The Beetle Amulet

The Snake Armlet.Ⓒ

(Next update took me a few days longer as been busy So i hope you enjoyed it lots :D:D. Like i said it's only just begun.)

 

 

 

 

It was found out many years ago, by the third chosen mate, since the start of the snake curse, that any previous wearer of the snake armlet, would be only the few able to actually touch another future mate, without the snake attacking them. Being that if the selected mate would ever need care when ill or if they ever needed comfort, the previous owner would be that.

The Queen being the last previous owner of the Snake armlet was Minho’s. She watched as Minho slept curled up on her rug, upon her Royal bed chambers floor. He had refused to sleep upon her bed, saying that only the highest of Royals should ever sleep on such a bed. As he slept, she crawled down onto her knees. And moved over to his ankle, her finger grazed the snake head and she sighed.

‘You’re very weak old friend’ she whispered. ‘Very weak’

The Queen watched as the snake head twitched alive, turning to look at her, before slivering and growing longer around Minho’s ankle, clamping tighter. Minho mumbled in his sleep brow fusing before letting out a small snore.

‘You’re unhappy’ The Queen whispered again. The snake armlet hissed, and she gave a soft smile, she remembered wearing her old snake friend, she wore it every day until she became Queen. ‘What happened to you?’ she asked again. ‘Why didn’t you attack Changmin when he held Minho? I know that you won’t attack me, But why not him?’ She ran her finger along the snake head and spine, the snake head stretched wrapping around her finger its small fangs nipped her skin and gave a viewed vision though the snake’s eye life and emotions.

As Minho ran into the corridors crying, he was caught by Changmin’s hands, the snake tried to spark up in attack, but he couldn’t its snake eyes scanned the male over and viewed another jewel item placed on Changmin’s neck an amulet. That weaved and held the shape of a beetle bug.

That one particular amulet was a necklace style that only one previous Prince of Egypt had worn before, something that should have been buried within that particular Prince’s tomb. Prince Sudan had that very special amulet covered over with a protection curse, protection from any evil’s or any type of potential harm. This was the only other item, ever provided by the God’s, that being it would allow someone wearing it, to be able to touch a chosen Mate. Without being hurt or killed, its power was so strong, that it would make the snake completely numb and weak.

It was also an item meaning in Ancient Egyptian as the symbol for rebirth, this amulet had the ability to bring anyone back from the dead, with the right words spoke over them, if it was placed on their chest.  It was also created to make rebirth after death. Because of this particular item the Royal Prince was banished from the palace and buried, when he died he was placed in a pyramid miles away from the Royal Palace. The item costing him his royal title was buried with him.

The snake in his weakened state knew that Changmin, who wore that stolen item, was planning to use it, use it wrongly and from all that the entire snake now knew, he still could not attack him.

The Queen moved her finger from the snake in shock. She had been passed the information as a cry for help, and protection by the weak snake. She knew her brother in law was trouble, but this was on a whole new level. She glanced to the still sleeping boy, then ran over to the parchment on her desk and started writing out her vision ready to mention to the Pharaoh King.

~

‘HOW COULD YOU HAVE DONE THIS TO ME’ The Prince snapped, whom was being held back by two guards, as he lunged at Onew. ‘WHY!’

‘It was an accident –once we connected, I couldn’t stop –I’m sorry –it was like the Prince forced his way though! –Look at my black hands for goodness sake –do you really think I would do this to myself?’

‘YES!’  The Prince snapped, fighting to attack the Sorcerer again.

The Sorcerer sighed as he looked at Taemin. Suddenly Prince Taemin looked at him with pitched black eyes, before blinking and looking around. ‘Unhand me’ he demanded the guards. The guards let him go, and he glanced around. ‘What is the meaning of this?’ he asked. ‘Why am I here? Being manhandled by them’

‘What happened to him’ The Pharaoh asked shocked by the sudden voice change and action of his son.

‘He changed again’ Onew stated ‘Into the old Prince’

‘Guards bring me my girl, I need to see-’ Prince Taemin started.

‘You can’t’ Onew started aloud. The Prince looked him over and turned back to the guards.

‘Nonsense –bring me-’

‘Your girl was killed many years ago your highness, She is not here’

The Prince looked around a realised that he was not in his time. He looked around at the people standing, as the confusing memories flushed his mind. He then glanced at Onew.

‘Why did you break though into this Prince’s soul?’ The Sorcerer asked him.

The Prince gave Onew a look over ‘I remember you! You’re that little boy -you’re still alive?’

‘I would have died long ago, at the right time –if you hadn’t have killed my family, all when you placed this stupid curse upon this family’. Onew looked to his feet. ‘I lost my whole family, the day you lost… her’

The Royal Prince took a deep breath, his watering eyes blinked away as he spoke. ‘I didn’t kill your family –The God’s did, I was not in control of the snake.’

Onew blinked a few tears of his own before glaring again; he was also here now because of them God’s. ‘What do you want?’ he asked this time. ‘Why did you come back here?’

‘I came to get her’

‘She’s gone –even if we do try bringing her back, though memories –you won’t get her all back –she will still only be part of him, The mate of this Prince you have consumed. You two were only ever meant to reunite in memories, to end the curse and leave’.

‘Leave?’ The Prince started ‘Why would we leave’

‘Leave, so that this Royal family, no longer has to suffer for your grief, with that stupid curse, all because of that Girl

The Prince blinked his sudden tearing eyes again. He looked angrily yet upset at Onew ‘I can fix it! –I can bring her back!’ he chocked.

Onew shook his head ‘How? By destroying, Minho’s innocent soul too?’

‘I came back for my girl’ The Prince hissed ‘I don’t care who I destroy’ he took a deep breath ‘All I have to do is get her memories back, –she will love me again, even if it’s though him –I can love her that way. I can love her in that male’s body, as long as I get her back.’

‘And what about Minho, what about when his soul longs for, the Prince’s soul that you’ve consumed and slowly letting fade away, fade into nothing?’

‘He was cruel, I know this Prince’s heart –it was heartless, cold I’m saving the people of this Time’

‘He wasn’t always heartless’ The Pharaoh snapped not liking this old Prince ‘You are nothing like the story book –if anyone is not kind it is you!’

The past Prince scoffed and turned away. ‘I don’t have time for this –where is this mate –I plan to reunite with –’

‘Minho doesn’t remember being her, which means that he won’t love you, oh so great Prince’ Onew smirked. ‘And there is no way of me, to touching him, to make him remember, so what can you do?’

The Prince glared. ‘Then I shall make him fall for me too’ Prince Taemin stormed past the guards, and the other’s in search of this Prince’s Mate.

‘How can we stop this’ The Pharaoh asked with wide eyes ‘What can I do to save my son?’

‘I think we need Minho to fall on love with your son, and I need your son to fall in love with Minho as themselves’

‘But if that Prince keeps changing won’t Minho fall in love with that?’

Onew smiled. ‘Maybe, but that Prince’s heart belongs to her –he cannot ever love another, even if he tries. But you’re son will fall for Minho, and Minho your son…its destiny’.

The Pharaoh sighed and pointed to the guards ‘You two –follow him –keep an eye on him at all times, report to me if there is any changes.’

~

Minho woke up on royal bed; he rolled over on the very soft and comfortable type bed. And saw Changmin sat beside him; he sleepily looked around for the Queen whom had disappeared. Before looking back at Changmin and sitting up.

‘Hey sleepyhead! how you doing?’ Changmin asked sweetly touching Minho’s head softly. Minho gasped jumping back ‘Don’t touch me –you might –might-’ Changmin took both his hands and pulled them to his chest, making Minho move forward ‘how are you doing that?’ Minho asked eyes wide at his hands ‘the snake –it –it- should I-’.

‘I’m safe; it won’t hurt me, I’m here to help you’

Changmin moved Minho hands from his chest. And cupped his cheek, running the thumb across it. ‘You don’t need to be afraid of me Minho I won’t hurt you’

Minho gave a small smile and nodded. ‘Okay’

~

The prince kept running around the palace in search for Minho, he had been along the second floor, to his bed chambers. He checked all the slave rooms in the lower grounds, before he stop mid hallway on the first floor. He could here laughing a kind of laugh that was familiar to him and turned into the Royal King and Queen’s bed chambers.

Minho was laughing at Changmin who was telling a story of his adventures when he travelled. ‘And then my camel spit up on my servant because he wouldn’t give him water’ Changmin laughed. ‘I mean normally those animals can survive for, 2 weeks without water and a month without food, but my camel damn him, he’s a greedy little guy’ Minho smiled at the story and gave a small giggled laugh.

‘YOU!’ The Prince shouted making both males jump.

Prince Taemin ran over grabbing Minho’s arm and pulling him from the bed, ‘come with me –stay away from that man’

Changmin stood up and took Minho’s other arm, pulling him back. ‘Let him go –he doesn’t want to be with you’

Prince Taemin yanked Minho back ‘How did you get here –who are you –another reincarnation –I won’t let you kill her again’

‘Her’ Changmin spoke with a puzzled face. ‘I was talking about him’

Prince Taemin looked at Minho, whom looked scared between the two. The Prince smiled at Minho ‘Hey’. Minho looked to Changmin. The male responded by pulling Minho’s arm again. A small tug war started until the Prince yanked Minho hard, and when he was out of Changmin’s hands he pulled Minho from the room. He carried on pulling his arm as Minho started to unwillingly follow.

‘Keep him away from Minho’ The Prince said to the guards, as Changmin tried to follow. The guard holding spears placed them in front of Changmin stopping his chase.

‘Where are we going’ Minho asked looking back at Changmin.

‘Somewhere safe –you can’t trust him Min’

‘Why?’

‘Because he was the man who got you killed last time’

~

The Pharaoh and Onew stood wide eyed at the queen.

‘He’s wearing Prince Sudan’s amulet’ she said. ‘He’s going to use it for something bad’ she looked to the notes of the vision that she was slowly forgetting. ‘Please –you have to do something’

‘My dear there are many fake made versions of that amulet, my brother would not steal, he would have had to have killed the guard watching over and stolen the key to his tomb’.

‘But his tomb is in them pyramids, where your brother travelled too’ The Queen spoke. ‘Every banished Royal is buried there you know that’. The Pharaoh sighed.

‘But my brother-' he started.

‘Has been trying to take you’re crown for many years –and you know it to be true’

Onew looked between the two. ‘If this is true your highness, Minho could be in real danger’.

The Queen sighed, her husband the Pharaoh King pulling her in for a hug ‘He could be hurt or killed, the snake is very weak –he can’t protect Minho if he is attacked. Minho won’t be healed if he is hurt’ she teased up. ‘But not only that, Minho been was saying the Prince is remembering –that was good news, the stupid curse would be lifted, but Minho will still be unprotected right? So how will we or our son protect him?’

Onew and the Pharaoh looked at one another before back to the queen. ‘Erm about your son’ Onew started with an awkward smile. ‘Something happened.

 

 

 

 

 

(Soooo Comment :D Beetle Amulet?? Good not good?? :P When i first planned this story, i was totally faninated by the Beetle meaning in accient egypt, and had to add it in my story idea :D Now i can finally add it in this way :D:D:D:D:D So yeah COMMENT  :D )

 

 

Also tell me what you think of the story so far -i know i'm not the best writer but i'm trying to work really hard on this story :)