Ring 32

Ring


 

‘Get in.’ Kangin said once he heard the knock on his door.

 

‘Kangin sir, Detective Yong is here.’ His secretary announced. Kangin nodded and asked his secretary to let the detective in.

 

‘Good evening, Mr. Kangin.’ The detective named Yong greeted. Kangin nodded and motioned the other to sit.

 

‘I hope you have news for me.’ Kangin said and the other nodded. The detective took out one envelope from his bag and gave it to Kangin. Kangin opened the envelope, taking out its content.

 

‘All the information you need about Lee Ahreum is inside.’ The detective said.

 

‘You only got her name and her address?’ Kangin asked, reading the one page of paper. ‘I am expecting more than this with the money I spent on you.’ He said and threw the paper to the table.

 

The detective sighed. ‘There’s a lot behind this information, Mr. Kangin. But I do believe if you really wanted to know about it, it much better if you go to the address and seek for the answer yourself. I believe you will understand how she is related to your son and how much your son does love her. Maybe in that way, your hatred towards her will be gone.’ Detective Yong said and stood up. ‘I shall not continue this investigation anymore, in respect of her.’ He said, leaving Kangin puzzled with it.

 

****

 

Hyukjae closed his eyes, enjoying Kyuhyun’s massages on his legs. The routine has been two months already and Kyuhyun never got tired of repeating massaging him every night. He himself admitted that he was in good hand under Kyuhyun’s care, because the other never failed to take priority on him first before anything else, though he never said ‘thank you’ to Kyuhyun for his help, not even once.

 

Hyukjae faked a sleep when he felt Kyuhyun stopped massaging him. He waited; never opened his eyes for Kyuhyun’s next move, the one that make Hyukjae’s cold heart almost melt. Kyuhyun kissed him on the forehead, thinking that Hyukjae already asleep.

 

‘Sleep well, Hyukkie. Have a nice dream.’ Kyuhyun said after kissing the other forehead. He then switched off the light, letting Hyukjae to sleep. Kyuhyun went to Leeteuk’s room, making sure the other was sleeping soundly before he took his pillows and sleep on the floor in front of Hyukjae’s door. No matter how tired he is, he will make sure neither Leeteuk nor Hyukjae knew that he was sleeping on the floor. He will make sure that he will be the last one to sleep, and the first one to awake.

 

Hyukjae opened his eyes when he thought it was safe for him to do. He watched Kyuhyun sleeping; it has been his activity every night ever since him staying back with Kyuhyun. Hyukjae know Kyuhyun suffered from the uncomfortable sleep and half of his begging him to let Kyuhyun sleep inside, at least on a proper bed. But his devil side always wins. He always dozed off while watching Kyuhyun sleeping face. And as Kyuhyun’s wishes, he was indeed having a nice dream every night, a dream about him and Kyuhyun, without anyone else to ruin their happiness.

 

***

‘Good, Hyukjae. Just a little bit. A little bit.’ Hankyung said, encouraged the other to step forward with his legs. With wobbling legs, Hyukjae stepped forward, while Kyuhyun at his side also encouraged him to keep going.

 

Hyukjae yelled on his last step, face almost hit the floor if Kyuhyun wasn’t fast to catch him. ‘Well done, Hyuk. Well done.’ Kyuhyun whispered slowly, proud with Hyukjae who by now was able to finish his course today.

 

You’re doing great, Hyukjae.’ Hankyung said, clapping his hands. ‘It only took just one breathe more for you to be able to walk again.’

 

Hyukjae nodded furiously, was too excited with the fact that he will be able to walk again and ignored the fact that he was still in Kyuhyun’s hug. ‘Kyu, did you heard that?’ Hyukjae asked, excited. ‘I will be able to walk again.’

 

Kyuhyun nodded, smiling at the now excited Hyukjae. Hyukjae keep go on and blabbering what he will do after he could walk again, telling Hankyung how wonderful he is for being his trainer, completely missing the sad smiled Kyuhyun had at that time.     

 

‘Wonnie.’ Hyukjae chipped happily on his wheelchair, as soon as he spotted his best friend slash fiancé going out from the elevator, with Kyuhyun pushing him from behind. ‘Can you believe it? It will just take another course more for me to be able to walk again.’

