Chapter 1

Returning the Dork's Favor


"Good morning! Today's announcement is that our star student Lee JaeHwan has rank first place out of all the students on our last test! And, the most entertaining part is that our school's queen finally found something she's bad at-" The school principal's voice spread through the school, he pauses to read out his announcement's script.

 

I lean against my locker, horrified by the announcement.

 

"HyeJin what's wrong?" The girls that I surrounded myself with earlier start to be concern.

 

"I-if," I stuttered "He was talking about the test, then he's going to-" I was cut of by the announcement.

 

"Choi HyeJin had failed her test with a 0%" my face went pale as the news went out of the principal mouth and go straight into the students' ears.

 

"No!" I shouted loudly and push the girls out of my way as I run to the principal office. As I was running I have pushed many people out of my way and heard them murmurs about me being the same as every other students who have bad test scores, I don't want to be like everyone else.

 

I push the principal's door open and start to complain. "Father! What was that for?!" I start to yell at my own father, he's the school's principal, an annoying one at that.

 

"It was a punishment," he said with his kind voice yet what he did was not close to being kind.

 

"Can't you do a normal punishment like every other parent?" I sit down on the chair in front of his desk.

 

"Just like you, I don't like to be like everyone else," he smirk, I got every genes straight from this guy! 

 

"I'm telling mom!" The colors on his face start to drain away, another thing we both are alike, we both love my mom with our whole heart and we are both scared of her.

 

"Don't!" He demanded.

 

"Too late, you already made the announcement," I smirk at him being so powerless against his own daughter.

 

"Oh wait," he pauses and start to grin at me, "You have couple more hours of school left and me, who can call your mom right now can tell her about your lovely test score," he starts to chuckle at my possible pale face.

 

"What kind of a father are you?!" I stood up and slam my hands down on his desk.

 

"The one who loves his daughter dearly," he smiles sweetly at me and I roll my eyes.

 

"My ," I mumble and look away.

 

"What was that?" He asks and pick up his cell phone, ready to dial my mom's numbers.

 

"Nothing," I murmurs and turn to leave the room.

 

"Learn from this and study for your next test or else I'm throwing out your whole closet!" He warns me as I walk out.

 

"I hate him," I step out of my father's office and step on something which made a loud crack sound, follow by a cry.

 

"No!" The male student in front of me cries out and his face is priceless. He looks down at my feet which just stepped on his glasses, I blink at him.

 

"I'm sorry" I say rather than being concern about his glasses, I don't really care and want to walk away, but my inner kindness hold me back.

 

"Now I have to go through the whole day without my glasses, I can't see!" He exclaims and I stand in front of him, feeling somewhat guilty. I mean if he didn't drop it, then I wouldn't have stepped on it.

 

I finally recognize his face, "Lee JaeHwan," I scoff.

 

He finally looks up at me, he looks shock "Choi HyeJin,"

 

"What?" I'm usually not rude, but today is not my bad and I hate everyone at the moment.

 

"You stepped on my glasses," the dork said.

 

"I said sorry already so," I shrug and walk away, but then I remember the announcement about him placing the first place. "On the second thought, JaeHwan-ssi I'll replace your glasses," I smile as kind as I can to him.

 

"Really?" He asks uncertain, I nod.

 

"Just meet me after school, at-” I pause, thinking of a good place to meet, "How about that coffee shop near the school? You know across from that park?"

 

"You would be there?" He asks again.

 

"Why wouldn't I be? I like coffee and do you think I'm a mean person or something," I raise my voice.

 

"Well you looked like you didn't care about stepping on my glasses," he mumbles, but I heard him.

 

"I didn't care, true. But I do care now so I'll replace it!" I said and walk away from him.

 

I walk in the class as if the morning announcement didn't happen. The people in the class causally smile at me like every other day. Not only that I am known by being the principal daughter, but I'm known as the perfectionist, fashionista, nice and unique. The only reason why I'm so confident in everything I do is because I feel good and I look good. But of course because of my test score, my confident slightly decreased and I need to change that, I need Lee JaeHwan to help me!

 

 

The little girl kneels in of the little boy who drops his thin black frame glasses, he was crying. "JaeHwanie, just pick it up," the little girl said as she took another of her lollipop.

 

The boy looks up with tears streaming down his cheeks, "HyeJin..." He looks at her, then his eyes trail to the lollipop in her small hand; he put his small index finger on his lips, wanting the lollipop.

 

"You want it?" The five-year old girl offered and the boy nod. "Here! And, pick up your glasses and stop crying as well. Your parents will think I bully you again," HyeJin hand over the lollipop that the boy quickly grabs. She then got up to start walking to the coffee shop across the park to their parents.

 

"HyeJin, you're so nice," JaeHwan wipe his tears and follow the girl.

 

The girl turns around and flashes him a sweet smile "I'm Choi HyeJin after all, JaeHwanie,"

 

I snicker at the memory that plays in my head as I gaze across from the coffee shop and see little kids play among themselves at the park. "Were you thinking of when we were five?" A sweet voice said, I look up and see JaeHwan.

 

 

"Yeah. You still cry over dropping your glasses, get contacts or something," I said and point at the sit across from me for him to sit down. "Lee JaeHwan-ssi," I started.

 

"Did we really become a stranger to each other?" JaeHwan ask and I nod.

 

"Well of course, I don't like hanging out with crybabies for the rest of my life," I take a sip of my double chocolate chip frappuccino. He crosses his arms over his chest, "As I was saying, I contacted my eye doctor and ask information about the contact lens, I also made an appointment for you. So yeah you're getting contacts, I'll pay for it," I said while looking at his face, I notice that he looks uncomfortable and that his face changed a lot from a little five year old.

 

"Why are you doing all that?" The boy is smart; he knows I'm end up to something.

 

"You just have to tutor me or something as long as I score a hundred," he scoff.

 

"Choi HyeJin is asking for my help?" He said mockingly.

 

"Do you want to be blind forever?!" I scold him, he put up his hands to calm me down.

 

"Relax HyeJin-ssi. I'll tutor you or whatever," he pauses and think for a second, "Change me," he simply said.

 

"What?" I'm confused at his words.

 

"Make me perfect. I'll give you my brain and you have to give me your perfection and style," he said firmly, he's serious.

 

I grin "Lee JaeHwan wants to be like me, Choi HyeJin? This will be interesting. Fine I will do it," I offer him my hand to seal our deals and he sealed it with his hand.

 


 

●XSUPPORT ●X

(Click support)

How was the first chapter? Do you like it so far? Comment below please ^^