Two

We Meet Again

Jonghyun stared at Byunghun, his mouth slightly parted. "H-hyung…slow down, you're gonna choke…" 

 

Byunghun shrugged, continuing to stuff his face with white bread. Plain white bread. Jonghyun wondered how he could even swallow that. "You're on your seventh piece, hyung. That's enough." Jonghyun snatched the bag away from the eating boy and tied it up. Byunghun stopped chewing and glared at the boy in front of him. He angrily chewed his food and swallowed, before spitting out, "I don't care if it was my seventh piece, my seventeenth piece or my seventieth piece. I'm hungry so give me that ing bag back before I beat the out of you. Do you understand me?" 

 

At first, Byunghun's words had bothered Jonghyun. He was a lot crueler now. But now, Jonghyun was so used to this that he had forgotten what it was like before this crazy mood-swing phase had started. 

 

"I'm not giving it back to you. You had seven pieces, you should be full. I swear hyung, you're gonna get indigested by eating all this. Stop." Jonghyun warned, getting up off the stool and putting the bag back into the cabinet. Byunghun growled but didn't fight back, himself getting up and getting a glass of water. He downed it in one gulp, and poured himself another before gulping that down too. 

 

"Ehdulya!" 

 

Byunghun and Jonghyun froze, turning their head to the source of the noise. Sojin came walking into the kitchen, a bright smile on her lips as she waved happily at them. "Noona." Jonghyun greeted, giving a two-finger salute. Byunghun just blinked at her. She turned to face him. "Byunghun-ah! How are you doing?" She asked, worry lines creasing her forehead. "I'm fine, noona. Just tired." Byunghun plainly answered, sitting back down on the stool. She stood behind him, an arm lazily wrapped around his neck. 

 

Sojin was a good friend to Byunghun and Jonghyun. She knew Byunghun first, and came to know Jonghyun afterwards. Sojin was a very mother like figure to the boys, being almost a decade older than them. But, she was always perky and cheery, often showing lots of aegyo, so the boys never really took the age difference into account. Sojin had been extremely good to Byunghun; she took him care of him when he was going through the post-traumatic shock of his parents' death. She even lent Byunghun and Jonghyun this guest house she had on her property, so Byunghun had somewhere to stay that wouldn't remind him of his the unfortunate accident. 

 

Sojin and Chanhee used to be good friends as well. But since Chanhee was never really around anymore, Byunghun wasn't sure if that was still the case. Not that he cared. The farther Chanhee was, the better it was for him, anyways. 

 

"Niel and Changhyun said they were going to drop by later. Niel caused trouble again." Sojin rolled her eyes, the smile never leaving her lips as she gave Byunghun a tight squeeze. She was extremely fond of Byunghun, he was like the younger brother she never had. She cared so much for him, and gave him whatever made him happy. Byunghun was such a good kid, it just took a while to penetrate the cold exterior to reach the soft boy that was inside. She noticed that with everything going on, Byunghun seemed to put up the walls higher and higher. He had made them stronger, and harder to break through. But she wasn't giving up on him. Byunghun needed his friends now more than ever, and as his noona, she felt responsible for making sure he was okay. Although, with her job, it was hard to watch him so closely as she used to, so she relied a lot on Jonghyun to take care of the boy. 

 

"Noona, hyung threw up again today. It's the ninth time in a row." Jonghyun informed, cleaning off the crumbs that Byunghun had created with his bread binge. 

 

"Mwoh? Doh? Byunghun-ah, are you okay?" Sojin asked, her pitch suddenly raising. Byunghun shot another glare at Jonghyun. Just had to spread the news to everyone don't you, you prick…

 

"Noona, don't worry. I'm okay, I promise." Byunghun assured, fiddling with his fingers. 

 

Sojin pursed her lips as she cleared . She had been doing some research, and had come up with a proposition. But, it was really far-fetched, so she wasn't sure how the boys would handle it. Nonetheless, it wouldn't hurt to elaborate, right? She was doing this all for her concern for Byunghun. Throwing up everyday wasn't normal. Having severe mood swings wasn't normal, either. And the sudden increase in food intake was suspicious as well. It could only lead to one thing. Sojin just hoped that she wouldn't be ridiculed for this. 

 

"Byunghun-ah, Jonghyun-ah. Noona has something she'd like to say." Sojin walked over so she was standing in front of the two boys. She looked at Jonghyun, then at Byunghun, before continuing. "About Byunghun. I know you haven't been feeling well these days, and I checked the symptoms with a doctor that works in my office. I kept the gender in secret, for the sake of things. But he said that there's a good chance that you might be…" Sojin trailed off, pressing her lips together as she looked at Byunghun. 

 

Byunghun raised his eyebrows, urging her to continue. When he didn't Jonghyun used words. "He might be what, noona?" 

 

"You know…pregnant. He might be pregnant. Male pregnancies are extremely rare, as you should know, but it isn't impossible. Some males have that gene in them, that can cause them to produce a child. Did you have with anyone recently, Byunghun-ah?" 

 

Byunghun scoffed. Pregnant? She was actually suggesting that he was pregnant? Hah. That was ridiculous! Men didn't get pregnant, what kind of wacko doctor did she talk to, anyways? He wondered whether or not he should answer her question. It was kind of personal, wasn't it? 

 

She noticed his silence right away. "Byunghun-ah, I have to know. You might actually be pregnant, and if you are, we need to know who the father is and make adjustments according to that. Please." 

 

He sighed, his lips as he crossed his arms over his chest. "With Chanhee…" 

 

Sojin nodded slowly. "Did you two use, you know, a ?" 

 

Jonghyun reddened at the sudden talk of and condoms. Picturing Byunghun having made him cringe. It was kind of weird. 

 

Byunghun hesitantly shook his head. 

 

She whined. "Byunghun! Why not?! If you just had, then this wouldn't be happening!" 

 

Byunghun scoffed again. "Because guys don't get pregnant, noona! That isn't natural! If I had known that I had this ing gene, as you call it, then I would have used it, don't you think?!" 

 

"Sojin noon, you really shouldn't be yelling at Byunghun hyung, because I'm 90% sure that he bottomed." Jonghyun threw in. Byunghun felt his face go red as he got up, with such force that he knocked his chair back and began chasing Jonghyun around the island table. "Come back here, you punk!" 

 

Jonghyun shrieked, running. "Ehdulya, stop!" Sojin shouted, sticking her arm out and stopping Byunghun in his tracks. 

 

"This is no time for jokes. Jonghyun-ah, don't anger Byunghun." Sojin scolded. "I'm serious, guys."

 

"Byunghun, you're pregnant. With Chanhee's baby." 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Byunghun refused to believe it. It couldn't and wasn't true. That was ridiculous nonsense. It wasn't true. 

 

Unfortunately for him, Jonghyun seemed much more accepting of this. "That explains a lot. The morning sickness, the eating, the insane mood swings. It all makes sense now." 

 

Sojin immediately lost her serious side and jumped up and down happily, clapping her hands with a wide smile. "My little baby is having a baby! Oh my goodness, this is great news! Imagine a little Byunghun running around, oh God, that's so adorable!" 

 

It seemed as if he was the only one sour about this whole thing. The pregnant thing wasn't what upset him. He wasn't even that shocked. He was glad that his sympotms led to something that was temporary (or at least, for nine months) rather than a serious disease. What upset him was the fact that he was carrying Chanhee's baby. His hands clenched into fists, as he felt the anger surge through him. He wanted nothing to do with that jackass, and what happens? He gets pregnant with that 's child. This wasn't what was supposed to happen. It was never supposed to be like this. Byunghun couldn't even handle himself well, let alone another child. 

 

He never knew, maybe he wasn't pregnant. He wasn't going to be so quick to believe it. 

 

"You should name it Jonghyun Junior, if it's a boy." 

 

"Minjung if it's a girl!" 

 

"Noona. Minjung? You're just saying that because you are obsessed with Lee Byunghyun--" 

 

"Not true! Minjung is a pretty name!" 

 

"Can you two shut up already?!" Byunghun shouted. 

 

Jonghyun and Sojin cowered back. That only lasted so long before they were at it again. 

 

"We have to call Chanhee, we have to tell him the good news! I saw him yesterday, and I just know that he's going to be thrilled!" Sojin gushed, clasping her hands together with a dreamy look in her eyes.

 

Byunghun swore that everyone he knew was officially crazy. He got up. "Do whatever you want, just keep me out of it. I'll be in my room." He walked to the stair case and ascended it, unconsciously holding a hand to his stomach. 

 

"Keep you out of it? Hyung, you're the one carrying the baby, how can we keep you out of it?" Jonghyun called out, with no response from the other but a slammed door. 

 

Silence lapsed around the two in the kitchen before Sojin started giggling. "Did you see him with his hand on his belly? He's going to be such a good dad!" 

 

A/N: Ehdulya : Kids. Something adults use to refer to friends younger than them. 

        Doh : Again