Closing with Doojoon

Chic Cafe

It was finally nearing closing time and there were no customers in the cafe. 

After helping you restock the napkins on each table, Kikwang had been sent home. He couldn't be out later than a certain time because of his age.

"Ah, Hyunseung. Can you help me wipe down these tables?" You asked as you saw him come from the back room.

"Actually, I'm on my way out," he told you, swinging his backpack up over his shoulder and readjusting the hanger on his other hand. That must have been his uniform.

"Oh," you nodded and waved as he left.

Now you had to wipe down the tables by yourself and sweep the floors. You went to the back to get another cloth and some all-purpose cleanser. Thankfully, Kikwang had left another clean cloth on the table for you, so you wouldn't have to struggle to reach for another one.

"~~~-ah."

You turned and saw Doojoon waiting in the doorway.

"Hi, Doojoon." You waved and went around him to the front. You started cleaning the tables off, one by one, humming quietly to yourself as you did.

Just as you switched tables, you ran straight into Doojoon. "Ah, sorry!!" you yelled as you backed away.

"It's okay. I just wanted to help with the tables so you could go home," he told you, holding up his own cleaning supplies with a smile. "Oh, not that I want you to go home, but you asked everyone else for help and..."

You stared at him and tilted your head.

"Wait, wait. That's not what I was supposed to say. I meant, I wanted to help you." He smiled awkwardly and went to wipe down a table on the other end of the cafe.

You didn't know what to do, so you continued to wipe down tables in silence. 

After you finished the last dirty table, you went and put your cloth in the sink before turning to start sweeping.

"No, it's okay!" Doojoon said suddenly, gently taking the broom from you. "Your friend is outside waiting for you anyway."

You looked over to the window and saw Yoseob smiling and waving happily. "Ah, thank you, Doojoon!" you said before hurrying to the breakroom to grab your bag.

You took one last look at Doojoon before pushing the door open.

He was sweeping solemnly and slow. He looked up at you and your eyes met. He smiled.

Then Yoseob grabbed your arm and started walking you home, talking about how hard the Biology homework was and what he did for dinner.

----------

O_O

Doojoon...what? Lol, Happy birthday Doojoon! I know his birthday was on the 3rd, but I didn't update yesterday so...yay~!

I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter. I know it was short. The next one will be longer :D please wait for it. c: c: