First Day Pt.2

MAKNAE ACADEMY {Hiatus}

 

Sungjong's POV
We made it to the office and my Mom and a young looking man were outside waiting. 
"Where were you?" My mom asked eagerly. I tried my best to act normal. 
"I was...." I paused for a bit. "Making new friends!" I said. She didn't question further and took me to Meet the possibly young stranger. 
"Mr. Shim, this is my son Sunjong." My mom said proudly. The man named Mr. Shim examined me from head to toe.
"Hello Sungjong! My name is Shim Changmin, I am the school's headmaster!" He said happily. I nodded slowly to show that I was listening. He didn't look like he could be the headmaster though. He was still very young.
"We are very excited to have you here." He continued. "Is this going to be your first year in highschool?" He questioned. I nodded my head with a slight smile. 
"Well you're going to love it here!" He said reassuringly. 
"Ren." Mr.Shim called the boy next to me. I forgot he was still here.
"Give them a tour around the school then bring them back here so I can assign Sungjong his classes." Mr. Shim said. 
"Yes, sir." He replied and turned towards me and my mother. 
"Ready to go?" Ren asked me. 
"Sure, let's go." I said. Ren started walking down the hallway and we followed after him.
 
After a half-an-hour tour, we returned to the Office and Mr. Shim seemed to be waiting again. 
He greeted us with his usual smile.
"I have your schedule ready and the keys to your new dorm" He informed me as he handed me my schedule and a pair of keys. 
"Classes will be dismissed soon. You will start tomorrow,so for now, head to your dorm, or you can eat at the mess hall later." I nodded taking in all the information. 
"I will show you to your dorm, You can leave now Mrs. Lee. Your son is in good hands here." He reassured my mom. 
"Ok, I'll be going soon." She said then turned to me. 
"Be a good boy!" She told me and gave me a quick hug.
"Bye umma!" I said and waved to her when she left the campus. 
"I better go too, Jae is waiting for me." Ren said and left for the mess hall.
"Now let me show you to your dorm." Mr.Shim said and we headed to my new room. 
We passed by a lot of students and all of them were greeting Mr.Shim. 'He is really respected by the students around here, I guess he is the headmaster after all.' I thought to myself. 
 
We finally made it to my dorm. Mr.Shim had paper work due and left me standing in the hall alone. 
I took out my keys and unlocked the door to the dorm. I walked inside and examined the room. It was a pretty big dorm. There were two beds, one on each side of the room and individual desks placed near the beds. The left side seemed to be occupied. 'Guess I got the right side then.'  I carried my bags to the empty bed and sat down. 'I wonder who my new roommate is' Just as I thought that I heard a knock on the door. 
"Coming!" I said to whoever was knocking. I got off my bed and went to answer the door. When I opened it a boy stood before me. He was tall and had black hair. 
"Hi, you must be the new kid. Im Gong Chanshik, but call me Gongchan. He introduced himself with a smile. He put his hand out for me to shake. I took it comfortably and smiled back at him.
"My name is  Lee Sungjong." I replied. We retracted from our handshake. 
"Are you my roommate?" I asked him. He shook his head.
"Ani, but I know who your roommate is" He said.
"Really who?" I asked eagerly. I really wanted to know who my roommate was. Gongchan was about to say who but was cut off when someone called his name. 
"Gongchan!" We turned to look for the person who called Gongchan's name. We saw another boy running down the hall. 
"Speak of the devil" Gongchan said jokingly. I laughed at his statement.  I examined the boy who was running towards us. 
'That boy looks very familiar' I thought and tilted my head to the said. 
"Hey Taemin!" He waved to the running boy. 
"Taemin?!" I was surprised.
It wasn't long till the said boy was standing next to Gongchan, though he didn't seem to notice me. 
"Gongchan, hurry! Kookie's is in the nurses again!" Taemin said worriedly. He looked really anxious. Gongchan's eyes widened at Taemin's statement. 
"What happened this time?" He asked in an irritated tone.
"He tried to get in a fight again....this time with a 3rd year student." Taemin answered. Gongchan gave an exasperated sigh. 
"Ok, I'll go check on him. Tae, do me a favor and keep the new boy company, would you?" He said to Taemin. 
"There's a new boy?" He asked in surprise. Gongchan nodded. 
"Where is he?" Tae asked, he still hasn't noticed me yet. I mentally face palmed myself. 
"He's right behind you" Gongchan replied, and motioned to me. Taemin followed to where he pointed to and his gaze landed on me. He looked rather confused and surprised. He cocked his head to the side with one brow raised. 
"Hey Taemin, long time no see!" I said enthusiastically. Catching the attention of the confused boy.
"Sungjong?! Since when did you go here?" He asked still surprised.
"I got a scholarship to go here." I said. His face shot up immediately.
"Jjinja? Well it's about time you go here." He said excitedly. We both laughed which made Gongchan confused now.
"Wait, so you two know eachother?" He asked. 
"Nae, Sungjong is my cousin." Taemin simply stated. I nodded as a sign of approval. Gongchan looked less confused now. He hummed in response. 
"I better get going now." He said and left to the nurses office. Taemin and I were standing there waiting till Gongchan was out of sight. When he was, my stomach grumbled and I tried to cover it up. 
Taemin laughed at me and patted my shoulder. 
"Let's go down to the mess hall now." He said and I agreed quickly. 
 
We made our way down to mess hall. When we arrived I saw Ren and Sungjae eating together. They were feeding each other. Taemin walked over to the table where the couple was and I followed him. We both sat down across from the couple and they didn't seem pay us any attention. They continued to feed each other and have their own conversation with their facial expressions. This went on till Taemin had to 'clear his throat'. The two were still enveloped in their couple activities. He tried again and made this one more noticeable than the first. I puffed my cheeks and Taemin sighed. He tried something else to get their attention. He got up and walked behind the couple. He separated the two love birds and sat between them, acting like nothing happened. "So what's for lunch?" he asked casually.
The couple both gave him a glare and sighed before eating for themselves. I couldn't help but laugh at the sudden intrusion Taemin had commited. Ren and Sungjae noticed me laughing and looked surprised. They were about to ask a question before Taemin cut them off.
"You guys know my cousin Sungjong right?" 
"Nae, we met him this morning" Said Sungjae.
"Ren gave me and Umma a tour around the school!" I said excitedly. Taemin nodded approvingly. 
"Good, that way I don't have to show you around myself then." He said teasingly and stuck his tongue out at me. I stuck mine out and the couple laughed at our teasing game. It wasn't long till Gongchan joined us, but he didn't come alone. A young looking boy followed behind him. He had a bruise on his cheek and had messy, jet black hair. He looked kinda young for a high schooler. He stuck to Gongchan never leaving his side. Gongchan sat next to me and the boy sat next to Gongchan. Everyone ate in silence except for the young boy who was picking at his food. I stared at the boy and inspected him quietly, though it seemed like he knew I was watching him. He was looking down at his food while playing with his finger. He had no expression on his face.  I continued staring till Gongchan finally broke the silence. 
"Oh, I almost forgot. Sungjong, this is Jungkook. Jungkook this is Sungjong." He finally introduced us. I waved to the quiet boy and he looked at me with a straight face before looking down again. 
'Ok?' I thought to myself as i stopped waving and slowly put my hand down. I looked down like he did and pouted. Gongchan nudged my side and whispered in my ear. 
"Hey, don't take it personally. Kook is just a little, shy." He said reassuringly. I nodded my head in understanding. 
"Ok." Was all I could say. I continued to eat my lunch without watching Jungkook. Everything grew quiet in the mess hall. Suddenly I heard a group of laughter thinking it was Ren Taeming and Sungjae. When I looked up at them, they seemed as confused as I was. I looked around for the source and I stopped looking when I saw a familiar group of guys (minus one).
They were laughing at a boy who was face planted on the floor. Probably because one of those jerks tripped him.  
"Someone has got to stop them!" I said and scoffed at their childish acts. 
"Nobody has the guts to stand up to them." Gongchan stated.
"Yeobo, you gotta do something." Ren whined to Sungjae.
"Why should I?" He questioned while continuing to eat. 
"Because their your friends." He said expectantly. Sungjae scoffed like he couldn't care less and was given a death glare from his now angry boyfriend. Sungjae sighed and was about to get up when Taemin stood up walked over to the laughing group of boys. 
"Taemin what are you doing?! your'e gooing to get hurt!" Gongchan said in a worried voice. The said boy didn't pay any attention to Gongchan's warning and continued walking towards the group of jerks. Gongchan and I stood up to go after him but he was already behind the boy with the serious expression.  
"Hey!" Taemin yelled at the group of boys.