Safe

Smashing The Hourglass
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Cfb9YfN1JM&list=PLjjr7Wz3d2agu_1C-ZwSvkzEx4Ax1Q8qq

“Stop crying already,” Jae growled, “He’s fine. We even popped his shoulder back in place. It’ll just be achy for a while, but he isn’t gonna die.”

“Not now! But what about later?” Yoona yelled, tears streaming down her face, “We’re all going to die in this place! Oh god why did I follow you crazy people here!”

Kris grumbled from his position against the wooden planks pile. The same one Miah had been sitting on just a few hours ago. “Why complain? You’re already here.”

“Please refrain from any lovers quarrels while I’m around. It’s disgusting,” Jae sneered. Her expression then turned soft when she looked at the quite male who stood a bit away from the others. He was staring into empty space, and she could easily guess it was where Miah had run off.

Jae walked over and stood next to him, also looking off into the grey. “We probably shouldn’t stay here much longer. I know its day time, but that never seems to last long in this place. We should find a safe place to go to during the night since we’ll probably be here a few days.”

Suho sighed, “I know… I just…what if she comes back?”

Pausing a moment, Jae put her hand on the male’s shoulder and give it a light pat. “She won’t. I may have been a bit out of it when Kris got hurt, but not so much as to not see her face before she ran away. It was one of regret. She didn’t mean to hurt him, but of course she did, and then that girl too…”

The girl she spoke of was the one Miah had strangled. They hadn’t even realized the female was dead until they were assured Kris wasn’t. When they had found out they were horrified; especially since they knew exactly who her murder was.

“Whatever happened while she was stuck in this place….it’s made her forget the difference between right and wrong,” Jae murmured, “Even if she felt bad about Kris…her not even batting an eye at the girl….I don’t know what to think anymore.”

“Do you regret coming back here then?” Suho whispered despite him not wanting the answer.

Jae closed her eyes; allowing the pressure of her upper lids bearing down on her lower ones to calm the aching in her chest. She didn’t want to answer any more than he wanted the answer.  

“I know what happened was…bad, but we haven’t even talked to her. Maybe…maybe it wasn’t her fault. Like you said, we don’t know what happened while she was here. We don’t know what she went through,” Suho continued.

“No we dont,” the female spoke with sigh, “But that doesn’t excuse her actions. I won’t say I regret coming here, but I will say what we found was not what I thought we would.”

“Still, we can deal with that later. Our first priority should be getting her back to us,” Kris interjects coming up to the pair; Yoona close at his side. The other two meet eyes with him, but say nothing. They don’t need to. They know that no matter what has happened, and what has yet to happen; Miah was still their friend and they won’t give up on her. They can’t.

----------------

“This is it,” Suho mumbles, hands tucked securely in his pockets. The four of them stood with varying expressions in front of a dilapidated store front. They had made their way from the lumber yard down to Brite Street, all the way to a very familiar building. Or at least, it was familiar to one of them.

Jae scrunches her nose at the glass windows and doors. “How do you know this place again?” To her it didn’t seem very safe; then again no place seemed safe in the grey.

Suho sighed, “Mia

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter