early 2008

Love Story

XXI. He is starting to like her. 



XXII. She's still rather loud, boyish, feisty, and carefree but he notes how she seems to mellow down whenever he is around. She seems to be much more refined and girly than before. 

And to be honest, he sorta likes the little changes that he sees.



XXIII. Sungmin cuts down on pink shirts, tries walking with a swagger, and practices speaking in a low voice more often than sometimes and occasionally put together. 

Kyuhyun should have noticed these subtle changes in his room mate but his mind is occupied with something else.



XXIV. Sooyoung and Kyuhyun's paths cross on a narrow SM hallway. It has been months since they’ve last seen each other. He doesn’t look for exits and she doesn’t turn her back. He gives a shy smile which she returns with a courteous nod. 

It’s funny how he took notice of her right when she has stopped noticing him. 



XXV. She still likes him. 

But she is in love with someone else. 



XXVI. The maknae keeps quipping jokes how it annoys him that his Kangin-hyung is filming a movie but is still allowed to visit Chunji. Manager-hyung seems deaf to all his hints so he spends another night listening to Sooyoung and Sungmin having fun with each other. 

He wants to turn off the radio but he can’t. 



XXVII. Sooyoung goes to sleep at around 1am almost every weekend. That's the scheduled time specially allocated for talking with Sungmin. 

Kyuhyun goes to sleep at around ten in the evening almost every weekend. That way he won't be able to hear his hyung gushing and laughing merrily while spending his usual three-hour talkfest with the girl he is starting to get really fond of.



XXVIII. Sungmin goes home with his head down. He walks inside the room silently and slumps straight on his bed. Kyuhyun need not ask the reason why the elder boy is sobbing his heart beneath the blanket. 

He quietly exits the room, giving Sungmin time to heal his hurting heart now that Sooyoung has left Chunji. 



XXIX. Sooyoung heaves out a sigh as she puts down Donghae’s guitar on the floor. She has been practicing ‘Goodbye Days’ for almost an hour now. 

It frustrates her. 

Not because the chords are hard but because she always ends up crying whenever the song hits the chorus. 



XXX. Kyuhyun walks away from the practice room door and forgets his intention of getting his hyung’s order of getting his guitar back. His Japanese knowledge is limited but he need not use a dictionary to understand why the song holds a special meaning to the crying girl. 

It was played during her last Chunji broadcast. 

It was her and Sungmin's song.