8

Battle of The Richest

Youngjae part- Green

Daehyun part- Red

DaeJae combined part- Purple


I slid the American style varsity jacket over my arms and looked at myself in the mirror.

My freshly dyed black locks were ruffled and it made it look like I just had a long night of rough . A thin layer of black eyeliner outlined the edges of my eyes making them have that “pop” effect that Zelo said would make me more attractive and badass.

I also grabbed a pair of Leo style black Tom Ford sunglasses and draped them over my eyes.

The red silky skinny jeans I wore clung to every curve on my body and my Jordans felt snug on my feet.

Zelo came walking in with a smile plastered on his face.

“Time to go, Youngjae. Kang wants everyone to meet in the auditorium before we begin.” He said as he grabbed my arm and practically dragged me out of our temporary shared dorm.

 

 

I took a seat in between Zelo and Ricky. Everyone was dressed in their Class uniforms and I scanned the crowd for Daehyun.

I tried to not think about him but it was proving to be too hard.

Daehyun invaded my thoughts and my dreams.

He had become a nightmare and a dream to me.

Daehyun is my light in the darkness when I cannot see.

I am the ship and Daehyun is the spotlight guiding me back home from a storm.

 

My eyes landed on Daehyun standing on the stage next to Kang.

Daehyun had on a mint colored blazer with a blue collared shirt, a solid black tie, white pants that were cuffed, black loafers, black nerd glasses, and a solid white fedora hat.

He his plump lips before he slowly ran his thumb over the bottom of his lip.

His style was definitely unique and I could hear tons of fangirls gushing over how attractive he is.

Daehyun smiled at the fangirls and blew a kiss to them. I watched one girl let out a shriek of excitement as she jumped up and down in front of her seat.

“Settle down everyone!” Kang stated as he looked towards the group of screaming fangirls.

Everyone quickly sat down in their seats and waited for Kang to speak some more.

“Now before we officially start the Class Wars this year, we have Jung Daehyun here who would like to perform for us. He is our most gifted singer here and he will be once again singing in the Solo Acapella school competition towards the beginning of next year. Now I’ll let Daehyun have the floor.” Kang said as he placed the microphone on the stand and sat down in his seat near the back of the stage.

Music started playing in the background as Daehyun walked up to the mic and placed his hands on it.

I watched his head bob along to the beat before he his lips and opened his mouth to sing.

All I am is a man

I want the world in my hands

I hate the beach

But I stand

In California with my toes in the sand

Use the sleeves of my sweater

Let's have an adventure

Head in the clouds but my gravity's centered

Touch my neck and I'll touch yours

You in those little high-waisted shorts, oh

 

She knows what I think about

And what I think about

One love, two mouths

One love, one house

No shirt, no blouse

Just us, you find out

Nothing that I wouldn't wanna tell you about, no

 

'Cause it's too cold

For you here and now

So let me hold

Both your hands in the holes of my sweater

 

And if I may just take your breath away

I don't mind if there's not much to say

Sometimes the silence guides our minds

So move to a place so far away

The goose bumps start to raise

The minute that my left hand meets your waist

And then I watch your face

Put my finger on your tongue

'Cause you love to taste, yeah

 

These hearts adore

Everyone the other beats hardest for

Inside this place is warm

Outside it starts to pour

 

Coming down

One love, two mouths

One love, one house

No shirt, no blouse

Just us, you find out

Nothing that I wouldn't wanna tell you about, no, no, no

 

[2x]

'Cause it's too cold

For you here and now

So let me hold

Both your hands in the holes of my sweater

 

Whoa, whoa...

Whoa, whoa... whoa

Whoa, whoa... [2x]

 

'Cause it's too cold

For you here and now

So let me hold

Both your hands in the holes of my sweater

 

It's too cold

For you here and now

Let me hold

Both your hands in the holes of my sweater

 

It's too cold,

It's too cold

The holes of my sweater

The audience went wild as the music drifted off and Daehyun bowed to the crowd.

We locked eyes briefly as a smile stretched across his face.

I smiled back at him and tried to ignore the fact that he was happily engaged to Jieun now.

 

Kang stood up from his seat as he clapped a final time for Daehyun.

“Well that was quite an impression you made on everyone Daehyun. Now we start the Class Wars. Our first event is the singing competition. We only have two people that signed up for this event. Jung Daehyun and Yoo Youngjae. Mister Youngjae please make your way up to the stage now.” Kang said as he started looking around the audience.

Daehyun looked towards me and shot me a horrified/worried look as I stood up from my seat.

“Good luck Youngjae. I hope you can sing.” Zelo said quietly.

“Good luck up there.” Ricky said awkwardly.

I just nodded to the both of them as I made my way up to the stage.

All eyes were on me as I walked up the steps to the stage. I could hear people whispering things about me but I didn’t care.

I stood next to Daehyun and smiled to the crowd.

“Are you sure about this?” Daehyun asked in hushed tones.

“What? Don’t think I’m good enough or something?” I asked harshly in a whisper.

“No. That’s not what I meant.” Daehyun furiously shook his head.

Before I could reply Kang had grabbed the microphone and glared at the both of us.

“Now let’s keep it clean boys. Youngjae you will go first. You are required to sing an entire verse of any song that you wish to or you can just sing the chorus. The choice is yours but use of foul or inappropriate language will earn you an automatic disqualification. When Youngjae finishes his part then Daehyun you may sing your part, and when Daehyun finishes his part you may start your part again Youngjae. It’s a simple singing competition.” Kang explained as he eyed the both of us.

He placed the microphone back on the stand and I stepped forward looking at the crowd of both familiar and unfamiliar faces.

I wasn’t the least bit scared as I opened my mouth to let the words I had longed to speak come forth.

 

Lately I been, I been losing sleep

Dreaming about the things that we could be

But baby, I been, I been prayin' hard

Said no more counting dollars

We'll be counting stars

Yeah, we'll be counting stars

I turned to look at Daehyun who merely smirked at me before he playfully snatched the microphone from me and winked at me.

Not really sure how to feel about it

Something in the way you move

Makes me feel like I can't live without you

It takes me all the way

“Looks like this competition is heating up! We have two talented young men on the stage right now.” Kang said quickly into the microphone before I snatched it away from Daehyun’s grip.

Daehyun gave me a hurtful look before he shot me a fake death glare.

“It’s not over yet.” I chirped into the microphone which caused our audience to start howling in anticipation.

“This next one is dedicated to someone I know and well I think the lyrics speak for themselves.” I said into the mic as I shot Dae a quick glance.

He gave me a puzzled look before he eyed me up and down.

'Cause I knew you were trouble when you walked in

So shame on me now

Flew me to places I'd never been

'Til you put me down, oh

I knew you were trouble when you walked in

So shame on me now

Flew me to places I'd never been

Now I'm lying on the cold hard ground

Oh, oh, trouble, trouble, trouble

Oh, oh, trouble, trouble, trouble

Daehyun folded his arms and gave me the stink eye before he suddenly had a sly smile on his face.

“I’d like to dedicate this next song to my princess.” Daehyun chuckled as he grabbed the microphone away from me.

I'm a Barbie girl, in the Barbie world

Life in plastic, it's fantastic!

You can brush my hair, undress me everywhere

Imagination, life is your creation

I gave Daehyun the evilest glare that I could muster up as Kang stepped in and grabbed the microphone away from me.

“Okay boys! One last song so make it a good one and give it your all.” Kang said as he cupped his hand over the microphone so our audience couldn’t hear him.

Daehyun’s facial features softened as he turned to look at me.

“Tell me how you really feel.” He whispered to me as he stared deeply into my eyes.

I could only nod my head in response to him as I became lost in those beautiful dark orbs of his.

I let out a brief sigh as I shakily reached out for the microphone.

The atmosphere in the room had taken a completely different turn as I looked out at the audience.

I felt a gentle hand rest on my shoulder as I blinked and opened my mouth to sing once more.

 

That's how much I love you

That's how much I need you

And I can't stand you

Must everything you do make me wanna smile

Can I not like you for a while? (No....)

I turned to look at Daehyun. He smiled at me as his eyes glistened in the spotlight.

I watched Kang give Daehyun a microphone and we were now standing across from each other on stage just looking into each other’s eyes as Daehyun flipped on his microphone and parted his lips to sing.

But you won't let me

You upset me girl

And then you kiss my lips

All of a sudden I forget (that I was upset)

Can't remember what you did

I gave a slight chuckle as I reached out for Daehyun’s hand. He took my hand in his without question as he intertwined our fingers together and held our hands up near his heart.

I smiled at him as a small blush formed on my face.

But I hate it...

You know exactly what to do

So that I can't stay mad at you

For too long that's wrong

Daehyun’s eyes were on me the whole time.

But I hate it...

You know exactly how to touch

So that I don't want to fuss.. and fight no more

Said I despise that I adore you

I squeezed his hand in a reassurance.

And I hate how much I love you boy (yeah...)

I can't stand how much I need you (I need you...)

And I hate how much I love you boy (oh whoa..)

But I just can't let you go

And I hate that I love you so (oh..)

His eyes searched mine for any sign of doubt.

You completely know the power that you have

The only one makes me laugh

I just nodded my head to him.

Said it's not fair

How you take advantage of the fact

That I... love you beyond the reason why

And it just ain't right

Daehyun closed his eyes but his voice never faltered. It felt as if we had rehearsed this song together a million times.

And I hate how much I love you girl

I can't stand how much I need you (yeah..)

And I hate how much I love you girl

But I just can't let you go

But I hate that I love you so

We both inhaled and exhaled at the same time as our intertwined part came up.

One of these days maybe your magic won't affect me

And your kiss won't make me weak

But no one in this world knows me the way you know me

So you'll probably always have a spell on me...

Both of us stared at each other not moving a muscle for fear that this was all a dream. The crowd around us started howling and cheering our names but we didn’t care.

In this moment all we could see, hear, and feel was each other.

We were both a panting mess as the crowd roared behind us.

“Daehyun.” I whispered as I dropped our hands.

“Yes?” He replied as he stared at me with love.

“Would you believe me if I said I’m in love?” I questioned.

“Only if it’s me that you’re in love with.” He stated.

“Good because I’m in love with you.” I said as I smiled at him.

He stared at me and blinked several times before he came back to his senses.

I felt him grab my hand as he pulled us off the stage ignoring the shouts of our names being called out behind us.

 

Daehyun dragged us backstage to the prop room where costumes, puppets, and cardboard buildings lay in heaps.

He grabbed both of my hands and looked me dead in the eyes.

“Say it to me.” He mumbled.

“I love you, Daehyun.” I whispered.

He smiled at me as he placed a gentle kiss on my left cheek.

“Again.” He whispered.

“I love you.” I replied.

Daehyun placed a quick peck on my right cheek.

“Say it again, please Jae.” He begged.

“I love you, Dae.” I stated.

I felt his lips press against my forehead leaving a damp mark behind in its place.

“Tell me it again.” Daehyun murmured.

“I love you. I love you. I love you.” I said over and over again between chuckles as Daehyun planted kisses on my neck.

“I love you.” Daehyun said softly as he looked into my eyes.

My heart sped up as I heard his confession.

I closed my eyes on instinct as I felt his lips on mine. My arms found their way around his neck as he pulled me closer to him and lifted me off the ground.

He stopped kissing me as he spun me around in his arms like they do in the movies. We were both laughing like children as he gently placed me back on the ground.

Before I could catch my breath I felt his warm lips on mine again.

If this is a dream then I hope I never wake up from it.

“I love you.”


A/N: Just some super cute DaeJae before we get into all the major drama. Comments and subscribers are welcome here. Thanks to those of you that have read commented, subscribed, and voted up this story. Thanks for the support!! ^_^

Songs in order they were sung:

1) The Neighbourhood: Sweater Weather

2) One Republic: Counting Stars

3) Rihanna: Stay

4) Taylor Swift: I Knew You Were Trouble

5) Aqua: Barbie Girl

6) Rihanna feat. Ne-yo: Hate That I Love You