On Rainy Days

Only Learned the Bad Things

 

That night Minhye just lay back on the bed while staring at the ceiling. It was raining drizzly. With the rain dropped on the window bit by bit making calmed sounds but it felt more melancholy. She turned to her side and stared at the picture of her and Jinyoung on their date. Jinyoung was pinching her cheeks and she made a hurt expression but it showed how she was happy to be with Jinyoung. She sighed as a tear dropped from her eyes.

Meanwhile Jinyoung is with his friends. His friends were playing around and cracked jokes with each other. Jinyoung just stared on the computer blankly. He doesn’t know what he felt right now. He sighed and looked at his phone. He was thinking whether he should call Minhye or not. He took his phone and abruptly stood up from his seat. The members watched him walked out from the room. They looked at each other and shrugged then they continue playing cards.

Jinyoung is outside of his house. He pulled his hood to his head. The rain didn’t stop yet. His breaths form a white cloud on the cold weather. He looked to the sky and memories with Minhye came rushing on his mind. He remembered when they play together in the rain. How happy they were, they don’t care been wet and sick on the next day because they have each other.

“I’m sorry….” He whispered the word without he realized it. With his mind preoccupied with Minhye he walked to where his feet bring him too.

~~~~~

~~~~~

Minhye sat on the swing and slowly swinging back and forth using her feet. She felt suffocating in her room with all the pictures and things that reminded her of Jinyoung. She rubbed her arms with her hands feeling cold. She pulled her hood on her head and looked down on the ground. At this playground was the place that she first met Jinyoung.

Jinyoung stopped when he saw someone at the swinging with a hood on her/his head. His feet had brought him to the playground where he first met Minhye. He walked closer to the swing. He saw a girl with her head down staring on the ground.

“Minhye…” He breathed. Minhye snapped out from the thoughts and she looked up. She blinked for a second before looking away. Jinyoung shoulders deflated. He could felt that Minhye was upset with him. They stayed quiet like that for a while. It was not comfortable like it used to be but it felt awkward like strangers who just met.

“I’m sorry…” Minhye suddenly said. Jinyoung eyes widened. He was the one who supposed to apologize to her, not Minhye. Jinyoung was about to open his mouth and say that she’s not the one that supposed to apologize but Minhye continued.

“But I can’t keep it up anymore…” Minhye said without meeting Jinyoung’s eyes. He was confused. What was Minhye trying to say?

“Let’s break up.” Minhye said and stood up from the swing and started to walk away. Jinyoung froze on the spot trying to get all the words that Minhye said in his mind. His heartbeat became faster than ever. Then he snapped out of his dazed and ran to Minhye. He grabbed her wrist and Minhye stopped but she didn’t turn around.

“Don’t do this to me…” Jinyoung whispered. Minhye tears threatening to fall but she blinked back her tears. She didn’t turn around because she knows if she looked at Jinyoung she would change her mind.

“Please… look at me…” Jinyoung pleaded. Minhye closed her eyes and yanked back her wrist from Jinyoung grasped.  The rain started to become heavier. Minhye started walking again.

“I’M SORRY!” Jinyoung yelled in the rain. Minhye stopped without turning around.

“I was wrong… Please forgive me. You are my everything. I love you but I don’t know how to show it. Please don’t leave me. Give me another chance. I’ll try my best to change… for you.” Jinyoung said and hoped that Minhye will change her mind and come back to him. But to his disappointment Minhye didn’t turned around.

“It’s too late oppa…. Our relationship end here.” Minhye said and started to run away from Jinyoung. Jinyoung was too shock to chase her. He fell on his knees as the rain became heavier and washed away his tears.

 

You and I…
We cannot break up, I cannot give up
You and I…
How did this happen?
Whatever is in the memories, it’s so sad

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

END