First Day

MAKNAE ACADEMY {Hiatus}

 

Sungjong's POV
"Ahhh, there it is!!!" I exclaimed as I saw the front gate of the big campus. 'I've been riding in this car for over 2 hours, and we're finally here!' I thought to myself.
"I can't wait to start!" I said excitedly. I smiled to myself and jumped up and down in my seat to emphasize my joy. My mother giggled and continued to drive through the entrance of the school. 
"Sungjong-ah, I'm think of adopting again but this time someone younger than you." I looked at my mom disapprovingly and she only laughed at my expression. Yes my mom has adopted other kids and they were all older than me. I have 5 older brothers who were adopted except for my older brother, Sungyeol. But I was close to them nonetheless. 
Anyways, back to the story.
 We pulled into a parking space and made our way to the Headmaster's office. As we entered the school there were a lot of people hanging outside of the builiding and waiting in the hall. I 
heard a lot of squeals coming from one of the hallways. I decided to look at the direction of the squeals and saw a huge mob of girls. Bright flashes could be seen from between the mob. 'I wonder what the big commotion is about' I thought. I made my way over to the screaming fangirls, leaving my mom to find her way to the office. I tried to get a good view of what the mob was looking at. I tried to push through them but ended up being pushed back out. I stood on my tiptoes to, but that made no difference. I stood there trying to look trough the crowd but it only got bigger. Soon girls were pushing each other out of the way and during one of the fits I was pushed down landing on my bum. 
"Oww!" I groaned in pain, and started massaging my aching bottom. 
"Need a hand?" I heard a soft voice say. 
"I looked up to see a hand in front of my face and looked up to see who's hand it was. very pretty stranger stood before me holding their hand out. I took their hand immediately and stood up while dusting off my clothes. I looked to the person who helped me. They had long blonde hair and a very slim figure, a little slimmer than mine. I couldn't tell if they were a guy or a girl. I decided it was not ask them.
"Hi, my name is Minki but you can call me Ren!" The pretty stranger said joyfully. 'So you're a boy' I thought to myself. He gave me a  smile and I gave one in return. 
"I'm Sungjong, nice to meet you" I held out my hand and he shook it happily. 
"What are they fangirling about?" I asked Ren. 
"They're fangirling over the 5 boys who think they run the school." He stated. Just as he said that, I could see in the center of the crowd. Five boys were standing in the middle of it. One of the boy at the end had dirty-blonde hair and was really tall, He didn't even look like a that young. On the other side another boy seemed to be a little bit taller and had blue hair, he had baby face besides his height. Another boy with a rather serious expression stood next to the tall blonde. He had brown hair and he didn't look the least bit interested in the girls drooling over him. His cold expression never changed not even a little bit. A boy who was a little bit shorter than the blue haired one was smiling and posing at the girls taking pictures. He had dark brown hair and a big smile that you could see from a mile away. And in between them all stood a guy with red hair. He was a little bit shorter than the others, but he was the most handsome out of the five. I stared at the five with my mouth agape. "Don't drool now." I heard Ren playfully say. I closed my gaping mouth and looked at Ren again.
"Who are they?" I asked again. 
"They're the maknaes who run the school, the kingkas." He stated. 
"On the far left is Dongwoon and Sehun, they're the serious ones. A lot of people are scared of them. When ever those two are around, people immediately stop what they're doing and wait for them to leave. And on the right is Junhong and Sungjae, those two always get into trouble but they make everyone laugh. It's ok to talk and joke around with them. But don't get on their bad sides. And last but not least theres Changjo, he's the one in the middle. He has the most fangirls in this school. Probably because of his bad-boy look. But he's a jerk, so if I were you I'd stay away from him." 
Ren finished explaining. I looked at the group of boys and the guy in the middle saw me staring at them. He had a smirk on his face and it wasn't that friendly the way he did it. I turned my head to Ren again and I looked at him questioningly. 
"How do you know so much about them?" I asked suspiciously. 
Ren chuckled at me and shrugged his shoulders. 
"Well actually, I'm dating one of them." He said casually. 
"Jjinja?! And who are you dating?" I questioned him. 
My question was soon answered when I heard an unfamiliar voice call Ren.
"Hey Rennie!" The boy named Sungjae said. He walked over to us and put his arm on Ren's shoulder. Ren chuckled at his skinship. 
"Hey Jae!" He replied happily and gave his boyfriend a kiss on the cheek. The mob of girls noticed and stared at the two love birds. I stared awkwardly at the floor when they were holding each others hands and talking. Ren finally noticed my awkward situation and cleared his throat to break the awkward atmosphere. 
"Sungjong, this is my boyfriend, Sungjae. Jae, this is the new kid Sungjong." Ren introduced us. We both looked at each other in awe. It was like looking into a mirror. We had copied each others  movements while examining the other and we finally stopped when he held his hand out to me.
"Nice to meet you Sungjong!" He said happily. I shook his hand eagerly and smiled. 
"Nice to meet you too!" I replied. Ren laughed at us, but who could blame him? We both looked kinda alike, same hair style, same hair color, even our height difference wasn't that much. But you could still tell us apart from our voices.
"Well I gotta get to class early, I'll see you at lunch Ren!" He gave a kiss to Ren and went off. 
"I better get to the office." I said and took one step, then turned back to Ren completely forgetting where I was supposed to go.
"You wouldn't know where the Headmaster's office is, would you Ren?" I asked him. He giggled in response 
"Yes I do." He said. "Follow me."  Ren motioned. Ren lead the way to the office. I looked back at the Mob who was now slowly shrinking. 'I wonder where the others went.' As I thought that, *BUMP!* I fell on the floor again.
"Ok I need to watch where people are coming from." I told myself. I heard someone laugh obnoxiously. I saw who the laugh was coming from. It came from the guy with red hair, Changjo. He had a smirk on his face.
"Whoa, you ok there kid?" He said sarcastically. 
"Who are you calling a kid!" I retorted. He only laughed at my raised voice. 
"Hey relax. I was just trying to be nice" He said and lent me a hand to get up. There was a slight tease in his voice but I just shrugged it off. I was about to grab his hand when he suddenly pulled it away. I gripped the air where his hand used to be. He laughed at my fail to grab his hand and I rolled my eyes out of annoyance. 
"You are so immature!" I said aloud. People began to stare at our little scene.  
"What, you don't know how to have a little fun?" He said teasingly and put his hand out in front of my face. This time I didn't take it and smacked it away. 
"If you think I'm gonna fall for that again, think twice!" I snapped.
"Sure you don't need any help princess?" He said sneeringly, a smirk still visible on his face. 
"I don't need any help, especially from a jerk like you!" I yelled. And that wiped the smirk off his face. His teasing expression changed and he pulled me off the ground with one hand. He grabbed my collar and looked in my eyes. His eyes were angry at first then I saw a hint of loneliness in them. I felt sorry for him until his eyes went straight back to anger, but he let go as fast as it changed. He walked away hastily leaving me there. I held my chest. 'What was that all about?' I looked towards the direction where he left off to. 'And why is it beating so fast?' I looked for Ren to see if he was nearby. Lucky for me he wasn't. I walked towards opposite way from where Changjo went. I was so overwhelmed by my thoughts that I didn't notice Ren call my name. 
"Sungjong!" I snapped out of my thoughts and looked up to meet Ren
"Are you ok?" He asked me worriedly. I nodded my head to his question and gave a small smile.
"Well the office is the just down the hall, c'mon." He said. I followed the him to where the office was.. 
'I hope that it's not gonna be like this everyday.'