Four

We Meet Again

A/N: Double updates for this story, then I'll work on another chapter of Black Paradise and should have it up this weekend hopefully...and maybe another update for this story, too. 

 

"How are you feeling, hyung?" Jonghyun asked. Byunghun groaned in response, his arms folded on the table and his head resting on them. He was surprised at how well Jonghyun was handling this whole pregnancy thing. Shouldn't any normal person be a bit freaked out that their male friend was pregnant? 

 

"And the talk with Chanhee hyung? How'd that go?" 

 

Byunghun raised his head with a glare. "Don't even talk about that." 

 

Jonghyun briefly raised his eyebrows, bracing himself for Byunghun's reaction to what he was going to tell him next. There was no possible way this was going to end well.

 

"Sojin noona is having Chanhee hyung move in here. Says it'll be good for the baby." He calmly stated, turning on the sink and grabbing the sponge, applying soap onto it and preparing to wash the dishes. At least the water would drain out some of the noise of protest that was sure to come out of Byunghun's mouth. 

 

"Say what?" 

 

Jonghyun rolled his eyes, picking up the first dish and running the soapy sponge over it. "He's the father, so he's going to live here and help you out. That should be fun, it's gets kinda lonely with just us around here, doesn't it?" 

 

Byunghun's head fell again into his arms. "Who does he think he is…he can't just waltz back into my life like nothing happened. Him and his stupid hair and his stupid smile and his stupid voice. Everything about him is just stupid." 

 

Jonghyun nearly dropped the plate he was soaping, into the bubbly water. He slowly turned off the running water, and turned to his hyung, dropping the sponge. "Hyung…what did you just say?" 

 

Byunghun made some sort of noise. 

 

"It sounds like you still like him." 

 

Byunghun scoffed, bringing his head up again and meeting Jonghyun's eyes. "Just go back to washing the dishes, Jong." 

 

An evil grin spread itself across Jonghyun's face. "You don't hate him. You still like him. You still like Chanhee hyung!" 

 

"Will you shut your mouth? He's right upstairs!" Byunghun hissed. "And I don't like him. Stop making assumptions. Kids these days." Byunghun muttered, getting up off the chair and leisurely walking up the stairs to his room. 

 

Byunghun wasn't thrilled about Chanhee being here. It was awkward, and Byunghun spent so much time being angry at him to really know how else to feel about him. But he was doing some thinking about the situation, and he realized that maybe he was at fault too. Besides, all Chanhee did was try to help…and it was Byunghun that pushed him away. Chanhee was his boyfriend, and it wasn't right of him to neglect him like that, no matter what the circumstance. In retrospect, talking about it with Chanhee might have made things better. Talking about it always helped. So why hadn't he done that before? 

 

But he wasn't going to be the scapegoat here. He wasn't the only one at fault. Chanhee had given up on him, and maybe they were for viable reasons, but still. Chanhee promised. He promised he wouldn't. Byunghun would have expected that sort of thing to come from someone else. Anyone else. But not Chanhee. He thought Chanhee was different, and that they could go through anything and still be strong. Guess he was wrong about that, too. 

 

Sitting in his room, he felt the tears prick his eyes. He brought his legs up to his chest, and rested his cheek on his knee. For a split second, he wondered if he should go to Chanhee's room. But he quickly decided against it. Lee Byunghun, you're losing it...

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

"Stop! Just stop!" Byunghun screamed, grabbing his pillows on the bed and chucking them at Niel. Getting up, he ripped open his dresser and started throwing shirt, pants, hats, sweaters…anything he could get his hands on. "Hyung! I'm sorry, I didn't mean it, stop throwing things!" Niel cried, putting his arms in front of his face to block the bombard of items being thrown his way. 

 

Niel didn't know what he did wrong. One minute he was just having a normal conversation and teasing, and the next, Byunghun was crying and throwing things at him. He hadn't said anything bad! …That he could remember, anyways. 

 

Chanhee was in his room, unpacking his clothes he had retrieved from his apartment, and paused after he heard the scream. He soon after heard Niel's voice and placed the piece of clothing in his hand inside the dresser before walking down the hall to Byunghun's room. His eyes widened at the sight. It was an utter mess. Byunghun held a pillow in his hand, and was hitting Niel with it. Within a few hits, the pillow had exploded and sent feathers bursting everywhere. "What the happened?" Chanhee asked Niel, who was getting beat up with a second pillow. Niel cringed his body away from Byunghun and whined. "Help first, explanations later!" 

 

Chanhee calmly walked over to Byunghun, and placed his hands on the boy's shoulders. "Byunghun-ah…what are you doing?" 

 

Byunghun scathed, halting his pillow-hitting and looked up at the other male, tears streaming down his face. "I'm hitting Niel, what does it look like I'm doing?" 

 

Chanhee cautiously removed the pillow from Byunghun's hands, and once it was, Byunghun fell to the floor on his knees and started sobbing. Chanhee turned and faced Niel, staring down the other. "Look at what you did, you made him cry!" Chanhee shooed Niel away before turning back around, looking at the boy in front of him. He wasn't sure if comforting him would only lead to further rejection. Byunghun made it clear that he didn't need Chanhee, and Chanhee didn't want to push whatever level they were on…but Chanhee needed him. And he wasn't going to let Mr. ing Sunshine win Byunghun over more than he already had. 

 

He awkwardly walked up to Byunghun and sat in front of him. "What happened?" 

 

Byunghun sniffed in the most adorable way. "He was b-bullying me…" 

 

Chanhee had a double take. Did Byunghun really have to be cute right now? Chanhee knew it was inappropriate to think of that in this situation. Byunghun was crying, and the only thing that Chanhee could think of was how cute he was being. "Here." Chanhee leaned over and lightly wiped the other boy's tears with his sleeve. Byunghun stayed still and didn't pull away, which Chanhee took as a good sign. "He bullied you?" Chanhee stifled the smile, and the laugh that threatened to errupt. Byunghun must have sensed this, for he shoved Chanhee away and scrambled upwards, bursting into another fit of tears. "You're just like him! You're laughing at me! Well, I'm glad you find this amusing, Lee Chanhee." 

 

Byunghun shuffled onto his bed and hid underneath the covers. Quiet sobs could still be heard. Chanhee rushed over to him, with a mountain of apologies. He never remembered Byunghun being so sensitive, and so…open about his feelings. If this happened five or so months ago, Byunghun would have coldly ignored Chanhee until he felt like forgiving him, and if Chanhee asked what he did wrong, Byunghun would always respond: "You should know. if you don't, well, you're just as inconsiderate as I thought." 

 

Chanhee never saw Byunghun like this, in their months of dating, so he had no idea how to console the other. Add to the fact that Byunghun was pregnant, and his hormones and mood swings were acting up.  "Byunghun-ah, I wasn't laughing at you, I swear. I was just laughing because--" you're so cute. The words got caught in his throat. Byunghun turned his face to look at Chanhee, his tears smudged on his cheeks and his eyes slightly red and puffy. Chanhee didn't ignore the glowered look Byunghun gave him. "Because what?" Byunghun's voice was adorable. His face, his voice, everything was just adorable, and Chanhee found himself unable to answer properly.

 

"I--What I wanted to say was--" 

 

"Exaclty, you're laughing at me! Go away!" 

 

"Byunghun-ah, I wa--" 

 

Byunghun wildly threw his arm in the direction of Chanhee's voice. Chanhee had just barely dodged it. Byunghun put his arm back underneath the covers, and mumbled. "Go away so I can sleep…" 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Sojin walked upstairs to check up on the boys. She had the weekend off--the first weekend off of the year--and wanted to spend as much time with Byunghun, Jonghyun, and whoever else decided to drop by, as much as possible.  She felt as if she wasn't there enough for the boys, and she wanted to quickly change that. She did feel responsible for them anyways, and needed to make sure that they were doing okay, so she would feel more at ease at work.

 

She certainly hadn't expected seeing what she saw, in Byunghun's room. Gasping, dropped open as she slowly walked towards Byunghun's room, in horror. Clothing was everywhere, and so were feathers. Two exploded pillow cases were draped over a lamp and on the ceiling fain. Feathers coated the floor, and more clothes coated those feathers. Sojin would have protested if Byunghun wasn't sleeping on the bed, underneath the covers. She almost hadn't noticed, since his figure was covered by sweaters and jeans of all sorts. 

 

There was only one explanation for this. "Niel!" She hissed under her breath, before storming away. 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

"Ahn Daniel! What did you do?!" Sojin screeched. She searched the entire house for Niel, unsure if he was still here, but finally found him in Chanhee's room, in the middle of a conversation with the said boy. Niel's eyes widened, as she shook both his hands in front of him, as if to say that he did nothing. "Byunghun's room is a mess, and the only troublemaker here that is capable of that is you. So, you're going to clean up his room while he's sleeping." Sojin scolded, crossing her arms over her chest. Niel looked to Chanhee, begging for some back up, but Chanhee only shrugged. "You shouldn't have provoked him, you know how temper mental he is." 

 

Niel looked back at Sojin. "But noona…that's too much for me to handle!" 

 

Sojin gave him a smug look, before flipping her black hair over her shoulder. "You should have thought of that before you angered my baby. Now shoo, before he awakes. I'm coming by later, and the room better be spotless."