The fifth universe

Alternative Realities

Chanyeol had tried to turn back time again and again, but it simply wasn’t possible.

If only he could, if only he had the power to be able to do so.

Then maybe, just maybe, he could save Baekhyun.

Maybe he could prevent the accident from happening, maybe he could keep Baekhyun from dying when it should have been Chanyeol.

Baekhyun had jumped in front of the car and shoved Chanyeol aside, when Chanyeol had purposefully placed himself in front.

He had made sure that he was the one that would be crushed by the car, but stupid Baekhyun just had to come and save him like he always did.

Stupid Baekhyun.

Chanyeol had tried to turn back time, but it was no use.

Left with no other options, he opened up a bottle of pills and swallowed.

As his eyelids gently slid shut, the ticking of the clock stopped and the hands of the clock began to move backwards.

 

Baekhyun watched from afar as some tall boy got hit by a car.

He shuddered.

It would have been him if it weren’t for the broken stoplight a block away.

He passed by the accident area, craning his neck to look at the victim.

He squinted to take a better look at his features, but he only had a vague, blurry outline of the face.

Baekhyun shrugged and continued to walk, a weird feeling of déjà vu tugging at his insides.