four

Oneshot/ drabble collection ^^

Word vomit. Characters: Kris(not from exo) / a random girl

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The hospital reeked of a staleness that seemed impossible to break. The walls were painted by long, bloodied trials, seemingly painted by an artist who created his last masterpiece; so much to tell, but ripped of his chance when the stopped near the end of the wall.

The door was left slightly ajar, creaking softly against the wind from the vent above.

Resting on the edge of the risen bed, with legs swinging at a tormenting slow pace, a girl stared back at his face when he peered in, soulless eyes hidden by the fringe that covered half her face.

He inched towards her, hearing his heart thump in his ears; the thumping growing louder, faster when he felt her eyes follow his figure.

The glint in her eyes changed as he stopped in front of her and the sudden smirk that graced her lips sent him buckling to his knees, hands clutching at his head as his eyes widened in fear.

The look she gave him pierced right through his soul and roused the slumbering demon within him.

He felt his blood rush through his veins and he watched in fascination as his fingernails grew at a lightning fast speed to form claws; claws which he used to drag over her face in a swipe, creating a new wound on her porcelain face, blood dripping down her cheek.

His own arms were trembling; a result of struggling against himself, and his breathing was labored as he grew more and more panicked and more and more lost within himself.

In a flash, she had reached out to grab his neck, applying pressure and with a soft cackle, he found himself in the middle of a grass patch. Surprised, he calmed, then stilled. Recognition flickered in his eyes as he looked around. Nostalgia burned his heart and with a shaky breath, the floodgates to his memories crashed open.

Hot. It’s far too hot. It’s so hot that it’s burning him; melting him.

A face, just like the one before him, but calmer and happier, appeared in his mind. But only for a split second, before it became engulfed by a fire that swallowed her whole.

A roar, then an arm swung and crashed into the girl’s side, flinging her away from him. He felt the fire his skin, his wounds; adding on to the agony that contorted his heart. He can feel it then; the pumping of his heart, the rush of his blood through his veins, the adrenaline that made his toes curl in excitement.

Then suddenly there was nothing. Silence ensued as he moved into a crouch.

“Get up.” The voice pierced his mind and he fought to comply with it. He paced towards the girl; feel his limbs tingle in anticipation as the voice chanted, like a mantra in his head: “Kill her. Kill her.”

Body shaking violently, he jerked, only to find himself back in the hospital, limbs restrained to the bed, just like how he had found the girl.

“You’re back,” he heard someone say with a voice so familiar.

“What,” he gasped. “Did you do?”

The girl stood from the chair and walked over to where he laid restrain and brushed his fringe away from his face. Her face was somber as she said, “I broke into your mind.”

He scoffed. “I know.” A hollow laugh followed soon after.

He clenched and unclenched his hand in rhythm; remembering how much he had wanted to bathe them in her blood just mere moments ago. Fingernails dug so deep into his palm, blood started trickling down his clenched fist and staining the bed sheet with blotches of red.

She saw and looked into his eyes. “He wants to kill me.” It was not a question, but rather a statement.

“Or maybe not.” Another clench. “Maybe it’s me.”

“You won’t. You can’t.” she smirked.

“And why not?”

A glint in her eyes and she was grabbing his hair, tilting his head backwards in a painfully awkward manner. Bending low, she hissed low into his ear “because you love me.”

The words made him widen his eyes, and then narrow them into slits, disbelief evident in his gaze.

“You love me,” she repeated. “Jekyll or Hyde; you love me.”

“I don’t believe you,” he mumbled in defense.

He received a hard stare in return and he vaguely felt the breath of warmth air ghost past his eyes before memories and images flickered past his mind involuntarily.

There were images; of him, the girl, a hospital room, a lone wall, and it was only until he saw the two of them together that he realized she was telling the truth. Time seemed to backtrack, and he saw a younger version of them, dressed in black and pulling triggers, eyes cold as blood splattered before them.

“Oh,” he gasped as the images came faster; rewinding further back in time and soon he could follow no longer. He gave up trying to understand and just laid there, letting the memories drown him.

A harsh grip on his sides of his head pulled him out of the tsunami that was his past, and he saw the familiar brown orbs staring back down at him, a look akin to relief in them.

