Alliances

Smashing The Hourglass
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

“Hurry and wake her up.”

“No, she needs to rest. She’ll wake up when she’s ready.”

“We don’t have time for that, we need to go!”

“How are we supposed to go anywhere Heather? I hurt my arm and Suho can’t even walk properly. The only one at a hundred percent is Kris!”

“Calm down Jae. Listen, Heather, she’s right. We can’t exactly go anywhere just yet. Wait a little longer okay?”

“We can’t. I already told you we don’t have time! The sirens have already started to blare, and my father is still missing!”

“Listen, guys, I get what Jae is trying to say, but I’m with Heather on this one.”

“Ahh, not you too Suho…”

“Just listen. Me and Jae are the weakest right now, not counting Miah, but we’re still able to move. Kris, you’re good right? Can you carry her on your back for a while? We’ll just have to be really careful while we out there. We’ll have to move slow, but we’ll take the less traveled area; where there will be less creatures to worry about.”

“That’s all very well and good but do you have any idea where we are going? What about you Heather? Any clue as to where your father is? No? I didn’t think so.”

“Maybe not, but it’s not like staying here is-“

 

A broke through the room silencing everyone. 

 

“I think she’s waking up, Suho!”

 

Suho rushes to her side on the torn arm chair. He pushes her itchy blanket out of the way a bit and put a palm to her cheek. “Miah? Eun mi?” he calls softly. She flinches slightly; another quiet moan leaving her lips.

Now putting his hands on her shoulders, the injured male shakes the sleeping girl lightly. “Miah come on, come back to me. We need you. We can’t stay here any longer.”

The girl moaned again, louder this time; her brows almost touched in annoyance. She didn’t know why she was being woken up and she didn’t know who was arguing before; she just knew that whoever it was had interrupted her very peaceful sleep.

“Miah?” this time it was a female calling her and her voice sounded oh so familiar. “Come on? Wake up now okay? Wake up and tell us you’re okay and back to normal. Wake up and tells us you’re ready to go. Come on Miah…just wake up.”

Her eyelids started to flutter, and her head started to hurt from the room's lighting, despite its dimness. She blinked a few times, adjusting to her surroundings, but as soon as she did the deafening scream of a siren became noticeable.

Groaning, Miah sat up, brushing the blanket off her body and pushing the two people at her side a way. She needed breathing room, and she need to remember where she was.

After a moment of observing her surroundings it all came back to her.  “Suho! Jae!” she exclaimed, then, “Kris! Are you okay? I’m so sorry, about everything! About hurting you, twice, and….that girl. I’m so terribly sorry.”

She tried to stand when she noticed the threatening of tears in her friend’s eyes, but her legs momentarily gave out causing Suho to have to catch her. “Are you okay?” he asked worried, but Miah only nodded and waved him off standing up again. “I’m fine, really.”

“Good,” Heather proclaims coldly, “can we go now?” “Heather!” Jae reprimands, but Miah places a hand on her shoulder, still facing the blonde. “Go…where?” she questions. “…I don’t know,” the other admits, “Anywhere. I need to find my father. Do you know where he is?”

Thinking about it for a minute, Miah shook her head. She really had no idea. She hadn’t heard much about the girl's father, but she could guess he was with the brotherhood.

“I’m not sure where he’s at,” she admits carefully, “but I think we have a clue that could lead us to him.” The others lean closer, all ears as to what she had to say.

Miah palms her dress, feeling the outside of her pockets for its contents only to come up empty. She looks up in surprise and worry, “It’s gone!”

“What is?” Kris questions confused. Heather slumps against the wall, “Our key out of this place.” She sounded  hopeless, and the others didn’t miss this.

“What do you mean ‘our key out of this place’?” Jae asks through narrowed eyes.

Miah sighs and sits back into the arm chair. “When I ran into Heather earlier, before…everything, she had this…artifact on her. To make a long story short, it’s a key that can get us out of this place. I stole it from her, but now I can’t find it.”

“Well !” Jae curses, running a hand through her tangled hair, “What do we do now?”

Shrugging, Suho offers, “You probably dropped it. Maybe we should go back to where the battle was at. It might be there.”

Thinking about it for a moment, Miah shakes her head. “No, I think there is a better chance that I dropped it at the place I originally stole it from her.” “The asylum,” Heather breathes, meeting Miah’s dark brown eyes.

--------------------------

“I don’t see it,” Heather pulled her hair in frustration. Miah could only give her agreement, “neither do I.”

The group had managed to make their way to the asylum, and up to the area the two females had started their fight, without much interference. Yet now that they were here the curious artifact was nowhere to be seen.

“Do you think it slipped through one of these grates?” Suho suggested. He was filling much better, as was Jae. Miah had tried her second and third hand at white magic on the two; this time there were not much after effects as there were with Kris. All she suffered was a slight tiredness that eventually wore off; but they all guessed that had something to do with the seriousness of Kris’ injuries compared to the other two’s. 

Miah shook her head, “I don’t think so. The spaces are too small for the piece.” “Where else could it be then?” Kris questioned, but the female could only shrug.

“How about we follow the path you guys took when you were leaving here?” Jae suggested. The two in question looked at each other, nodding uncomfortably at the thought of the last time they were here.

P

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter