A Deal

Timeless Sea

"I'm sorry..I'm really sorry.." Serah choked on her words and drooped her head. She casually smoothed one of her hair strands for comfort.

"Skipping classes just to go see a damn statue." Luhan crossed his arms; he was extremely angry after his sister had been called to the office for missing attendance in the remainder of the day's classes.

The two were standing face to face in the middle of the hallway, and Serah felt extremely embarrassed by the number of mermen and mermaid eyes locked on her and her brother. Luhan was scolding her right on the spot.

It was the end of the day, and he was tired of this drama. When would Serah learn to behave and accept the world she truly lived in? She was 18 years old, and she still acted like a child.

The only way to entirely severe her connection with the human’s world was to destroy the artifact she was so obsessed with.

Luhan told his sister to wait inside the school. He sped through the passageway out of the school and to his dismay, he saw the statue to which Serah had decorated with underwater flora. Luhan was thoroughly disgusted by anything from the human’s world and approached the statue with chagrin.

“Fall apart.” He whispered, and his eyes shifted to a orange, brillant color. Luhan violently slammed the statue with his powerful tail, and soon enough, the statue’s structure started to collapse. He frowned as the stones broke apart slowly and ed his body into the stone structure until the entire piece fell apart.

“BROTHER, WHAT ARE YOU DOING?”

Luhan flinched upon hearing his sister’s voice and turned around to see a dismayed Serah swimming over to the statue.

“How..how could you do this to me?” She began crying and picked up the statue’s head; the crown she had taken so much time to design fell apart in her hands. Her eyes streamed with tears as she watched the flora scatter from her statue’s head.

“You need to grow up and stay away from these childish pursuits.” Luhan’s voice was full of gravity, and he grabbed onto Serah’s wrist, dragging her away from the debilitated structure. “Let go of its head.” He scowled.

“It’s not an “it”.” She cried out and slapped her tail against Luhan’s cheek out of anger.

“Serah.” Luhan felt the part where his sister had hit him and frowned. “Come home with me now. You are only becoming more confused with yourself.”

He reached out for her hand, but she backed away, clutching tightly onto her prince’s stone head. “I will not let you do this to me.” He tears flooded down her face, and Luhan hesitated upon seeing the distraught expression on his sister’s face. He bit his lip, feeling weak by her overflowing emotions.

The silence was suddenly cut when Serah turned in a different direction.

“SERAH!” He cried out loudly as his sister swam with extreme speed away from him into the dark flora.

"I'll go get her." A strange female voice resounded in the background.

Luhan's head perked up when he had noticed that Krystal had been watching this whole time. "Uhh.." Before Luhan could make out his words and respond to her offer, Krystal ignored Luhan and hurriedly swam in Serah's direction.

"I can't trust her." "Who is she and what is she scheming?" Luhan whispered under his breath. He picked up the pace and decided to chase after his sister himself using his acute instincts.


"What am I doing?" 

"Where am I going?"

"Is this Sehun's region?" 

Serah swam in arbitrary patterns, following the direction of a school of fish. She was at lost with words and was absolutely tired of her parents and Luhan; she didn't know where she was going, but anywhere away from her family was good. As  she trailed away into her thoughts, she felt herself being pushed by the school of fish. She lost her balance and place among the frenzy and roughly shouldered into a dark rock. She winced at the pain and held onto her injured shoulder for support.

Looking down in shame, lukewarm tears wet the statue’s forehead, and Serah cried to herself as the memories of her first encounter with the prince flashed in her head.

"How could I have already fallen in love with him?” She whispered. “Am I that weak?” She looked into the statues eyes and scrunched her face in sadness.

“I guess I am..”

“If it were only easier..if either the prince were of my species…then I would no longer be as obsessed with the human’s world as I once was..” Serah mumbled to herself quietly and sat on a solid grey rock located by a bush of flora.

“Or if you were the same speciesas him.”

Serah flinched upon hearing Krystal’s icy voice. How did she get here? Had she followed her this whole time? Serah felt violated and wanted so very much to tell Krystal that she, Serah, no longer wanted to be associated with her. Serah’s eyes glowed a faint purple color, and she turned around facing a amused Krystal.

“What do you want?” Serah snapped. Krystal did not flinch, for she was not at all surprised by this response. Clearly, the mermaid was drowned in her emotions at the moment.

“You want to see him. Don’t you?” Krsytal placed her index finger below her chin and smiled. Serah’s face fell, and her eyes turned back to their normal brown color.

“….”

“In exchange for something, Serah, I can give you beautiful legs. You can become human.” Krystal gazed intensely into Serah’s eyes.

“What..what are you saying? What are you?” Serah questioned, confused by Krystal’s udden offer. “You are not a  mermaid are  you?” She pointed her finger at Krystal out of impulse. “What are you planning?” There was hint of fear and distress in Serah’s voice.

“So impolite. A sea sorcerer is giving you such a lovely offer, and you choose to accuse her of wrongdoing.” Krystal responded. “I promise you, little mermaid, that I am indeed what I say I am.” Krystal’s form transformed, and her smooth green tail was replaced by sharper, black scales.  

“..So you are one of those rare sorcerers who still dwell in the sea.” Serah gasped.

"I am." Krystal voice grew bitter, and her penetrating eyes glared into Serah's. 

"We are rare for a tragic reason." The sorcerer narrowed her eyes, and Serah flinched.

There was something dark, haunting, and resentful in the eyes of the sea sorcerer. Something had disturbed Krystal's species, but Serah did not know...better yet she did not remember.

Serah did not respond and only clutched tightly onto the statue of the prince's head. Krystal eyed her act.

"You love him deeply don't you?" The sorcerer asked.

".Yes.." Serah cried out loudly, her emotions sinking into every sound of that one word. She looked so hopelessly lost in her feelings that Krystal let out a chuckle.

"In exchange for your voice, you may become human, mermaid. And then you will be able to meet the prince whom you love so much." 

Serah's eyes widened, and her jaw dropped. "My..my voice?" She asked. "Is there no other way?" 

Krystal frowned. "I find nothing else appealing about you."

Serah scowled upon hearing the sorcerer's comment, but her facial expression shifted to one of worry and discontent. How was she to communicate with the prince if she could not speak? How would he know that it was she who had saved him from his death during the night of the furious storm?

But all these thoughts were shaken away as she remembered his lovely face.

To be by his side voiceless was better than to suffer alone without him in the ocean. Serah bit her lip, unsure of the consequences of her choices.

"So, little mermaid, will you agree with my offer?" Krystal's dark voice broke Serah's train of thoughts. Serah eyed the sorceror who was crossing her arms, impatiently waiting for the mermaid's response.

Was there anything else left? 

If she were to return, she would be in even more trouble. She was already past curfew.

No, I don't want to see them again..No...

"...I  will accept your offer." Serah bowed her head and looked deeply into the sorcerer's eyes. 

"Another thing." Krystal spoke up and pointed her finger at part of the broken statue Serah was holding.

"I may need that too." 

Serah looked at the head of the statue she was holding and swallowed. It wouldn't matter if this were given up. She would be able to see the real prince everyday. It would be alright. She nodded her head, and Krystal smirked.

"Very well. I will brew you a potion now."

"Please follow me."

"Don't be too disturbed. The scent of my collection of treasures will hide your whereabouts from that over-protective brother of yours." Krystal laughed out loudly, and Serah returned a weak smile. The mermaid followed the sorcerer in the direction of her home, her heart beating quickly out of nervewreck.

"She can't be serious." 

Sehun watched from the edge of the dark rock and was entirely shocked by what he had witnessed.


update 9/7/13

alright guys, enjoy the update  <3