The Lovebrids

The Runaway Bride
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Do you know what our parents are talking about?” I asked curiously as I walked into the garden where a fountain greeted our sight.

 

 

“Sorry, I don’t.” He replied. “Your garden is amazing, it’s like it’s from a fairy tale!” We started to walk around the fountain and I lead him into my favourite part of the whole garden – the maze.

 

 

“Well, Daddy and Mommy wanted only the best for their only daughter.” I rolled my eyes sarcastically. Not that I’m being ungrateful but honestly, I hated the way they spoiled me. With everything they missed in my life, they try to compensate it with something materialistic.

 

 

“Do you have any brothers or sisters?” I asked curiously as we walked aimlessly in the maze.

 

 

“Nope,” he said, popping the ‘p’ as he shook his head. “You’re an only child too right?” He offered a smile.

 

 

It was my turn to shake my head. “No, I have a sister, her name’s Chaerin, she’s in the house somewhere.” I grinned.

 

 

“Oh, Dad said you’re an only child.”

 

 

I shrugged.

 

 

“Are you guys staying here for the weekend,” I asked “Because normally, all of Daddy’s guests always stay for at least a weekend.”

 

 

He shook his head, “Ah, no, Dad bought a new house somewhere close to here. We just moved from China. Have you ever been to China?” I nodded.

 

 

“Wo ai zhongguo!” I exclaimed in perfect Mandarin. I think he was taken by surprise. I giggled. “I’m fluent in 4 different languages!” I bragged and he nodded impressed.

 

 

“I’m only fluent in 3, English, Mandarin and of course Korean.”

 

 

I nodded impressed too but after that, silence took over. It wasn’t an awkward silence or anything; it was more of a comfortable one. I barely knew this guy but I felt comfortable around him. I smiled inwardly. Within a few more minutes of silence, I started to see the exit and I’m sure he noticed too because of his next words.

 

 

“For a moment there, I thought you didn’t know the way and we were gonna be stuck in the maze.” I laughed.

 

 

“Don’t doubt me! I’ve been in and out of this maze since I was potty trained!” He chuckled then ruffled my hair. I reacted vio

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter