Five

We Meet Again

 

Byunghun couldn't bear to face Chanhee at dinner later that evening. He wasn't sure if Chanhee was even there to eat dinner, but considering the fact that he moved in, it was Byunghun's best bet to assume that he was there. 

 

God, why am I so embarrassing?! 

 

Byunghun still couldn't believe he threw that tantrum, and he started crying like a big baby in front of Chanhee. He didn't even remember what he was crying about. And then he started giving Chanhee for smiling--Byunghun mentally faceplamed. He already embarrassed himself one too many times today, so there was no way he was going to force himself through a dinner. Luckily, only Sojin came upstairs and asked him why he wasn't eating. He simply responded with the fact that he wasn't hungry, and he already had something to eat earlier, when in reality, he was starving. It had been a whole three hours since he last ate. 

 

He waited until he heard the laughter and talks from downstairs dissolve before getting up off the bed and tip toeing out of his room. He checked both left and right, before descending down the stairs with more ease. The smell hit him before he even reached the last step. It smelled like…rotten milk. He felt his stomach growl, and not in the hungry way. Byunghun gagged and slapped his hand over his mouth, before running to the bathroom. He fell onto his knees and barfed up the snack he had earlier. His hands gripped his knees as he felt the burning sensation begin to die down. With trembling hands, he flushed the toilet and got up off his knees. He walked up to the sink and held onto the edges, his knees suddenly losing feeling. 

 

After a few deep breaths, he the cold water and splashed his face. He gargled some water to get rid of the disgusting aftertaste, and shut the water off, turning around and leaning his back hip against the sink. The water droplets slid down his face, some landing on his shirt and the floor beneath him. 

 

So much for getting something to eat.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Desperate to get rid of taste, Byunghun resorted to chewing gum. But after chewing one piece of mint gum, it still didn't satisfy him. So, he took six other pieces and shoved them in his mouth, trying to chew each piece. He was sitting on the marble island in the kitchen, wiggling his toes as he chewed. It took a while for him to notice that Jonghyun was there, watching him chew seven pieces of gum with a look of horror. 

 

"What are you doing?" Jonghyun asked, once Byunghun had made eye contact with him. With all the gum in his mouth, it made it hard for him to produce comprehensible words. "Hewing um." He stated. 

 

Jonghyun looked at him, blinking, before shrugging and accepting his answer. "Niel got in so much trouble with Sojin noona, while you were sleeping. She made him clean your room." Jonghyun snorted, sitting beside Byunghun. 

 

Now that he thought about it, his room was cleaner than he remembered seeing it before he fell asleep. "Say, hyung, you sure are taking this whole Chanhee situation well. You haven't hit him once, I call that progress." Jonghyun nodded matter-of-factly. Byunghun scowled at the other. But Jonghyun smirked and continued. "Maybe it's because you finally admitted to yourself that you still loved him. I mean, I wasn't sure when that was going to happen, or how long that would take, but I'm glad you're finally recognizing things for yourself, ne?" 

 

Byunghun angrily stood up. "Whenever I talk to you, I want to punch someone!" Spitting his gum into the garbage, he stormed back up the stairs. Luck wasn't on his side though, because as he was ascending the stairs, Chanhee was descending the stairs and Byunghun crashed right into him. He let out a yelp and nearly fell backwards, if it wasn't for Chanhee who held his shoulders. Byunghun couldn't do anything but stare; even a simple thank-you wouldn't muster themselves from his lips. Were Chanhee's eyes always so…brown? And…lovely? That was the first thought Byunghun had when he stared into Chanhee's eyes; lovely. Chanhee was saying something to him, but Byunghun couldn't properly process the words. He was slipping, almost melting, in Chanhee's gaze. 

 

He tried to get himself to snap back to reality, but he couldn't. Still half in a daze, Byunghun muttered something and brushed past Chanhee. 

 

Chanhee was a bit stunned. He wasn't quite sure what had happened, and looked to Jonghyun, as if he would have some kind of idea. 

 

"What just happened?" 

 

Byunghun was giving him an intense stare. Chanhee could almost hear Byunghun's mentality fighting with each other. It was kind of odd; he had never witnessed Byunghun like that. 