“Remember now?” She gave an unsure smile.

Hands that were released caressed her hair and surprise flitted through her eyes, breaking her cold demeanor. “You’re back,” she whispered at last.

He nodded slowly, and the girl smiled; genuine and warm as her façade broke. His hand trailed from her hair to her face and watched as her face contorted from one of happiness to one of shock and surprise. Her own hands travelled down to her stomach, where she lightly grasped the handle of the knife that was plunged deep into her gut.

“I thought…” she trailed off, gazing at him with hurt.

“Thought,” he echoed after her, amused. “Trust you to still use your brain that is screwed up.”

She stepped back, a hand on the bleeding wound and denied in a whisper, “But you remember.”

With hands propped behind his head, he shrugged nonchalantly. “What you see is only half of the truth.”

“What?” she gasped, taken aback by his sudden change of attitude towards her.

“Manipulation; you’re not the only one.”

“So both Jekyll and Hyde were a lie?”

She stopped as he smirked, only to find herself waking up on a rooftop, the hospital gown hanging loosely on her thin frame. This time, it was her who was restrained, but it was only in the form of shackles on her ankles that bounded her to the wall behind. A slight tug on the shackles showed that they were loose and she easily released her feet, stumbling forwards towards the edge of the roof.

She panicked when she saw the view; people like ants and cars like ink splotches a hundred feet below her toes. The anxiety and nervousness increased dangerously when she realized that she could no longer manage her powers.

It was gone; all gone.

“How?” she crumpled onto the floor in defeat.

Have she been living a life that was made up of nothing but lies all along? Her powers too, were they a lie too?

Impossible.

A snap somewhere in her head, and she got to her feet. Her eyes flamed with anger as she screamed, “Kris!”

Irritation bubbled through her as she frantically tried to find that particular man on the streets. She knew he was somewhere sown there.

And she was right. There he was, still amongst the rushing people, waving at her with a smirk on his face. Her nose flared and her fist clenched the gown flowing in the night breeze.

How dare he mock her like that? How dare he?

No.

She grinned deviously as an idea formed in her head. She stared straight into his eyes as she backed up into the wall and braced herself for the jump.

You’ll die if you jump now.

She froze at the voice and nearly growled in frustration when she realized she used to be able to do the same. Taking a calming breath, she dug her toes into the dirt of the roof and took a step forward.

Stop. She ignored the voice and took another step forward. I’m warning you.

“I don’t care.”  One more step forward. She knew he could hear her.

If you’ve forgotten, you’re not immune to death anymore.

She knew that, but the irrational part of her was making her take the risk. She smiled. He won’t let her die. His only source of entertainment would be gone then.

Balancing on the balls of her feet, she rocked herself back and forth and with a burst, she sprinted forward and felt her toes leave the edge of the roof.

She heard a curse as she fell through the air, feeling the wind in her hair and enjoying the sensation of flying through freedom. She smirked, and hummed praise to herself when the floor that was getting closer to her face fizzled before disappearing and suddenly the wind was cut.

I told you not to do it. She liked how his voice was so annoyed at her.

“But you knew I was going to do it anyway,” she said smugly. “That’s why you made me think I jumped.”

Oh the joy of ruining logic.

He looked at her with annoyance and she had a sliver of doubt that he would make her disappear and she did not want that. But then she saw the humor dancing in his eyes and the slight curve of his lips and her worries dissipated.

She knew it was not their end yet.

 

-oye & tyf

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hello people!!!!!  I know we promised updates but erm...we have a huge exam coming soon and we need to study so... Anyways! This Short fic was created through a game we played during our boring physics lesson whereby we will create a story by continuing each other's sentences. Cool huh? So don't be too harsh on our weird brains and it's not really supposed to have a story plot so okay. HAHAHA!! thanks for reading this yeah? Love you all! ^^

If you guys are interested to know anyway, the first sentence was started by tyf, continued by oye and then to tyf and so on and yeah. This was just a cluster that spanned over many days so I'm very sure this story made no sense because we don't know where we pick up from hahaha. Updates are slow (bc oye gave me a hard prompt) but I'll most probably upload it over the weekends. Our prelims are ending next wed so till then bye! :D Leave us comments too btw criticism or not ^^