 

Siwon flashed his dimple smiled and walked to them. ‘Really? Congratulations, Hyuk.’ He said, planting a kiss on Hyukjae’s cheek. He then turned to Kyuhyun. ‘Thank you. I will take him from here.’ He said and pushed away Kyuhyun’s hand from the wheelchair. ‘Hyuk, I will bring you to somewhere to celebrate this.’ Siwon said, and Hyukjae nodded, still blabbering about how excited he was, not realized that they have left Kyuhyun behind.

 

‘Hey, buddy.’ Hankyung said, slung his arm to Kyuhyun. ‘Although I still couldn’t recall where I’ve met you, but I don’t think it just right to let him go with him just like that.’

 

Kyuhyun turned to looked at the other on his side.

 

‘Kibum told me that you’re Hyukjae’s ex husband. He also did mention something like you probably has wronged Hyukjae before, but I and Kibum, we both agreed that you both could actually work on it back. And not letting that Siwon guy to get Hyukjae like this.’

 

‘You’re blabbering.’ Kyuhyun said, pushing away Hankyung’s arm from his body.

 

‘Come on, Kyuhyun. Can’t you see it? Hyukjae shows no progress under Siwon’s care, and now only two months being cared by you, he almost could walk back.’ Hankyung said.   

 

‘I don’t get what you are saying.’

 

‘What I am trying to say, buddy, that you should get Hyukjae’s back. You could do, you have the right now.’ Hankyung said.

 

‘I once have the right, but anger get me the best and I lost the opportunity forever.’ Kyuhyun said. ‘And they will get married soon, while I will be off from Hyukjae’s life, as soon as he could walk, forever. That’s the deal.’  Kyuhyun said, leaving Hankyung to only shake his head at Kyuhyun’s giving up.

 

***

The routine go on, Kyuhyun massaging Hyukjae’s legs every night, Kyuhyun accompany Hyukjae every times for his treatment.

 

‘Hyukjae, now I want you to walk, without using any support.’ Hankyung said, and Hyukjae gasped.

 

‘No, I can’t.’ Hyukjae said, shaking his head in fear. ‘I’m not ready yet.’

 

Hankyung shook his head, not agreed with Hyukjae’s reason. ‘Yes, you’re ready.’ He said and makes Hyukjae stand of his feet.

 

‘Hankyung, don’t.’ Hyukjae shouted when Hankyung kicked away Hyukjae’s supporter, making him stand on his own feet. Hyukjae closed his eyes, expecting him to fall down, but surprisingly, he didn’t.

 

Hankyung and Kyuhyun smiled widely. ‘See, you can stand on your own now, Hyukjae.’ Hankyung said. ‘Now, that one step in front.’ He encouraged.

 

Hyukjae hesitantly took one step forward, closing his eyes because he was afraid to fall down. Few seconds passed and Hyukjae felt nothing. He opened his eyes, only to found Kyuhyun in front of him, cupping his hand to his mouth, couldn’t believe his eyes when Hyukjae able to take one step forwards. Was courage to see the happiness on Kyuhyun’s face, Hyukjae bravely took another steps forward.

 

‘I can walk.’ Hyukjae chanted. ‘I can walk again, Kyuhyun. I can walk again.’ He said excitedly, unknowing to him that he was running to the said named, a progress that Hankyung himself couldn’t believe his eyes to happen. ‘I can walk again, Kyu.’ Hyukjae said and ran to Kyuhyun’s hug.

 

Kyuhyun quickly engulfed him in a hug, too happy with Hyukjae’s progress. ‘I can walk, Kyu. I can walk again.’ Hyukjae chanted excitedly, tearing in Kyuhyun’s hug. All his hatred towards the other was gone.

 

‘Yes, Hyukjae. You can walk again.’ Kyuhyun said, nodded and hugged the smaller tighter. His eyes fall down on Hankyung, who was giving a thumb up on both men. Kyuhyun could only smile sadly as a reply.

 

‘Hyuk?’ A voice calling Hyukjae from far, which makes Hyukjae, released the hug. Hankyung rolled his eyes when he saw the owner of the voice. Kyuhyun stunned at his stand when he felt there no more Hyukjae on his hug.   

 

‘Wonnie, look.’ Hyukjae said, excitedly to show Siwon that he now was able to walk. ‘I can walk again, Wonnie.’ He said and slowly walked to other.

 

Siwon ran to him to makes him stop. ‘Don’t tire yourself.’ Siwon reasoned out when Hyukjae looked at him in confusion. Siwon’s eyes watched Kyuhyun, who still hadn’t turned to look at him. Siwon suddenly kneeled in front of Hyukjae, taking out the ring from his pocket. ‘Hyukjae, will you marry me?’ He confessed suddenly, the corner of his eyes looking for Kyuhyun’s reaction secretly.

 

The other gasped in surprised, some whispered and some squealing with the romantic proposal. Hyukjae was in confusion, suddenly he remembered all the promises he had makes with Siwon.

 

‘I will marry you, Siwon. But for the time being, I need you to take care of Kyuhyun. I want him to be fine. And as soon as he could wake and accept everything that has happened between us, I promise I will marry you.’

 

‘How am I going to know that you will hold into that promise?’

 

‘Propose me at the day I could walk again, because that was the day I am letting Kyuhyun away.’

 

Hyukjae tears flow down like a river. His own promised had backfires him. He turned to search for Kyuhyun, wanting to know what his reaction is. If Kyuhyun stopped him, he swore he will disagree with the marriage, although he knew Siwon will hate him for that. But to his disappointment, Kyuhyun was no longer there.

 

‘Are you sure you don’t want me to accompany you?’ Leeteuk asked. Hyukjae looked at Leeteuk in pity. That man face was swollen, Hyukjae know Leeteuk had being crying again. It has been one week since Siwon proposed to him, and it has been week since Kyuhyun went missing.

 

Hyukjae shook his head. ‘We just want to get the flower for the wedding. After that Donghae planned to visit Heechul’s grave. So, we probably will be late.’ Hyukjae said and Leeteuk nodded. Donghae knocked on the door afterwards, and both he and Hyukjae disappeared from the house.

 

Leeteuk slumped tiredly on the couch, thinking of what had been happening around. At first, Hyukjae went missing and his own son living in misery. Now that Kyuhyun had found Hyukjae, he will married to Siwon soon. His son probably went missing because he couldn’t take the fact, as much as Leeteuk couldn’t, but he hides it from Hyukjae since the other need his support the most.

 

Donghae and Hyukjae didn’t shared words, just concentrated on the road. Hyukjae was actually desperate to asked Donghae if he knows where Kyuhyun’s whereabout, and Donghae was dying to know why Hyukjae want to get married to Siwon. But still all questions remained on their head, because no one is dared to ask.

 

‘We are going to Heechul’s first. Are you okay with it?’ Donghae asked, breaking the silence. Hyukjae just hummed.

 

As soon as the two reached Heechul’s grave, one person that was very familiar to Hyukjae shocking them.

 

‘Hankyung, what are you doing here?’ Hyukjae asked, while Donghae looked at the other in confusion, because he never know about this Hankyung guy.

 

Hankyung looked up from the grave to see who was calling for him. His sight fall onto Hyukjae and Donghae and something clicked on his mind. ‘Now I know where I have seen Kyuhyun.’ He said, gasping in surprise which makes the two of them looked at each other, didn’t understand anything.

 

‘Where are we going, honey?’ Leeteuk asked. Kangin suddenly went back home even though he was supposed to be at the office right now and asked him to follow him.

 

Kangin stayed silent and keep on driving. Leeteuk looked around, unfamiliar with the surrounding. Kangin stopped in front of one house and asked Leeteuk to go out. He took the other hand and held it tightly before pressing the bell.

 

A man in his fifty opened the door and smiled. ‘You must be Mr. Kangin and Mr. Leeteuk.’ The man said and Kangin nodded. ‘My name is Lee Sang In. Welcome to my house. Get in.’ the older invited. ‘Honey, they are here.’ He said, warning another fifty years old lady. Leeteuk didn’t understand anything and just followed, too weird that his husband was their hands together tightly. Leeteuk looked around and his sight fall down on a picture, Lee Ahreum’s picture.

 



A very long update since I cramped two chapter into one. 

Just a very few more to go... very few... 

Enjoy everyone and thanks for keeping with this cliche story..