Chapter 15 - Half a Decade

You Are The Only Exception

 

Half a decade later ..
 
Nichkhun's POV
 
'During the past 5 years we all graduated to continue into the world as adults fully matured from our high school days. Wooyoung and I both work at the same office building with Donghae working in an office just down the street. Despite their arguments, Wooyoung and Taeyeon stayed together through their disputes and all in fact, they even have a child! A child which they very much fight over. They are in a war zone very much 24/7 over poor little Woohyun. They are married with a 3 year old child and living happily. Donghae and Yoona? Well eventually, Donghae mustered up the courage to date Yoona again and they are soon to be married. I'm glad.. That in this life, I believe I chose the right woman although at times I couldn't help but think, what if? What if the woman by my side was Yoona? But I have passed that stage. I believe no - I know that the decision I had made 5 years ago, was the right one.'
 
Back to the Author/Narrator POV :)
 
Tick..Tock..Tick..Tock..Tick..Tock
 
Nichkhun sat in his chair staring at the clock tapping his fingers on his desk impatiently. Letting out a sigh of relief, he stood up from his chair and gathered his papers. Popping them into his messenger bag along with his laptop, he clipped the flap and pulled the strap over his shoulder. He left the room and as he did so, he bid farewell to his secretary. "See you next Monday, Sooyoung! You should get off work soon." He smiled as she nodded and waved. Stepping into the elevator, he pushed the button 16. As the elevator descended, he smiled at the frail old lady stood next to him. Her eyes wouldn't leave his face so he could do nothing but smile at her. He bowed and waved as he left the elevator, which had reached the 16th floor. When he arrived down the corridor at Wooyoung's office he grinned and nodded at the secretary before knocking on the glass door. Poking his head into the room, Nichkhun smiled at his best friend before pointing at the clock. Wooyoung, who was immersed in his work for once, immediately began packing his stuff before leaving with his best friend. "Let's go grab some coffee and go and meet Donghae," Nichkhun said before they ran across the road when there was no cars. In his head, he heard Tiffany scolding him about how 'You should cross the road at traffic lights when the green man appears!' After buying their regular coffee, they began walking to Donghae's office building. Donghae was waiting for them in the lobby and Nichkhun passed him his coffee. "Here you go, the usual!" He grinned before the three men set off to their individual cars and headed off towards the Horvejkul household. "Honey we're home!" Nichkhun greeted before holding the door open for his two friends behind him. Throwing his empty coffee cup into the bin, he walked into the kitchen and wrapped his arms around his wife. "Good afternoon honey," he said as he gave her a peck on the cheek. "Welcome home," she replied as she continued to wash the dishes. "How is the love of my life today then?" He asked, resting his chin on her shoulder where it seemed to fit perfectly. "Really good" she replied. "And our little baby?" he asked, placing his hand on her stomach. "Well.. She has been missing her daddy," she said as she turned around drying her hands on her apron before putting them around Nichkhun's neck. He bent down to kiss her lips as she tilted her head upwards. 
 
When Nichkhun left, Donghae and Wooyoung made their way to the living room to settle down. "Yah!! How did you get here! You should be careful with our baby in your stomach!" Wooyoung yelled at Taeyeon as Woohyun ran towards his father. "Aigoo.. I'm absolutely fine! I got here safely and besides, Yoona drove! Worry some husband!" She said pinching his ear as he sat down. 
 
Donghae walked over to where his fiancée was sitting before giving her a light kiss as he settled down next to her. 
 
When the couple from the kitchen, settled down also, Tiffany on the edge of the sofa and Nichkhun on the arm rest, the chatter began. "Hello Hyunnie!" Nichkhun greeted as he ruffled the hair of the little boy who had immediately left his father's arms as his uncle Khun had appeared into sight. "Samchon!!" He called as hugged the leg of his father's brother like friend. "So where was it you all wanted to go eat? Eating in or out? We have one night to waste before we get on that flight to Spain so we should enjoy our time." Donghae asked, his right arm wrapped around Yoona. "Out!" Woohyun shouted as he heard his other uncle pop the question. "Hmm.." Nichkhun looked at the two pregnant ladies questioningly. "Let's go! I've really wanted to get out of the stuffy house." Tiffany grinned as Taeyeon nodded in agreement. "Well.. You know, if the wife wants to go then we have to go" Nichkhun chuckled as Tiffany hit him on the back. "All right then, it's a date!"
 
