Chapter 20

Soulmate

15 minutes passed ever since Sehun disappeared. Before Reinie could cuss him for ditching her, he appeared again in front of her with pretzels and strawberry slushie in hands. ‘Eat this first’ Sehun placed the pretzel and slushie in her hands.

‘Where’s yours?’ Reinie noticed there wasn’t any slushie nor pretzel in Sehun’s hands as he settled down beside her.

Sehun shook his head then leaned against the chair ‘I don’t need any.’ He bought it so Reinie could gain some energy she lost through the ride.

Reinie felt bad eating by herself and held it out to Sehun. Sehun pushed Reinie’s hand back ‘no, you can ha-’ Reinie just placed it in his mouth despite his rejection ‘I don’t like eating alone’

Sehun pushed her hand back and swallowed the small bite he had taken when Reinie pushed it into his mouth before he spoke ‘I don’t see you having problem eating by yourself the last time you reject eating dinner together with me’

‘For today then, I don’t like eating alone’ Reinie placed the slushie on Sehun’s hand before nibbling on the pretzel Sehun bought. A small smile tugged at the end of Sehun’s lip as he sipped onto the strawberry slushie he bought *maybe, maybe she’s starting to open up* he thought.

After the little break, they headed for the bumper car. Reinie took one bumper car at a corner while Sehun sat on the other at the other end. Before Reinie could even prepare herself and start the car, she felt a bump from behind. Surprised, Reinie looked up to see Sehun bumping against her car again with an evil smirk on his face.

*That jerk, I wasn't even ready yet* furious, Reinie swirled the control around and headed for Sehun who had already back away with his car.

‘Aissh, don’t move’ Reinie turned her car around and chased after Sehun who smartly turned away from her attack. ‘And what? Let you hit me? Do I look dumb enough to do that?’  Sehun smirked to further provoked Reinie.

*Aissh irritating jerk* Reinie couldn’t help but glared at Sehun while chasing behind him.

While Reinie was chasing, Sehun suddenly stopped in his track. ‘Ouch!’ Reinie moaned in pain when her car collided with Sehun while Sehun laughed instead and quickly moved his car again.

Reinie narrowed her eyes as she watched him escaped *That jerk, he did it on purpose* Reinie was determined to get Sehun this time but before she could catch up with him again, all the bumper cars stopped in their own place after a whistle.   

*Damn, I still have not get back at him for what he have done* Reinie reluctantly got out of the car while Sehun approached her with a smile on his face along his hands tugged in his pocket.

‘Fun huh?’ Sehun cheerfully said as they get out of the ring.

‘Right, you sure get all the fun’ Reinie hatefully replied while Sehun laughed ‘what can I say, Im good with it’ he nonchalantly shrugged. Reinie just walked away instead, there’s no way she could beat his wittiness.

Just when they were about to decide on their next destination, Reinie’s stomach growled. *Why do you have to growl now?* Reinie mentally scolded, embarrassed.

‘Lets go get some food, Im hungry too.’ Sehun headed off while Reinie stayed rooted in her place, surprised. *He didn't tease me?* she was expecting Sehun to laugh at her or make her embarrassed since they just had a little snack earlier.

Sehun stopped in his track and turned around when he realised Reinie didn't follow along ‘Aren't you coming? Don’t tell me you want another round of bumper car’ Sehun raised his brow.

Reinie instantly moved from her spot and head away while mumbling ‘why would I? Forget about being nice, irritating jerk’ Sehun let out a chuckle and swiftly followed behind her.

Both of them stopped for in front of the hotdog store. ‘What do you want?’ Reinie asked as she browsed through the menu board. ‘Why? You’re going to give me a treat?’ Sehun smirked.

‘No, what do you want?’ Reinie asked again.

‘Why would you want to know if you’re not treating me? Isnt it easier if you just admit’ Sehun raised his brow.

*Him and his brain, irritating as ever* Reinie gave up, it was about to be their turn, she didn't want to waste time on arguing with him.‘Fine I admit, so what do you want?’ 

Instead of replying, Sehun just walked up to the counter ‘2 double hotdog with melted cheese meal please’ and turned around at Reinie with a smile ‘you’re paying right?’

*I know double hotdog with melted cheese is nice but just because Im paying, you eat double?* ‘Yeah’ Reinie walked up to Sehun by the counter.

‘Anything else?’ the cashier asked.

‘Yea-’ just when Reinie was about to order, ‘Nope’ Sehun replied.

Reinie turned around and narrowed her eyes at him ‘in case you forget, I haven’t order.’ She reminded.

‘Aren’t you going to order the same thing?’ Sehun questioned.

‘Yeah Im going to so?’ Reinie asked back.

‘Then case close’ Sehun then turned to the cashier and paid for their food while Reinie blinked and reached her wallet out when everything falls in ‘Hey, I was going to pay for it’ Reinie was about to reach out and asked back Sehun’s money but he stopped her ‘I got it. Besides, do you really think Im going to eat both meals?’ Sehun leaned against the counter and looked at Reinie who flustered and looked away.

*How would I know that you would order for me too? Wait-’ Reinie instantly looked up at Sehun ‘how do you know I was going to order that?’ she didn't remember telling him what she wanted.

*Because I can read your mind* Sehun raised his brow as he asked Reinie back ‘isnt it obvious? How else do you think I would know?’ 

*Did I really tell him..? When..?* ‘I..’ Reinie stuttered, caught off by the sudden twist in the question.

Sehun smirked and patted her head ‘its okay, I can understand why you wouldn’t know the answer’ he picked up their tray of food and headed towards the tables.

*Mwoh?! Are you saying Im stupid? You! Aissh* Reinie badly wanted to strangle the guy in front of her.