Chapter 28

The Unrequited love

 

"Babe, where are you taking me?" Jungkook asked, gripping JM's hand as she walked infront. "Shhh. Just wait. Here. Sit here." She guided him by the shoulder and went behind him. She pulled down his blindfold and sat beside him. "What are we doing here?" Jungkook asked when he saw that they were at a resto bar. "Do you remember this place?" JM said, untying his blindfold. "Of course i do. This where our friends met." Jungkook smiled. "But what are we doing here?" He asked. "No reason. I just wanted to visit this place. " JM said. Jungkook nodded and called a waiter to order their brunch.

"Hi i'm mark, your waiter for today. what can i get you?" Mark asked as he took out his pen and notepad from his pocket. As he raised his head to look at who he was serving, his eyes landed on JM, who was busy looking at the menu. His brows furrowed as he didn't quite recognise her at first. "I'll have Set A with Toast, and Hot Choco." Jungkook ordered first. "And i'll have simple meal and a strawberry smoothie." JM said, looking up at the waiter. Her eyes widened while he showed her a happy but shocked expression.

"Oh! You're that JM kid." Mark said. "You guys know each other?" Jungkook asked. "What? No. I don't know him. You must be mistaken. Hehe." JM awkwardly laughed it off. "Oh really? Sorry about that then." Mark said, rubbing the back of his neck. "Your food will be served in 15 minutes, is that ok?" Mark said as he scanned their order. "Yeah. That's fine. Thanks." Jungkook smiled. Mark bowed politely and left. JM let out a breath and fanned herself.

"You know him don't you?" Jungkook stated as he placed his chin on his palm. "What? No i don't." JM waved his question off. "You can't lie to me Kim Jaemin." Jungkook laughed. "Well he used to go to my School." JM said. "And?" He asked. "And what? That's it." She said, avoiding his gaze. "No. That's not it. There's something more..." then he gasped. "did you have a crush on him?" He angrily asked. "Are you getting jealous?" She asked, narrowing her eyes at him. "Duh. What do you think? Of course i am." Jungkook said, his shoulders slumping as he side glared at her. She showed him her eyesmile and palmed her cheeks while she placed her elbows on the table. "Why are you so cute when your jealous?" She giggled. But instead, he narrowed his eyes at her then turned to glare at Mark's back. "He's from the past babe. Geez." She said, reaching out to pull on his ear. She pulled one of his ears towards her and kissed the cheek that was facing her. "There. So stop glaring." She said, rubbing the part she pulled. "No. What's so good about him anyway? I'm obviously better looking." He said. JM stared at Jungkook with skeptical eyes and nodded slowly. "Yeah. You go say that. So it doesn't hurt you pride." She said. "I'm being honest here." Jungkook stated with an offended tone. "who said you were lying? of course you're better looking." JM said making Jungkook show his eyesmile. Their brunch was served shortly by a different waiter and they ate while enjoying the soft music played by the band infront. 

*****

After having brunch, they left the resto bar after Mark assisted their bill. Jungkook grumply put down the money on the small folder and didn't forget not to leave a tip for mark. Satisfied with his doing, he and JM left the place and strolled by the sidewalk, hand in hand.


"Where are we going next?" Jungkook asked. "Mm. I Don't know." JM answered. Jungkook stopped on his tracks and looked at her. "I want to try something." Jungkook half whispered. "Ok, what is it?" Jm asked. "You trust me right?" He asked instead with a serious look. "Of course i do. what are we doing anyway?" Jm asked again. He pulled her hand softly and walked to an isolated alley. He leaned on the wall behind him and pulled JM by the waist. "Jungkook, what are we-" She was cut off shortly when he pulled her neck towards him and kissed her softly. 10 seconds later, he pulled away with eyes closed. "What exactly are you doing?" JM asked in a soft whisper. "10 second kiss." He answered, smiling. "We're in pub-" She was cut of the second time when He pulled her in again for another kiss. It started off slow and sweet until he tried to pull away but she boldly pulled him back in, wanting for more. He honestly just made an excuse to just kiss her but he never thought she would take half the initiative to continue it. Their hands slowly started to roam around each others body. His hand landing on her lower back, and her hands gripping on the hair at the back of his head. Their kiss got rougher and they both felt hotter. They were to busy liplocking until JM heard a little boy's crying voice. She pulled away slowly and placed her forhead on his, panting. "Jaemin-" "Shh. Listen." JM said. Jungkook pouted and buried his face on the crook of her neck. "Can't we continue?" Jungkook asked cutely. "But the little boy is crying. Look he's alone." JM pointed when the kid who was crying passed by. "JM, seriously. You and your mood swings." Jungkook groaned, squeezing her hips. He let go of his grip and grabbed her hand. JM who was following his grumpy lead, smiled. 

They got out of the hidden alley and looked for the boy. Jungkook spotted him on his knees with one of his hand, wiping his tears. "Daddy!" The kid sobbed. Jungkook and JM softened at the sight. They walked to the boys and got down to his height. " Hey kid, why are you crying?" JM asked, stopping his hands from rubbing his teary eyes. "I lost my daddy." The kid answered. "Where's your mom?" Jungkook asked, rubbing the kid's back. "I don't have a mom." The kid sniffed. looking at Jungkook with his big eyes. "Well, how did you end up here?" JM asked again. "I ran after the white cotton candy in the sky. there." The kid pointed at the clouds, that were slowly moving east. "You poor thing." JM frowned. she wiped the kid's tears with her thumbs and carried him in her arms. The little boy's arms automatically encircled on her neck as he looked at Jungkook, who awkwardly smiled at him. "Should we bring him to the police station?" Jungkook asked. "I don't know.. maybe we should look-" "Minari!" A man shouted. The kid looked up and smiled. "Daddy!" He stretched out his arms just as he ran and took him. 

"Oh My Gosh, You're the dad?" JM asked Minhwan, shouting actually. "Oh thank goodness i found you. Don't run away from me again, understand?" Minhwan scolded the now smiling boy. "Yes daddy." Minari, smiled showing his cute eyesmile. "Oh, hey JM, Jungkook." Minhwan nodded at them. Jungkook looked at him with big eyes and nodded back. "Hello? Did you not hear me? Who's son is this?" JM freaked out, waving her arms infront of minhwan. "Oh Minari? No he's not my son. He's from the orphanage. I just took him out because i promised him we would go out on my day off." Minhwan answered. " And he calls you daddy?" Jungkook asked with sarcastic look. "Yes he does Jungkook. Deal with it." Minhwan said. Jungkook raised both of his arms in surrender. "I was so broken hearted when he told me he didn't have a mom." JM frowned. "You wan't to be?" "NO." Jungkook answered instead, pulling JM's waist close to him. "If she's the mom, i'm the dad. We'll get our own kid." Jungkook glared at Minhwan. "Ok then." Minhwan said, hiding the smile from being amused with Jungkook's jealousy. "Who says i'll marry you?" JM asked Jungkook with an amused face, making Jungkook glare at her. "I do. Now zip it before i make you." Jungkook threatened. JM pretended to zip and lock then she give the 'key' to Jungkook, who accepted it. "You two are so weird. I should leave before my son gets infected by you people." Minhwan shook his head. "Bye JM, Bye Jungkook." Minhwan waved at them. "Bye hyung." JM and Jungkook waved back. 

When Minhwan was out of sight, JM let out a loud sigh making Jungkook look at her. "What?" she asked. He raised his finger to his mouth and told her to keep quiet. "Why?" She asked. "Your still not allowed to talk. This is the second time you broke a perfect make out session." He glared, making JM laugh. " 'perfect make out session'? Seriously?" She asked. Instead, Jungkook looked at her with narrowed eyes, silently warning her. She backed away and zipped again. He cabbed for a taxi and asked the driver to go to Asan Medical center, a.k.a Raeann's family hospital.

*****

*Knock knock* "Come in." Himchan told the person from the other side of the door. "Hey hyung." Jungkook greeted. "oh hey, where's JM?" Himchan asked, his eyes busy looking for something on the other side of the bed. "Here." Jungkook pointed. Himchan looked up and saw JM wave at him. He raised a brow. "Why are you not talking?" he asked. "Oh. I gave her a punishment. Don't ask why." Jungkook said, guiding JM to sit beside Himchan. "Why?" Himchan stubbornly asked JM. She tried giving him hand signals but he wouldn't understand. "i can't understand" himchan whispered to JM. She rolled her eyes and slowly repeated her hand gestures. "Oh oww. wait, what?" he asked with widened eyes. "Yah, Jeon Jungkook. You hormonal bastard." Hicmhan threatened to hit Jungkook who looked up at the call of his name. " quit this punishment before i make you. i may be on a hospital bed but i can still beat you up." Himchan scolded. Jungkook gave the siblings dirty look and stood up. "Hyung, look away." he said. "No." himchan stubbornly replied. "Suite yourself." Jungkook said. He cupped JM's cheeks and pecked her once. "There. Punishment over." He smiled. "Don't do that infront of me." Himchan said, his expression...disgusted. "He did tell you to look away." JM said, hugging Jungkook's waist and resting her head on his stomach. 

Another knock was heard and the doctor, with her assistant nurse came in. "Annyeonghasaeyo Himchan-ssi. How are you feeling?" The doctor asked. "I was alittle dizzy this morning but i was given pain reliever so it eventually dissappeared. My arms hurt and so does my thigh. "He smiled. making the doctor smile as well. "Does it hurt as much as yesterday?" "No actually, i just feel sore." He answered. "Well. you're recovering fast." She smiled. She told the nurse Himchan's diagnosis and told her to get some aiding kits. " If you maintain this kind of care, you can leave soon." The doctor said. The nurse soon came in and gave the doctor the aid kit. "Oh and by the way, if you don't mind. I'm also teaching right now. Sunhwa here is a student nurse and she's following me around today for lessons. " Dr. Yu pointed at Sunhwa behind her with the medical tongs she was holding. Himchan bowed in acknowledgement and so did she. Himchan looked at the wounds being cleaned and saw cuts. "Oh wow, how bad was i hit? he asked. "Pretty bad. We almost didn't recognize you with the face you had when you were brought here." Dr. Yu said. JM frowned at that. She thought of the reason how her brother ended up in the hospital and how he was so messed up because of Heerin. Who also happened to be Jeongkook's sister. 'This is so messed up.' JM thought. She closed her eyes and leaned more onto Jungkook, who was unaware of her incoming migraine. 

*****

"Oppadeul, I'll leave this bed ridden oppa to you. We have to go home early cause Kookie here has practice in the morning and, well i have plans tomorrow." JM said, standing up. Yongguk and the rest of B.A.P came an hour after they did and they had spend the rest of their day there. They had dinner and it was already past 8. "Ok. We'll leave as soon as visiting hours are done." Yongguk said. JM went close to Himchan's bed for a kiss on the forehead. JM hugged Himchan by the neck and burried her face in her arms for a little longer. "Get well soon oppa. Bye." She muttered. "Thanks baby sis. Goodnight." He kissed her crown one last time. "Jungkook, get yourselves home safely. One damaged Kim is enough." He said jokingly. Jungkook chuckled and nodded. Finally, JM and Jungkook bid others goodbye and left the hospital. 

*****

"Ahjussi, can you drop us of there?" JM pointed at the park which was 5 minutes walk away from their neighborhood. He nodded and stopped the car beside the side walk. JM paid for the ride and dragged Jungkook out, not forgetting to thank the ahjussi. 

"Why did you pay? i was about to give him the money." He said with a crunched nose. "You always pay for me. It isn't fair." JM said, playfully scoffing at Jungkook. He smiled down at her and went behind her. He wrapped his arms around her stomach, making him back hug her. He placed his chin on her shoulder and tilted his head to rest on hers. " I don't why i feel so happy today." He said. JM patted his arms and laced their hands together. " I know right?" She replied. "you know, i'm still waiting for that thing you wanted to talk about." he reminded her. She gulped silently and looked down. He stopped on their tracks. "Why? does it bother you? You want to talk about it?" Jungkook asked, squeezing her in a comforting way. She shook her head and smiled faintly. "I'm fine. This will pass. It was just a random thought." She said, waving it off. "Let's talk about something else." she added. "Mm. ok. what are you doing tomorrow?" he asked. "I don't know. i guess i'll sleep and lazy around tomorrow. or I'll just practice for whatever it is i have to face when woolim calls me." She shrugged her shoulders. "Oh right. It's been a whole month since they last contacted you. Maybe you should go visit them or something." He suggested. She nodded in approval. "Now that you brought it up, i think i will." She said. "Aww, i was planning to sleep the whole day tomorrow." she pouted. "Really? And what, ignore me incase i visit you tomorrow?" he asked. "Well yeah." she teased. "What?" he asked in disbelief. "I'm joking. i wouldn't ignore you. i mean who could? You're too persistent." JM said. Jungkook gave her alook that says 'If you don't stop, i will punish you again'. She laughed and ruffled his hair. "That was a joke. sheesh." To spice it up, she added a long kiss on his cheek. "I love you too much to ignore you. Happy?" She asked earning a nod from Jungkook. A little girl from the top of the slide giggled loudly making the couple look at her. the little girl bowed her head and said "Eonnie, you and oppa are so cute." she raised two thumbs up and bowed again.Her parents called out to her and she ran back to them. "Oh i couldn't agree more little girl." Jungkook said, snuggling up to JM who also smiled…half-heartedly

 

After a few more minutes with strolling, they decided to walk home for real. They fell into complete silence until they finally reached Playlists gate.

"Jungkook, i have to tell you something…" she said, letting go of his hand and standing in front of him. "Sure what is it?" He asked, stuffing his hands inside his pocket. She took him of guard when she hugged him tight by the neck. He relaxed under her tight hug and s his arms around her waist, hugging her back. She then broke their hug as she bowed her head down and played with her fingers. "You know i love you very very much right?" She asked, looking directly at his eyes. He smiled and nodded. "I don't know how to say this..." she raked a hand through her hair and looked back down with furrowed eyebrows. "Say what?" He asked. It took her a couple of seconds before she answered his questions. "Let's break up..." she said. This time, Jungkooks brows met. "I think i heard wrong, what was that?" He asked again, taking a step closer. She raised her head, tears threatening to fall from her eyes. "Let's end it here. This. Our relationship. Right here, right now." She said. The tears finally fell and that's when he realized she was serious. He reached out to wipe her tears but she avoided her touch. "I want to end it until here." She repeated. "Jaemin, quit saying that. It's not funny." He played dumb and oblivious. "Do i look like i'm joking?" She asked him, her tone rising. "You just told me you love me, now you want to break up with me? Does that even make any sense? No. I'm not breaking up with you." He said angrily. "Jeon Jungkook, don't make this harder for me. Please. I'm begging you." She suddenly fell on her knees. Jungkook looked down at her and stared at her tears filled eyes. "Why?" He cried. "Why would you do this to me? To us?" He asked, shamelessly crying. She remained silent and avoided his gaze. "I just want to end it. It's too much for me. I don't deserve you. " She said. He kneeled infront of her and cupped her face, making her look at him. She even felt more guilty looking at his crying face, so she closed her eyes and held his hands. "What are you talking about? If one of us isn't good for the other. It would be me, i'm not good enough for you. You're smart, beautiful, talented, thoughtful and caring. JM, you're perfect in my eyes." He said. "I just can't go on like this. Think about your future Jungkook, you haven't even debuted and yet i feel like i'm already causing you trouble." She lied. It wasn't true at all and they both knew that. She just wanted to convince him somehow. He paused for a while then asked, "are you not happy being with me?" He asked. She remained silent and sobbed. "Do you really love me?" He asked another question, but all he got was more sobs. With a collected and straight mind, he stood them both up. "Fine. Let's end this. What's the point if your stuck with me? I can't make you happy, neither can i make you love me sincerely again. I'm sorry if i suffocated you with my affection." He said calmly. He faced her and kissed her on the forehead one last time. Without sparing another glance, he turned his back to her and walked to his house. He unlocked the gate and got inside the house. She too, turned back, unlocked the gate and went inside their house. Immediatelybrunning to her room and locking it. It took a few seconds before she finally broke down hard. "Forgive me Jungkook..." she cried and burried her sobs on her knees.