"Which car do you want to sit in Woohyun?" asked Wooyoung. "Samchon!" he shouted. Donghae's head immediately shot up to look at Woohyun. "Which one?" Wooyoung asked looking down disappointed that he hadn't chosen to sit with his own father. "Uncle Khun!" he grinned before Donghae sighed in disappointment and got into his car. "Tough luck!" Yoona grinned before placing a peck on his cheek and pulling her seatbelt. Nichkhun picked up Woohyun and placed him into the car seat, which he had already bought for his own baby. Strapping Woohyun in, he kissed him on the cheek before telling him "Wait here okay? Samchon is going to go and fetch Imo." He opened the door to the passenger seat before running into the house to fetch his wife and help her down the steps. Wooyoung did this also as Nichkhun and Tiffany made their way to their car. Carefully helping her in, he pulled her seatbelt before leaning over her and plugging it in. As he pulled himself back out of the car again, he pulled Tiffany's lips to his own. "Ahhhhhh!" Woohyun screamed covering his eyes with his two little hands. "Umma! Appa!" he cried for his parents. Nichkhun and Tiffany chuckled at the little boy who was grossed out by his Auntie and Uncle. 
 
Wooyoung opened the door and strapped Taeyeon in as Khun had did so before Taeyeon yelled at him. "Yah! I'm not a baby you know!?" She smacked him on the head. He dropped his head shutting the door as he made his way to the driver's seat. 
 
Nichkhun's car was first with Wooyoung's behind and Donghae's following. Without having to speak with the others, Nichkhun knew exactly where they should eat. Nichkhun glanced up at the rear view mirror towards the child sitting at the back. "Don't unfasten your seat belt okay, Woohyun?" he said as he watched the child fiddling with his seatbelt. The child released the straps as he replied to his uncle. "Okay." Nichkhun's eyes returned to the road as he placed a hand on Tiffany's thigh. He looked over and grinned at his wife. She grinned at him also as she placed her hand on top of his. 
 
Wooyoung was driving as he turned up the volume of the radio. He gasped when one of his favourite songs playing. "Jeongmalleoneun jeongmal mot malryeo. Babo!" He sang as Taeyeon rolled her eyes. "You know you want to sing too!" He grinned as they both burst into song.
 
"Neomu banjjak banjjak nuni busyeo No No No No No
Neomu kkamjjak kkamjjak nollan naneun Oh Oh Oh Oh Oh" they sang as they did the actions. "Hey! Keep your hands on the wheel Wooyoungie-yah!" She shouted at him. 
 
Donghae and Yoona looked over to the crazy couple in the car next to them as they came to a traffic light. When the light turned green, they continued driving as they saw the couple burst into song leaving them in laughing fits. "Aigoo!" Yoona called. "I can't believe we are going to be married this time, a fortnight from now.." He grinned as he held Yoona's hand. "Yeah.. You really changed for me," she grinned as he smiled leaning over towards her hinting at her to kiss his cheek. "Aigoo.." She said as she planted a kiss on his cheek fulfilling his wish. 
 
"Woohyun-ah look!" Tiffany pointed out of the window to a man in a Pororo suit. Woohyun stuck his face on the glass to peer outside. "Pororo!" He shrieked. "We can go take a picture with him afterwards okay?" Nichkhun smiled as he carried on driving. 
 
When they had finally found spaces in an underground car park, they headed towards the restaurant. Nichkhun held Tiffany around the waist as she held onto Woohyun's hand tightly. He wouldn't let neither of them near the roadside saying that "Anything can happen!" Wooyoung and Taeyeon followed, Wooyoung pushing Woohyun's empty stroller. Behind them, Donghae and Yoona walked hand in hand gazing at their friends before them. It was nice, the fact that they were all still so closely knit throughout the years. 
 
When they arrived at the restaurant, Nichkhun greeted the owner. "Annyeong Ahjussi! It's been a while! How have you been?" he said as a stout, aged man walked towards them. "Ah! Khun! Wooyoung!" he smiled as he greeted them and he shook their hands firmly. "I'm well and you all seem to be also. I see you have brought your lovely wives again today. Nice to meet you again." he smiled as he extended his hand to shake Tiffany's and then Jessica's. "Annyeong" Yoona and Donghae bowed. "Hello! No need to be formal here! We're all like family. It's nice to meet you." He said as he shook their hands.
 
"So what can I get you my son?" the man asked as he put his hand around Nichkhun's shoulder. "Table for 7 please" he grinned. "All right my boy, follow me." The man told Nichkhun as the manager and Nichkhun walked off chatting away with everyone else following closely behind. 
 
