Three

We Meet Again

 

"Byunghun-ah? Can I come in?" Sojin called, hours later. She heard a muffled sound, and assumed that that was a yes. Carefully, she opened Byunghun's door. She found Byunghun laying down on the bed, holding a soccer ball to his chest as if he was throwing it before. He was looking at her, a bit confused. "What do you want, noona?" 

 

"I need to talk to you…about Chanhee. Is that okay?" 

 

Byunghun groaned, closing his eyes in frustration before mumbling a few inaudible words. 

 

Sojin didn't know if that meant it was okay to, or if it wasn't. So, she stood at the edge of his bed, and cleared . 

 

"I know you two have had a rough history. But, you're pregnant with his child and--" 

 

Byunghun interrupted, a bit irritated. "I might be." 

 

"…You probably are pregnant with his child, and this baby needs both of it's parents together. All of us can help you now, but when the baby is born, he or she will need you and Chanhee, together. So, put aside your differences and try to play nice, okay? For your baby." Sojin asked, a bit of desperation in her voice. 

 

Byunghun still couldn't properly register what was happening. He was ing pregnant. Males didn't get pregnant. They weren't supposed to get pregnant. Yet, he was. And the father was someone he despised. What the hell was he supposed to do about this? 

 

"I've invited him over today. The sooner he's told about this, the better. I know it may be hard to believe it now, but he can really help. He's a good kid, and I know he'll be happy to put forth his end of duties. And also, I know a doctor that you can go see about your pregnancy. He's an expert in these kind of things, and can help you. I've booked an appointment tomorrow afternoon, but I'll remind you about it." Sojin said, looking up as if she was mentally going through her checklist to make sure that she hadn't forgot anything. 

 

The doorbell rang at that moment, breaking her out of her thoughts. She smiled happily. "Chanhee's here~" She raced down the stairs. Byunghun rolled his eyes. 

 

He swallowed thickly, and looked down at his stomach. It didn't look like anything was…in there. His stomach was still flat, for all he could see. He pulled his shirt up slightly, but still couldn't see a bump. Pulling it back down, he rested his head back on the pillow again and sighed. There was still a chance that he wasn't pregnant. Maybe it was just the stomach flu or something. God, he couldn't rely on a doctor that received secondhand information. Sure, the symptoms were there, but that didn't necessarily mean that all of them resulted into being pregnant. 

 

Byunghun was immersed in thought, so he didn't realize that Chanhee had knocked on his open door, before cautiously entering. He felt the bed dip, and immediately returned his attention to his surroundings. He came face to face with Chanhee, who was smiling shyly. Byungun, on the other hand, wasn't so amused. 

 

"I heard…about what happened." Chanhee said, feeling his smile falter at the fact that Byunghun didn't smile or acknowledge him much. 

 

"I don't need you here. I'll do this on my own, so you can go back to where you came from." He simply stated, before resting an arm over his eyes. 

 

Chanhee frowned. "B-Byunghun, I came here to help." 

 

"Well, I don't need your goddamn help!" Byungun got up and swung his legs off the bed, standing up. All the blood started rushing to his head and he stumbled forward as he saw spots before his eyes. He leaned forward, as if his legs had suddenly decided not to work with him. But before he hit the floor, something had blocked his fall. 

 

It took him a while to get himself together, and found himself leaning on Chanhee's chest. Surprised, Byunghun jerked away from him, slapping Chanhee's hands away from his waist. "Don't touch me." He mumbled, quickly walking away.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

"He's being really cold towards me, noona. What am I supposed to do?" Chanhee slumped in his seat, crossing his arms over his chest. Sojin gave him a sympathetic smile, rubbing his shoulders. "It's going to take some time to warm him up, but he needs you, and so does the baby. Promise me you'll try." 

 

Chanhee bit his thumbnail, nodding slowly. Something had been bugging him since he came to terms with it a while ago, but he wasn't able to tell anyone about it that wouldn't tell Byunghun. Most of their friends were mutual. And, even if he had told someone, it wasn't as if they could really help him. Sojin was his best bet when it came to it. Before really thinking about it, the words tumbled out. "Noona, there's something I've meaning to tell you…about Byunghun."

