Chapter 13

Soulmate

‘Nothing, are you hungry?’ Sehun said after a sigh.

‘I guess so?’ Reinie answered. *Why did he heaved a sigh?* she was really curious what happen back then.

‘What do you want to eat?’ Sehun looked around as they walked out of the cinema.

Reinie snapped out of her thought and looked around. The mall is filled with some many different foods that craved for her attention. *What should I eat? There’s so many things that she craved for. Noodles, Curry, spicy food, fast-food and samgyupsal all sound like a good choice for her.* ‘No idea’ she shrugged.

‘Then I’ll make the decision?’ Sehun asked.

‘Up to you’ Reinie was relief, cracking her head thinking of what to eat is definitely one of the things in her hate list as well.

Sehun walked them towards a Japanese restaurant on the second level of the mall. They settled by the corner and browsed through the menu. Sehun had already decided his food in one glance while Reinie had trouble deciding. Afterall, food was one of her favourites.

‘Can I have your order now?’ a waitress came shortly after they sat down.

Sehun nodded then gave the waitress his order while Reinie was still considering. *What do I do? Aissh I don’t care anymore. I’ll just have this first and try the other one the next time* Reinie pointed towards the spicy noodle on the menu. ‘This one, I want this’

‘Anything else?’ the waitress asked before heading back towards the counter with their orders.

*I hope its nice* Reinie leaned back in her seat and looked around while waiting for their food to come. Silence engulfed them as they waited for the food to come. Reinie was beginning to feel how awkward the silence was. *Arent the food coming?* she silently hoped the food would arrived sooner so she could avoid this awkwardness and focused on her food.

‘You’re not thinking of going home right after this are you?’ Sehun broke the silence and looked at her with a raised brow as he leaned forward.

‘I didn’t’ she honestly replied while Sehun smirked ‘good’

‘Wait, what are we going to do if we’re not going home after this?’ Reinie asked when she realised it.

Sehun chuckled as he leaned back ‘I’ll think about it’

‘Mwoh?! Just go home after this’ Reinie suggested.

‘Nope cant do’ Sehun instantly rejected the idea.

Before Reinie could protest again, their noodles arrived. *The noodles do looked nice but I wonder if it tastes just as good* ‘I’ll eat well’ Reinie clasped her hand together and said before she picked up the chopsticks by the side.

‘You’re only this happy when it comes to food’ Sehun clucked his tongue and shook his head as he teased.

Reinie narrowed her eyes at him, she wanted to argue but decided against it. *There’s no point fighting in front of food right? Just a waste of time* she convinced herself. ‘Whatever you say’ Reinie ignored him and began eating instead.

Reinie happily took the first bite of her noodle but it wasn’t what she expected. *What the.. it isn’t spicy at all*

‘How is it?’Sehun asked.

‘Great I guess?’ Reinie replied, trying hard not to show her disappointment.

‘You don’t sound convincing’ Sehun pointed out.

Reinie pushed the bowl of noodle towards Sehun ‘try and you’ll know’ she simply said.

Sehun carefully took a bite of her noodle then looked at her ‘it tastes fine for me’ he pushed it back.

‘Probably because I have a different tongue from others’ Reinie mumbled then resumed eating *I really thought it’ll be spicy* she was indeed disappointed but she couldn’t blame it, afterall her level of spicyness was different from average.

Sehun chuckled ‘next time, I’ll bring you to a store that sells food for people that have tongues different from others’ he coded her words while Reinie rolled her eyes at him ‘just finish your food’

When they were done, Sehun went to the cashier and paid for the food. ‘How much is it?’ Reinie asked as they left the store.

‘I don’t remember’ Sehun shrugged.

Reinie placed her hand out while Sehun confusingly looked at her ‘what?’

‘The bill of course’ she replied.

‘Why?’ Sehun asked as if he didn’t know the reason.

‘To split the bill of course’ Reinie waved her hand and motioned for him to hand over the bill.

Sehun slapped her hand away and walked ahead instead. ‘I don’t see the need to’

‘But I do’ Reinie held her hand out towards him once again.

‘I don’t, its just a treat’ Sehun ignored her request.

*Its not just a treat. To me, it’s a burden. It feels like Im owing you something and I don’t like it.* To Reinie, treats and presents just made her awkward. She feel burden receiving them. To her, every presents and treats received just meant that there will be a next time and she didn’t like that. With her character, its hard to say things. There were times when she suddenly felt like cutting everyone out from her life, having presents or treats from others will just make her feel bad. She didn’t want to feel like she owed anyone anything when she cut people out of her life.

Reinie pulled Sehun towards a café and settled them down at an empty table. ‘Wait here’ she said and left swiftly after that.

Sehun watched Reinie walked to the counter *when will you learn how to accept others? Other’s favors, other’s kindness? Sometimes, not repaying back other’s kindness is also another kindness*

A moment later Reinie walked back with a tray in hand. She placed the drinks and desserts bought on the table before putting the tray away. ‘I don’t know what you'll like so I just bought the same, Americano. You don’t mind right?’ Sehun shook his head.

‘Good’ Reinie mentally heaved a sigh of relief. ‘Eat these too’ she nodded towards the desserts she bought.

Sehun shook his head as he sipped his coffee ‘you can have all, Im all good’

‘Suit yourself’ Reinie picked the teaspoon and instantly went for the cheesecake in front of her. *Yum* she thought as the cheesecake melted in .

‘What kind of girl are you? How you still eat when you just have noodles awhile ago?’ Sehun teased.

‘Desserts are meant to be eaten after main course’ Reinie smartly replied.

‘Yeah but not immediately’ Sehun pointed out while Reinie just pretended that she hadn't heard him.

For the rest of the time, they just sat there in the café with Reinie enjoying her desserts and coffee while Sehun just watched her with a small smile tugged at the end of his lip. *You're impossible* Sehun thought with the small smile tugged at the very end of his lip.