 

"I believe that is an improvisation on the scene where one person drops their belonging, and another stranger bends to pick it up for them at the same time the other person bends over. Their eyes meet, their hearts race and the next thing you know, they're riding in the back of a car with 'Just Married' attached to it." Jonghyun mockingly dreamily stated, with a snicker. 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

"Byunghun, wake up! You're going to be late to your doctor's appointment!" Sojin shouted, shaking the sleeping boy's shoulders, trying to awake him. It took a good half an hour to get to the clinic, and their appointment was in an hour. Byunghun was already lazy despite the pregnancy, but it seemed like the pregnancy made him more sluggish. 

 

Byunghun grumbled, covering his face with a pillow and trying to fall back asleep. After humiliating himself twice in front of Chanhee yesterday--crying in front of him and completely freezing like some idiot--Byunghun didn't want to see the light of day. He had forced himself to sleep for as long as he could, so he didn't have to face the other boy. He had briefly awoken several times during his long slumber; once at 3AM, once at 8AM, and once at 1PM. He had temporarily forgotten about the doctor's appointment. Byunghun dreaded it, because he didn't want the doctor to confirm the fact that Byunghun was pregnant, but at the same time, he kinda wanted to know. 

 

"It's 3:30 in the afternoon, you slept for 18 hours, now wake up!" 

 

Byunghun, with a sour look, slowly sat up from the bed. His hair was a mess, his eyes barely open, and his clothes wrinkly from being slept on. "I'm not going to the doctor's, I'm sleepy." 

 

"You're still sleepy after sleeping through almost the whole day?" 

 

"Sojin noona, don't provoke him. He's very sensitive these days." Jonghyun warned, as he walked by their room. Sojin sighed, huffing as she crossed her arms over her chest. "Be ready in fifteen minutes, Lee Byunghun." 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

"It's confirmed. I'm officially pregnant." Byunghun grumbled, scowling as he walked into the house. Jonghyun and Sojin were happily chatting each other about the baby, getting too excited and ahead of themselves. "God, we can buy cute clothes and we can transform one of the rooms into the baby's room with a cute white little crib and baby blue walls with stick ons and ugh!" Sojin clapped. 

 

Chanhee greeted them, and as did Niel, whom were once seated on the couch in the living room, watching some drama on TV. Chanhee doubted Niel knew a thing about the drama, Niel just wanted to watch it because it had IU in it. 

 

"Did anyone else get the feeling that the nurse was hitting on Byunghun hyung?" Jonghyun asked, slinging his sweater onto the back of a chair. Sojin gasped and nodded. "I know, right?" 

 

Chanhee glared, at no one in particular. Everyone seemed interested in Byunghun these days, and it was really a piss off. Byunghun was his, and Chanhee could do without everyone who was trying to interfere. "But the funniest thing was, you know when the nurse was like 'You can come to me anytime for questions here, there's my house address if it's an emergency and my cell phone number'? Byunghunnie gave her a total WTF look, got up off the patient's bed and stormed over to the next waiting room, slamming the door shut. It was hilarious, you should have seen her face!" Sojin exclaimed. 

 

"Yeah, yeah, it was hilarious. I'm going upstairs." Byunghun muttered, throwing his jacket onto the kitchen table.

 

Chanhee internally groaned. Byunghun didn't even look at him, once. Didn't even acknowledge his presence. 

 

"I think the doctor's visit has made him angry." Jonghyun stated, leaning against the island. 

 

"I doubt it's the doctor's visit. He's ing pregnant, that's enough to shake anyone up." Niel muttered. 

 

Chanhee decided to ignore this conversation, and check up on the boy upstairs. His heart pounded. Byunghun was a bit unpredictable these days; what if he didn't want to see Chanhee? What if he got angry at him? What if he blamed Chanhee for getting him pregnant. So many things could go wrong. But Chanhee gulped, and walked over to Byunghun's room. The door was open, and Byunghun was lying on the bed, without changing his clothes. 

 

"Are you okay?" 

 

Byunghun jumped a bit. "Oh. Hi. Yeah, I'm okay. I'm glad you're here, come." Byunghun patted the spot beside him. I'm glad you're here. Chanhee tried to contain his smile. That was good, right? Byunghun was glad that Chanhee came! But, Chanhee didn't want to push things, so he sat on the edge of the bed, facing the other boy. Byunghun had lifted the blankets (that he was under), and gestured for Chanhee to get in. Chanhee's eyes widened, as he stared at the empty spot. He was mentally arguing with himself. Should he get inside? Or should he not.

 

Byunghun offered him. So Chanhee should take it, right? 

 

"It's getting cold, hurry up." Byunghun said, his voice a tad bit irritated. Chanhee pressed his lips together and slid in next to the boy, but making sure to leave a fair amount of room between the two. He awkwardly adjusted the blanket. Byunghun sighed in content, and did the unthinkable. 

 

He snuggled up to Chanhee, his head fitting nicely in the crook of Chanhee's neck. Byunghun mumbled something against Chanhee's skin, but the other couldn't hear what he said. His heart was racing, and it was racing fast. Chanhee prayed to God that the other boy couldn't hear it. There were nights where he wished he could do this Byunghun; sleep in each other's arms. Chanhee was sure that he had messed up their whole relationship, and the chances of every doing anything with Byunghun again. 

 

Maybe this whole pregnancy thing was a blessing. 

 

Chanhee opened his mouth to say something to the other, but was immediately stopped at the sound of soft, even exhales. He's asleep already? Well. it. 

 

Chanhee carefully shifted to his side, encircling his arms around the other and lightly pressing a kiss against Byunghun's temple.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

"Chanhee hyung, you weren't in your room last night, where'd you go? My phone was acting up--" Jonghyun complained the next morning, rummaging through the cabinets. Byunghun, Jonghyun and Chanhee were all awake. Byunghun, because of his morning sickness. Chanhee, because he was attending to Byunghun. And Jonghyun, well, he always woke up early. 

 

"He was sleeping in my room." Byunghun simply stated, as Chanhee opened the fridge for a bottle of water. 

 

Jonghyun stopped rummaging, staring at Byunghun. Byunghun caught the stare and rolled his eyes. "We were just sleeping. Like we'd do anything else." 

 

Well, that hurt. 

 

Chanhee shut the fridge door a bit too hard. "Well, I'm glad you two are getting along. I was sure there were going to be some problems but it seems like it's just ponies and rainbows for you two, huh?" Jonghyun grinned, clapping. 

 

"I will throw this bottle at you." Chanhee said. "I'll throw my fist at you." Byunghun said, simultaneously. 

 

Jonghyun gave both boys a look. "Wow. You two are just as violent as I remember." 

 

Byunghun rolled his eyes, and patted the stool next to him. "Chanhee, sit. Jong, make yourself useful and get us some food." 

 

"You heard him, Jonghyun-ah. Get us some food." Chanhee snorted, taking a seat next to Byunghun and tapped his fingers on the island, as if saying 'We're waiting'. 

 

Jonghyun sighed, chewing his lower lip. "We have leftovers. Byunghun hyung ate all the bread so that's a no go. There's lasagna, chicken wings and rice. Or you two have to go out." Jonghyun shrugged. 

 

"I'm too tired to go out." Chanhee simply stated, frowning at the food options. None of them really matched his taste. Byunghun didn't say anything, so Jonghyun continued. "Hyung, you and I can go out, then." 

 

Byunghun seemed to be considering this, when Chanhee simply snorted. Jonghyun found his behaviour suspicious. Chanhee was eying him down like he was almost…jealous. Byunghun would never turn down an opportunity to go out to eat, especially because he would make the other pay. At least, that was the case for Jonghyun. 

 

Chanhee, on the other hand, had no clue if Byunghun would even agree to do that with him. Sure, they cuddled and slept together last night, but that didn't mean Byunghun forgave him. Byunghun might still hate him. He might not want to be alone with him. And Jonghyun was just waltzing around, as if spending time with Byunghun wasn't a privilege. 

 

"Don't care." Chanhee said, his voice hard. 

 

Jonghyun smirked. Time to stir up some trouble. 

 

"So, hyung, you would't care if I did this?" Jonghyun walked up to Byunghun, gently grabbing his collars and pressed his lips against the other's.