 

Sojin tilted her head, blinking. "What is it, Chanhee-ah?" 

 

Chanhee hesitated a bit, lowering his voice. He knew Byunghun wouldn't be able to hear him regardless, since he was out, but he didn't want to risk Jonghyun hearing about this either. "I miss him. I think I might still love him." 

 

Sojin's mouth parted into a perfect 'o' shape, as she took some time to process this information. Her eyes suddenly lit up, as she held Chanhee's shoulders and looked right into his eyes. "Are you being serious? Chanhee-ah, this is great news! Everything is working out perfectly!" She hugged Chanhee tightly. "Have you told him? He'll be so happy to hear that from you! He hasn't been himself sine you left, maybe you could cheer him up a bit?" She asked. 

 

Chanhee was still a bit surprised at how big a place Byunghun had in Sojin's heart. She was so driven to make him better, to get him like he was before. Byunghun was lucky to have someone like Sojin so close to him…people like her were hard to come by. 

 

"No…I haven't told him. I think it's better that way, for now. He hates me, me telling him anything will just make him more angry…" Chanhee trailed off, chewing on his lower lip. 

 

Ironically, when Sojin was about to respond, the sound of the front door opening could be heard. There was laughter, that sounded suspiciously familiar. Chanhee turned around, and could literally feel his heart sink. There was Byunghun, laughing and smiling, with some other boy. Chanhee hadn't seen him around before, but the boy looked young, maybe the same age as Byunghun? 

 

Chanhee felt disheartened. It was supposed to be him that was going to bring back Byunghun's smile…not that other guy. Who was he, anyways. Byunghun wouldn't even act that way towards Jonghyun, and Jonghyun was his best friend. "Who's that?" Chanhee turned back around and whispered to Sojin. Sojin just finished waving cutely to both boys. "Yijeong. Jang Yijeong. He's Byunghun's friend. Doesn't he just look adorable?" Sojin whispered happily. 

 

"Yijeong-ah! Yah, you pabo, you have to at least visit your noona once in a while, I missed you!" She wailed. 

 

Chanhee glanced at Yijeong, to see his response. Byunghun was standing behind the other boy, a goofy grin on his face as he pushed Yijeong towards Sojin. Yijeong bowed almost 180 degrees and came back up with an apologetic smile. "Sorry, pretty noona, school has been murdering all the time I have! And so has Byunghun. Jeez, he's such a whiner." Yijeong rolled his eyes. Byunghun scoffed, placing the other boy in a headlock. "You're the whiner!" 

 

Chanhee wasn't amused by this, not at all. How could he ever win Byunghun's heart back with that…thing around. That boy was too cheery, too perky and was smiling all the time. All that perkiness was annoying. And Sojin looked as if she had completely forgotten what Chanhee had confessed to her about less than ten minutes ago, and was all about Byunghun and Yijeong. "Doesn't he just look adorable?" Tch. 

 

"Oh, Yijeong-ah! Come here." Sojin waved him over. Yijeong nearly skipped over to her, and realized that there was another boy beside her that he didn't recognize. "I've never seen you around here before. I'm Yijeong, it's nice to meet you, man." Yijeong patted Chanhee's back. "Chanhee." Chanhee replied, trying to hide his growing hate for this boy. 

 

"Aigoo, my Yijeong is such a cool namja!" She pinched his cheeks, laughing. Yijeong smiled cheekily, doing a disgusting amount of aegyo for Chanhee's taste. "Alright, you baby. Let's go upstairs." Byunghun grabbed the back collar of Yijeong's shirt and dragged him. 

 

Yijeong waved at Sojin. "It was nice to meet you, Chanhee! Let's hang out later, okay?" He called, as Byunghun dragged the boy up the stairs. 

 

Sojin sighed happily. "Yijeong was the first one to bring a smile to Byunghun's face in a while. Byunghun needs someone like him. Hey, you should go upstairs, too! The three of you can get to know each other, it'll be fun!" Sojin suggested, rubbing Chanhee's arm. Chanhee scoffed, sulking. "He's taking Byunghun away from me, so I don't like him."