2-2

Battle of The Richest

(Daehyun’s POV)

 

My feet dragged along the concrete pavement as I made my way to the Board of Education’s main office.

I held the stack of forms in my hands as I walked through the dark wooden double doors. A sigh escaped my lips as I walked up to the front desk.

A young woman looked up from her computer and smiled sweetly at me. She had her black hair pulled up in a high bun and she had thin eyebrows.

“What can I do for you today sir?” She asked sweetly as she batted her fake eyelashes at me.

“I’m just here to turn in some paper work.” I replied as I placed the papers on her desk and slid them across the table.

She looked over the papers before she slowly shook her head at me.

“I’m sorry mister Jung but we can’t change out your roommate. There are no more dorms available for students so he will have to room with you at least until this semester is over. We have several students that transfer to different schools after Christmas break so we might be able to change him to a different room at that time.” She stated.

I kept a straight face as I looked at her, “thank you for your time mam.”

She didn’t say anything else to me as I turned around and walked out of the building.

I grumbled to myself in annoyance. My mother told me to stay away from Youngjae and here we were being forced together.

Things couldn’t get any worse…..or could they?

 

 

The lights were off in my room when I returned to it later on that night. It was past curfew hours as I snuck into my room.

The room was slightly chilly and I wasn’t sure if Youngjae was asleep or not as I tip toed over to my bed. I felt around my bed for my t-shirt and sweatpants and quickly threw them on before I curled up under my covers.

My eyes grew heavy as I fought sleep for as long as I possibly could.

I had just shut my eyes when I heard the quietest of snores on the other side of the room.

I groaned and rolled over in my bed as I pulled my pillow over my head to drown out the noise.

This was going to be a long night.

 

 

I awoke the next morning to the rays of sun shining down on my face. I slowly crawled out of bed and stretched.

I looked over at Youngjae’s bed and found him sleeping soundly with his sticking up in the air.

I shot him a confused glance even though he couldn’t see it. Weird, I thought to myself.

An evil grin spread across my face as I looked over at the small trashcan in the corner. I walked over to it and saw that it was empty.

I grabbed it and brought it to the bathroom with me. I filled it half-way up with ice cold water and headed over to Youngjae’s bed.

I my lips and smirked before I tossed the cold water all over Youngjae.

He let out a scream and shot up out of his bed as I stood there next to him laughing uncontrollably.

“What was that for?!” He snapped at me.

“Time to wake up. We have classes to go to.” I shrugged as I sat the trash can back in its original spot.

“And you couldn’t have woken me up like a normal person?” He questioned as he glared at me.

“Nope. Nice choice of pajamas though.” I smirked.

Youngjae looked down at his attire and blushed. He had on solid white pajamas that had kittens all over them.

“T-they were a gift.” He stuttered before he took off running to the bathroom.

I heard him lock the door and I took this time to put on my school uniform. I heard the shower being and I laughed quietly to myself as I heard a girlish squeak come from the bathroom.

A few minutes later I heard the bathroom door open and close.

“You have fun-“ I mumbled as I looked towards the bathroom.

Youngjae had a loose yellow towel wrapped around his waist and water was dripping off of his flawless pale skin. His shoulders were broad and it looked like he worked out daily. Even his legs were nicely toned. He didn’t have abs like I did but his stomach was flat.

I blinked a few times as I cleared my throat and nervously adjusted my tie. I just realized that I was checking Youngjae out and shook the thought off.

“I left my clothes in here.” He mumbled as he walked over to his side of the closet and pulled out his uniform.

I watched the way he moved, the way his body tensed up with every movement he made, the way his muscles would flex unintentionally as he reached for something, the way he rolled back and forth between the ball and heel of his feet as he hummed an unfamiliar tune.

At this moment I wanted to just reach out and touch him to see if he was real.

I frowned though as he walked back into the bathroom and closed the door.

He was my enemy.

I couldn’t get attached to him in any way.

To me he was just a bug on my windshield that needed to be squashed.

 

 

Jieun barged into my room a few minutes later with a smile on her face.

“Ready to go Daehyunnie?” She asked cutely.

“Yeah.” I replied mindlessly.

Jieun rolled her eyes at me and slid her arm into mine.

“Stop looking so depressed. You’ll make me look bad.” She whispered harshly to me.

I just nodded in reply as I put on my best fake smile.

I took a quick glance at the bathroom where Youngjae was.

Sorry in advance, Youngjae.


This story is now in full effect. Get ready cause things are about to get super crazy in this story. Comments and subscribers are welcome here. Thanks! ^_^