Welcome to her Life

The Runaway Bride
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Being a business man’s daughter is never easy and neither is having a doctor for a mother. Unlucky for me both my parents were just that. I grew up not having my parents around. Daddy always went to business trips and Mommy was always in the hospital. They always said, “It’s for your own good.” But sadly, they don’t see that all I want is their company. I grew up with the help of our maids and cooks. They were my family.

 

 

I remember on my sixth birthday, Daddy promised he wouldn’t miss it for the world. Mommy was there, well half of it, until she got a call from the hospital that she was needed. I didn’t even get to blow my candles before she went. Another example was my first day of kindergarten. I remember seeing the other kids have their parents’ wave goodbye. The other parents were crying and such. I was sent off by the Au Pair.

 

 

I always wondered what was wrong with me, I should be grateful. I know, some kids don’t have a home, some don’t even have parents. I was lucky, but sometimes I can’t help but feel selfish. All my life, all I wanted was for them to see me, to notice me. They say they care, but I wonder if they really did. I also wondered – many times – what if I ran away. Would they notice? I doubted it.

 

 

I pulled my hair back into a pony tail and went downstairs where I saw CL walking with a handful of neatly folded sheets. “Good morning CL,” I grinned. “Do you know when Daddy’s coming home?” I asked, my voice oozing with hope.

 

 

“Sorry Dalong, I don’t.” She shook her head, looking at me sadly.

 

 

“Oh well,” I shrugged nonchalantly. “They’re both never here anyway.” I smiled. “Anyway, CL go and change! We’ll be late for school otherwise.”

 

 

“I was on my way until you stopped me,” She stuck her tongue out and giggled. “Mum cooked our favourite by the way! But don’t eat all of it, I’ll be there in five!” I watched as she walked to her room. I turned to the kitchen and started skipping, I could smell the sweet temptation of Bacon and Sausages. There was also a hint of slightly burnt toast.

 

 

“Mama!” I shou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter