Chapter 12

Soulmate

It was finally weekend, a day where Reinie could sleep to her content. That was what she thought until Sehun decided to send her a message early in the morning.

 

From: Sehun

Good morning! :)

 

*For goodness sake its Saturday, does he have to be that early?* Reinie cussed.  Before she could ignore his message and go back to sleep, another message came in.

 

From: Sehun

Don’t cuss me, I’ve already let you sleep longer. Its about noon soon, wake up now. Wash up, Im coming in an hour’s time.

 

*Aissh* Reinie sighed *What is he planning again?* she dragged herself out of bed as told and walked towards the bathroom.

Exactly an hour later, another text was received.

 

From: Sehun

You done? Im outside

 

*He sure is punctual* Reinie heaved a sigh then checked herself once again in the mirror before she left the house.

As expected, Sehun was leaning against her wall like usual but this time round, he looked even better. Reinie had to admit, he looked even more like a model without wearing his school uniform and now she was worried about her dressing. *Nah, Im fine, I look normal* she persuaded herself as she locked the door up.

‘Where are we going?’ Reinie turned around to look at Sehun who had straightened up.

Sehun smiled ‘Date’

‘Mwoh?!’ Reinie’s eyes widened at the word while Sehun laughed ‘what else is it called when a guy and a girl are going out together?’

‘But we’re not together’ Reinie pointed out.

‘Still, it’s called a date. Can your birdbrain only fit in that much of info? That a guy and a girl have to be together in order to call it a date? Lets go’ Sehun smirked.

*Aissh irritating, he really only lasted for a day* Reinie mentally cussed while Sehun walked ahead.

Another hour later, Reinie found herself outside the cinema with Sehun. ‘What are we doing here?’

‘To watch a movie what else?’ Sehun replied.

*Aissh, would you die if you say it nicely?* Reinie made sure to mentally strangled him with her mind.

‘What are we watching then?’ Reinie asked despite her anger.

‘This one’ Sehun pointed towards a scary movie by the side.

*Scary movie? Why this out of all the other movies?* Reinie gulped then asked again ‘that one?’

Sehun nodded ‘Yeah, you have any problem with that?’

‘Why would I have any problem with that?’ Reinie challenged.

‘Right, you don’t look like one with problem’ Sehun smirked ‘I guess we’ll watch that then’

Right before Sehun purchased the tickets, he asked Reinie again ‘we’re watching that right?’

‘You’re the one that says you wanted to watch it, why are you asking me again?’ Reinie annoyingly said.

*Because Im giving you a chance, if you admit you’re scared then I’ll switch us another movie* ‘Just to confirm’ Sehun shrugged.

After they bought the tickets, Reinie waited anxiously by the side of the theatre while Sehun went to buy some popcorns and drinks. *Stupid, stupid, why are we watching scary movie?* Reinie mentally scolded herself then calmed herself by persuading herself *Its okay, its not scary at all. Why would I even be afraid of scary movies?  Being a coward doesn’t suit me at all*

‘Im done, lets go’ Reinie looked up to see Sehun holding popcorns on one side while the other with drinks. ‘Oh okay’ she absentmindedly followed behind as they entered the theatre.

They found their seat and quietly sat down while waiting for the movie to start. Reinie was beginning to feel the sweat on her palms as the movie started. She wanted to close her eyes every time she felt the scary part was about to appear but at the thought that Sehun was beside her, she didn’t want to disgrace herself or get teased so she forced herself to watch. She had a scare whenever the scary parts suddenly popped out of nowhere along with the sound effects but forced herself to control her facial expressions. *When will this ever end?* she badly want to leave already but still, she stayed in her place.

Sehun glanced at Reinie from the side of his eye, he could see how her right hand was clutching tightly onto her seat while her left was holding the popcorn tightly to herself. He knew how scared she was yet he said nothing. He mentally heaved a sigh as he looked at her *when will you show your true self to others?* all he wanted was for her to be honest with herself, with others.

All Reinie had to do was to say she couldn’t watch it anymore, she’s afraid and Sehun would immediately take her out of the place. That was all he was waiting for but Reinie never did. Reinie forced herself to watch and persuade herself that it was nothing scary despite her fear.

‘You okay?’ Sehun asked. He hoped she’ll admit if he was to ask but he was wrong when Reinie forced a smile ‘why wouldn’t I be? There’s nothing scary about it’ she turned herself back to the screen.

Sehun clenched his fist and turned away from her. It was even frustrating to hear her deny it than her not saying anything about it. *Why, why wouldn’t you just admit you’re afraid, am I that that bad of a person to rely on?* he wanted to scream at her but held back.

*One step at a time Sehun, take it slowly. Things don’t just change* he persuaded himself as the movie goes on.

When the movie finally ended, Reinie followed Sehun out as she mentally heaved a sigh, *finally over* the movie was sure a long torturous one for her. She looked to her left and frowned when Sehun’s expression seemed angry. *Did something happen back then? Why does he looked angry?*

Reinie reached out and tugged the sleeve of his shirt, ‘whats wrong?’

Sehun looked at Reinie for awhile instead of replying, *why is he staring at me like that? I did something? But how come I don’t remember?* Reinie tilted her head as she looked back in confusion.