my wrong doings as your brother. Give me this one last chance and stay by my side, and I promise I will be a better brother than you have ever known and greater father than our own could ever have hoped to be. You are the only thing I have left in this world Kai; don’t let them take you from me.”

The boy, misty eyed, and biting his lip; closed his eyes and tilted his head upward. It was then that the director shouted, “Cut”, and the studio erupted in applause.

“Great work boys! You both did great and Kim Junmyeon…,” the director slow clapped with a proud look. He knew with this scene his movie would be a hit, and could already see the money rolling in.

Bowing, the actors smiled and thanked everyone; going off in different directions to their personal dressing rooms. Junmyeon, opened his door, ignoring the plaque holding his name, and went straight for his coat. He didn’t bother removing his make up or changing out of his set costume

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter