Imagine

Imagine

       Sungjae loved his girlfriend. A lot, really. Everything he did, he thought of her. He couldn’t stay without her for long, so they spent all the time they could together. They would walk hand in hand everywhere. To Sungjae, that was heaven. His petite girl would always smile tenderly at him. She was a small angel with a big heart, and Sungjae was grateful that she existed, and that she was his. It felt like a dream.

      A dream that crashed when his eyes met those of that man. Until then, it had been just happy moments and his heart had given itself entirely to his girlfriend. Never had he wanted anyone else. They had met when they were kids, and spent all of their lives by eachother’s side. Love was always there, and it easily turned into a real relationship. An innocent feeling that surrounded two naïve beings that thought they were meant for eachother.

      But the moment he saw those breathtaking eyes, everything felt so wrong. There he was, waiting for his now fiancé to come back from the makeup store, when his gaze got trapped on that pair of eyes. He felt his chest getting heavy, and suddenly, he felt disgusted of himself. Sungjae had barely turned 19, but he knew exactly what he wanted. He wanted a wife like her. His little angel was everything he could wish for, and he wanted to have her by his side forever. They were engaged, and the proposal day was one of the most meaningful for him.

     However, there he was. Staring at a stranger. Not just a normal stranger. A male. Older than him, for sure, but shorter. And truth be told, this stranger was making his stomach do flips and his heart had skipped a beat when he looked back at him. They were now staring at eachother. Sungjae felt his cheeks getting hot, and so he adverted his gaze. Not that it worked as he planned, since his eyes got lost on the sight of the man’s lips. They seemed so… alluring. Sungjae’s mind was going wild with wrong thoughts. Not only his heart was asking him to go talk to the stranger, but it was ordering him to spend the night with him. And when he says ‘spend the night’, he means a lot of things. Things he was supposed to want with someone else. With his girlfriend. Not with a random guy. Yet, he couldn’t help the burning desire inside him.

    He had never touched any girl before. And his fiancé was still and pure. They were saving their bodies for after their marriage. They wanted to be together forever, being eachother’s everything. But now Sungjae’s mind was blaming him for wanting to break their promise. His girlfriend didn’t deserve the pain, and Sungjae could still control himself. He turned his back at the stranger and met his girlfriend halfway to the store. He held her by the waist firmly, and they exchanged smiles as they walked. And at each step they took, Sungjae couldn’t help but imagine how things would've turned out if he had let his desires take over him. Never had he wanted someone so badly. But it was wrong. And Sungjae was proud of himself for not letting his body do as it wanted.

    He was left wondering what would’ve happened. Pleasure from that man seemed to be his only will when he was there alone, waiting. But now that he was back to his sweetheart, he almost laughed at how pathetic he was being. It was probably the lack of sleeping. Or maybe it was the coffee? He wasn’t sure of the real reason, but it didn’t matter anyways. He was never going to see that man again.

   They walked for a while, going around the town. Shopping for stuff for their wedding. They would visit every shop that had interesting things. Most of the stuff they would leave behind without even buying them. But that doesn’t mean they didn’t have fun fooling around like kids on stores. They had had so much fun. Or at least she had. Sungjae was tired. He needed to rest. But he couldn’t. He had to study once he got home. Being a college student was hard, and sometimes he wished a day had 48 hours so he could do everything he needed to do.

   He dropped his girlfriend home, pecking her thin lips as goodbye, and then made his way to a café next to his house. He needed so badly to stay awake that he didn’t care if coffee was bad for his health. He got inside and ordered for his drink. He sat down waiting, and after 2 minutes, or an eternity in Sungjae’s mind, a very beautiful man brought the coffee to his table. He looked up at the man, and time seemed to stop. He had been so sure he would never meet the stranger again. But there he was. Standing right in front of him. Sungjae lost his ability of speaking normally as the guy smiled.

   “Hey, I saw you a few hours ago. I’m Minhyuk, by the way”

   Sungjae stared at his hand for a long 10 seconds like a retarded. Only then he realized he was supposed to shake it. He was sure turning dumb. And it seemed to amuse, but confuse, the other man. Fortunately, he had such a nice temper and didn’t judge Sungjae.

   “And your name would be…?”

   “Uh… Sungjae…”

   “That’s a beautiful name” Minhyuk smiled brightly and went back to his work. Sungjae kept staring, this time at his coffee. He couldn’t believe what was happening to him. He sure needed to sleep.