Safe

Timeless Sea

*note: Prince Kres is pretty much Kris. I just gave him a diff name.


"Serah." Sehun's head popped up from the water as he spotted Serah tightly holding onto the prince near a rock at shore. His fin clumsily flapped around on the surface for they were not adapted to dry air.

"She's definitely fallen for him." Sehun sighed; there was a slight hint of pain in his tone. 

Yes, he, a member of the dolphin species, was in love with a mermaid. Was there anything wrong with that? They were both fish. However, he so very much wished that he could be with her in the same form and protect her. He felt to so helpless in his small dolphin form. They were approximately the same age, 18 years, but she was longer, far swift and stronger than him. 


"Please don't die." Serah whispered quietly into the prince's ear as she heard less thunder crackle around her. The storm was slowly dying down, but the winds were still rough and unfriendly.

She observed the prince's breathtaking features, and she felt butterflies in her stomach from just looking at him. How could someone have such a peaceful, handsome countenance? She could see that his personality was affectionately gentle, and his words were of the most genuine sweetness. His overall nature seemed kind-hearted and reserved. 

And here she was, holding the most important man of the kingdom. His life was all in her hands, and such a responsibility pressured her. She wanted so very bad to nurse him back to health. But she could not.

"Someone..someone please help him." Serah small yet melodious voice pleaded. She knew that this was as far as she could go to help the prince. She could not walk on land to a shelter for she was a creature of the sea. She frantically glanced around to see if there was anyone..anyone who could help her.

Serah had arrived at a shore where docks were not present. In fact, she had arrived at the shore where a great temple stood before her not too many meters away. She was awestruck by the enormous size and how austere yet mysterious of an aura the temple emitted. Quiet brushes of grass blew against the edifice, and Serah soon noticed a girl around the same age as her run out to retrieve something she had left outside during the storm.

Serah gently laid the prince on the shore and hid behind the rock, patiently watching if the girl would take notice of the unconscious prince. She bit her lip, waiting for the girl to turn her head.

The storm eventually subsided, and rain gently drizzled. The girl was still looking for her missing item. As she scavenged the beach, she noticed a limp body lying on the shore. She stopped searching for her missing item and quickly rushed over to the body's side. To her surprise, as she brushed back the wet hair, she gasped. 

It was the prince.

Serah watched the girl and sighed to herself. 

He will live. She will take care of him.

The girl struggled, but she eventually held onto the prince, and gradually made her way back to the temple where warmth in the form of light and candles was present. 

Serah saw the door close, and she very much wished that she could have been the girl. She wished that she could have been the one to watch over the prince as his health was gradually restored. She wanted to stay by his side. Such feelings would not escape from the apex of her mind.

She wanted to give him care.

But she could not.

She was not human.

Turning back around, Serah noticed Sehun staring right at her. Realizing how much time she had wasted, she sighed to herself and hurried over to Sehun's side. "I'm sorry. That was certainly more than a peek."

Sehun blankly stared at Serah and nodded his head.

"Let's head back. Your parents are probably worried by now." He commented, and Serah's stomach dropped.

She would be in so much trouble.

Sehun's body dived underwater, and Serah did the same thing. It would take a while for them to return to Atlantis. She had lost track of time when her curiosity was initially running wild. It would probably take her and Sehun hours to reach home. Serah bit her lip and silently scolded herself for being so irresponsible and scatter-brained.

But all of these thoughts slowly dissolved as she swam.

She could not stop thinking about the prince. 

Such a beautiful creature, whose bright eyes cast such a calm gaze upon his men. 

His face had been engraved in her heart.  


update 8/15/13

somehow, short, fast updates seem better for me. iono. i will adjust accordingly.