3

Battle of The Richest

I stepped out of the bathroom in my school uniform. My hair was still slightly damp but I didn’t care.

I grabbed my bag and headed out of my room only to be greeted by a smiling Sunhwa.

“Good morning Youngjae. Ready to head to class?” She asked sweetly as she linked our arms together.

“Yes. I’m a little nervous though.” I admitted.

“Don’t be. You’ll be just fine. I’ll be right there with you the whole time.” She giggled.

I let her lead me across campus to our classes. The day went by in a blur and Sunhwa always made sure to make me feel welcome.

 

It was the last class of the day, and I suddenly felt even more nervous than before. We walked into music class in complete silence.

The class was pretty small but it had groups of people scattered all over.

I took an empty seat in between a guy with flaming red hair and a tall guy with blonde curly hair.

“You must be Youngjae. I’m Yongguk.” The red haired male said as he flashed me a gummy smile.

“Nice to meet you.” I said nervously as I shook his hand.

“Well I’m Zelo. Nice to meet you.” The tall blonde chimed in.

“Nice meeting you as well.” I replied.

“So what can you do? Me and Guk are rappers but I dance also. That pale raven haired male over there is Himchan and he specializes in traditional music. The buff guy next to him is Jongup and he’s a dancer but he sometimes raps and sings. Jieun, Hyosung, and Sunhwa are singers. Zinger raps. Daehyun is also in this class and he’s like the best singer.” Zelo explained happily.

“Daehyun’s in here also?” I groaned as I slid down in my seat.

“Yepp. He’s a really great singer. He’s the best singer we have. He always goes to singing competitions for our school every year. I bet he’s gonna be an idol one day.” Zelo fawned over him.

“Is he really that good?” I mumbled.

“You’ll just have to see for yourself.” Yongguk said as he motioned towards the door.

Daehyun stepped into the room with a smirking Jieun in tow. He glanced over at me with a scowl on his face before he quickly turned away from me.

“Yikes! What did you do to get on Daehyun’s bad side?” Zelo whispered to me.

“I have no idea.” I whispered back.

Jieun made her way over to where the rest of her friends were and sat down. She instantly started talking to them and laughing about something that probably wasn’t even that interesting.

Daehyun made his way over to Himchan and Jongup and sat down beside them. I watched him strike up a deep conversation with the raven haired male. The other male just sat there with a content look on his face as he merely nodded each time someone said something remotely interesting.

My attention turned back to the door when a well-dressed woman entered the room. Her skin was a flawless creamy white chocolate color and she had long dark brown hair that hung carelessly half-way down her back. She wore a black pencil skirt with a silky salmon colored shirt that had the sleeves come down to her elbows. She wore colored heels and black reading glasses.

The woman her lips slightly as she tried to juggle a large stack of papers that she carried in her hands.

I watched in silence as Yongguk quickly stood up and approached the teacher.

“Miss Park, let me help you with those.” He said as he grabbed the stack of papers from her hands.

“Thank you, Yongguk. It looks like I have you in my class again this year. I’m looking forward to see what you will be performing for me this year.” She said sweetly as she placed some papers on her desk.

Yongguk just smiled bashfully at her before he slowly made his way back to his seat beside me.

“Yongguk has a crush on Miss Park. He’s liked her ever since we first came here. I don’t know why he won’t admit it though.” Zelo chuckled.

“I don’t have a crush on her.” Yongguk pouted as a blush rose on his cheeks.

Zelo and I started laughing silently as Yongguk rolled his eyes at us.

“You’re such an annoying little brother sometimes.” Yongguk groaned.

“You’re brothers?” I questioned.

“Step brothers actually. Our parents own a very famous publishing company in America. We hardly ever see them anymore so it’s just us now.” Zelo mumbled as he lowered his head.

“I’m sorry. I didn’t know.” I said apologetically.

“It’s fine. I don’t mind it so much now anyways since Yongguk takes good care of me.” Zelo said happily as he stared at Yongguk.

“Well someone has to keep your out of trouble kid.” Yongguk replied as he reached over and ruffled Zelo’s hair.

Zelo whined like a child as he tried to fix his now messy curly hair.

I looked away from them both and glanced around the room. Jongup stared at me before he quickly turned away. I just shook my head at him. Some people were just a little odd at times.

My gaze landed on Daehyun. He was busy talking to Jieun and it looked like she had an annoyed look on her face. She quickly stopped talking and turned to look at me. She had an evil gaze facing my direction and I watched Daehyun turn to look at me. He shook his head at me before he went back to talking to Jieun.

“Good afternoon class. My name is Dara Park, but call me Miss Park. I see some new and familiar faces in here today. I hope all of you will enjoy my class.” She said as she smiled sweetly at us.

I just looked at her and smiled.

“I bet Yongguk will enjoy this class.” Zelo snickered to himself.

I chuckled a little at his comment before I scooted up in my seat.

“Now try not to hate me too much class but this year I’ll be choosing your partners. You and your partner must come up with an original song that will be due by the end of this year as your final grade. You will be performing this song in front of the entire student body and all of the faculty members. Remember that this will count as your final so make sure you put a lot of thought into this project. Also, auditions for the Spring Music Jam for our school competition will be posted on my door outside. So please feel free to write your name down. You will be receiving extra credit if you sign up for the competition. Let’s give a round of applause to last year’s winner Jung Daehyun.” Miss Park said as she began to gently clap her hands.

The entire room was soon filled with clapping and cheering. I watched Daehyun shy away and sink down in his seat a little.

“Okay class. Settle down now. I need to announce who your partners will be now. When I call your names please find your partner and sit with them. No you won’t be able to change your partners so please don’t ask me. First up we have Jieun and Hyosung. Next are Zinger and Sunhwa. Himchan and Yongguk. Junhong and Jongup. Last but not least are Youngjae and Daehyun. You all may move to sit with your partners now.” Miss Park said as she leaned against her table.

Daehyun stayed rooted in his seat so I gathered up my stuff and trudged over to where he was right after I waved to Yongguk and Zelo.

I plopped down in the seat next to him and felt something wet and sticky in the chair.

I tried to stand up but I couldn’t. I was firmly planted to the chair and when I stood up I ended up taking the chair with me.

Daehyun sat next to me with a smirk on his face.

“Going somewhere?” He asked in an amused tone.

“You did this didn’t you? This isn’t very nice at all.” I scolded him.

“Youngjae, is everything alright back there?” Miss Park asked as she looked directly at me.

“No mam. I’m stuck to the chair. Can I go to the nurses office?” I asked patiently.

“Oh my goodness! Of course. Go right on ahead. Do you know who did this to you?” She asked in a shocked voice.

“No mam. I do not.” I blatantly lied.

Miss Park just nodded to me before she went back to writing something on the whiteboard.

I took one last glance at the now confused Daehyun who sat in his seat with his arms crossed.

“Why didn’t you tell her it was me?” He questioned.

“Because I didn’t want to get you in trouble.” I replied.

Daehyun just grumbled to me before he looked away.

I took this chance to head to the nurses office and hoped that the rest of this day would be much better.


A/N: I haven't forgotten about this story. I have two stories going at once now and work has been getting in the way also. Get ready because this is only the start of DaeJae's dysfunctional relationship. Comments and subscribers are welcome here. Thanks to those of you that have read, commented, subscribed, and voted up this story. I appreciate the support. Thanks!! ^_^