Adoption

Soon

 

A month later, and Kangin was walking around the dorm singing to his own little six-month-old son, beaming with joy. Eunhyuk was holding Sunhee in his arms, feeding her from her bottle as she grasped onto his fingers with her little fists. 
The boy was spending every minute he could with the tiny children, and everyone could see how desperate he was to have a child of his own. Donghae was more reluctant, worrying about finances and schedules.
 
Sungmin came into the room and kissed Kangin gently before taking the small baby and handing him to Ryeowook. Kangin smiled happily when he saw how tender the boy was with the baby, as though he was made of glass.
Cradling him in his arms, he leaned down to press a gentle kiss to his forehead.
"Hello Hyukjae, are you hungry? I have a bottle for you." His voice was soft like a lullaby, and Sungmin gave the boy the warm milk before going to prepare lunch.
 
Eunhyuk, as he held Sunhee, couldn't help but smile as he looked at baby Hyuk, and thought back to when the baby had first been adopted.
 
Once all of the paperwork had been sorted, Kangin and Sungmin knew it was time to choose the baby. Sungmin had sat next to Eunhyuk in the dorm, and quietly invited him to come with them. Smiling gratefully, he had immediately put on his shoes.
 
In the adoption centre, he had seen all of the tiny babies in cots, their little arms waving as they saw them arrive. Hyuk had spent a full hour holding the babies and rocking them gently, whilst Sungmin and Kangin discussed ages.
"I want a boy, older than Sunhee so he can protect her."
Nodding in agreement, Sungmin signed the paper next to Kangin.
Holding the babies in their arms, they saw Eunhyuk at the side, cooing to the gorgeous baby  boy in his arms. The baby was making small babbly noises, and Kangin thought that the smile on the boy's face would split his head in two.
Sungmin looked at Kangin, and together they made their decision.
 
"He's beautiful, isn't he?"
"How old is he Hyukkie?"
The boy checked the side of the cot. "He's six-months."
Sungmin had just held the baby gently whilst Kangin nodded. "This is our baby." Together, they looked at the tiny child, and Kangin took the baby from Sungmin's arms.
 
"What will you call him?" whispered Eunhyuk, as he reached out to the soft hair whilst smiling. Watching the same gummy smile appear on the baby's face, Kangin whispered a suggestion in Sungmin's ear, and watched his lover smile and nod in agreement.
"We'll call him Hyukjae" Sungmin said happily, and watched as Hyuk completely broke down into happy tears.
"Really? Oh really?!"
"Yes, really. He loves you, and it's a lovely name for him. You can be his godfather." Kangin gently handed the baby to Eunhyuk, and watched the tender way that he supported his head.
"Baby Hyukkie" he whispered.
 
Carrying the small child all the way home, he beamed as he held him out to Donghae.
"He's my baby.. He has my name.."
Leeteuk hugged the beaming couple. "That was a really sweet thing for you to do for Hyuk. I'm sure it means a lot to him. You did a good thing, and your baby is beautiful."
"How did you choose him?"
"Hyuk was playing with him, and making him laugh. We knew right away."
 
Watching as Donghae tentatively held the small child, and the warm smile on Hyuk's face as his lover's face transformed into a soft expression, they knew it wouldn't be long before Eunhyuk was back at the adoption centre. But this time, with Donghae.