The second universe

Alternative Realities

Chanyeol darts across the sky, swooping and yelling.

Baekhyun is following closely behind, his tiny little wings fluttering frantically as he tries to keep up.

"Slow down, you show off!" He cries, and Chanyeol comes to an abrupt stop.

Baekhyun smashes right into his back.

"Oops." Chanyeol laughs unapologetically.

Baekhyun pries himself off, glaring at Chanyeol and knocking his green cap off of his bright red hair.

Chanyeol zooms down to get it, but a slender hand catches it in midair.

"Got it."

Chanyeol smiles brightly at Jinri.

"Thanks!"

Jinri smiled back sweetly.

Baekhyun fights the urge to gag and throw up on her perfectly done, long and silky hair.

Baekhyun's hair is a mess in comparison, blonde and tangled from the wind.

Instead, he chooses to fly up higher and frowns at Jinri, who is gently plucking a twig from Chanyeol's hair.

Baekhyun gurgles,"I could have done that."

"Done what?"

Baekhyun jumps at the sound of Minseok's voice.

"Don't scare me like that!" Baekhyun yells shrilly.

Minseok smiles mischeviously.

"Sorry." He cooes. "I forgot that you were just a fairy."

Baekhyun glares at him playfully. "Shut up, lost boy. You're wearing a squirrel hat."

Luhan peeks out from Minseok.

"What's wrong with animal hats?"

Minseok winces as one of Luhan's 'antlers' jab him in the eye.

"Nothing." 

They all jump at the sound of Chanyeol's unnaturally deep voice.

Jinri is next to him, giggling at their reactions.

Minseok and Luhan rub their necks sheepishly, while Baekhyun glares at Jinri in the nicest way possible.

After a couple more weeks of similar incidents, (she didn't like Captain Hook being all up in her grill either) Jinri decides that she has to leave.

Baekhyun celebrates in his head as everyone else cries.

Minseok, Luhan, Sehun, Yixing, Kyungsoo, and Jongin all remove their hats.

As Jinri floats off, Chanyeol yells,"I'll wait for you, Sulli!" 

Baekhyun rolls his eyes at the stupid nickname that they had all given Jinri (mostly because his nickname was Tinker Bae-ll).

Chanyeol whispers sadly,"I'll never stop waiting."

Baekhyun uses his tiny hands to wipe away the tears away from Chanyeol's eyes so his vision doesn't blur and so he won't crash into a tree again.

Baekhyun softly says,"Never is an awfully long time."

Chanyeol doesn't respond.

Baekhyun looks down at his sparkling wings and wonders maybe if he wasn't a fairy, maybe if he was a normal girl like Jinri, then maybe Chanyeol would also never stop waiting for him.