Nichkhun pulled out a chair for Tiffany to sit down before picking up Woohyun and placing him into the high chair that the man had brought over. "What do you want to eat?" Wooyoung asked Taeyeon as she pouted at the menu, unsure of which to choose out of two different dishes she loved very much. Yoona and Donghae quietly sat discussing their dishes. Nichkhun's eyes scanned the menu. "What would you like, honey?" Nichkhun asked looking up at his wife. "Mmm.." Tiffany furrowed her eyebrows thinking. "I want some steak.." she said thinking. "Okie dokie!" he grinned. Looking over to Woohyun, he asked the little boy "What about you young man? Do you want noodles or r-" "NOODLES" the boy shouted grinning. Nichkhun quickly reached over to cover the boy's mouth as he turned to look behind him bowing his head at all the turned faces. Looking back to Woohyun, he placed a finger on his lips before whispering "Shhh.. Indoor voices okay?" Woohyun nodded before continuing to play with the chopsticks placed on the table. "Are you all ready to order?" he asked. After being replied with nods, he waved the waiter over. "Ah! Ahjumma!" Wooyoung exclaimed smiling at the old lady before him. "Aigoo if it isn't Wooyoung and Nichkhun!" she greeted. "And their wives and friends" she smiled as she bowed, greeting everyone else sat around the table. "Well what can I get you my dears?"
 
Nichkhun smiled at Yoona and Donghae urging them to order first. After them Wooyoung and Taeyeon ordered before Nichkhun ordered for Woohyun, Tiffany and himself. "Can I have one Japchae and a steak please." he said. "With what sauce would you like the steak dear?" she asked as she nodded her head, jotting down the order onto her notebook. "Mm.. Whatever you would recommend Ahjumma. Oh yes and can we have that steak well done please?" he asked much to Tiffany's disappointment. "Sorry honey.. No undercooked meats for a pregnant woman." he apologised to his wife next to him. "Yes I know.. Look at what you put mummy through baby girl!" she whispered patting her baby bump earning laughs around the table. The Ahjumma grinned before asking for their drinks.
 
"Yah! Woohyun! Why are you sitting next to Uncle Khun and Auntie Yoona!? What about Appa and Umma?" Wooyoung asked, pretending to be jealous. "Because I like Uncle Khun and Auntie Yoona!" the boy grinned. "You don't like Appa?" Wooyoung pouted. "No! Woohyun loves Appa!" this answer pleased Wooyoung so he sat back satisfied. "Okay then." They all burst into laughter as their drinks came. "Orange juice for Hyunnie!" Nichkhun said receiving it from the waitress and popping it onto the table before taking off the wrapping from a straw and placing it into the glass. He lifted the glass over towards Woohyun's mouth to let him drink it before placing it back. 
 
Soon after, their orders arrived and Nichkhun began slicing up all of Tiffany's food for her. "Aigoo! I'm jealous Khunnie! Cut mine!" Yoona sighed at the couple before passing her plate over to Nichkhun. Donghae put his hand on her plate with a jealous look. "Sorry! This service is for my wife only." Nichkhun chuckled before smiling at his wife who was rolling her eyes jokingly before smiling back at him. "I'll cut it for you!" Donghae grinned grabbing her plate. "You? No I'm okay!" She laughed jokingly pulling it back in front of her. Donghae pouted earning laughs from everyone.
 
Wooyoung was happily eating his food and looking away. His food seemed to be disappearing quickly. He looked away once more before turning around to see Taeyeon popping a piece of his chicken into . "Yah! That's where my food went!" he said before taking a mouthful of her food. She grinned innocently acting as if it wasn't her. "Aigoo.. This wife!" he said as he lent over to peck her on the cheek. 
 
When they had paid the bill and bid farewell to the Ahjussi and Ahjumma, they began to take a stroll around the city. Nichkhun carried Woohyun looking around for the person in the Pororo costume, who they had spotted earlier that day. "I think Pororo went home to sleep Hyunnie." Tiffany said patting the boy on the head as she continued to push his empty stroller. 
 
Woohyun began to pout ready to turn on the waterworks. "Hold on! How about Samchom gets you some ice cream!?" Nichkhun grinned before putting Woohyun onto the floor and running along towards the ice cream stand, the young boy's small hand in his. "A single scoop Chocolate ice cream and a double scoop Green Tea and Strawberry ice cream both in cones please" Nichkhun said before asking if anyone else wanted any ice cream. Wooyoung and Taeyeon shared a mango flavoured ice cream in a cone as Donghae and Yoona shared scoops of Vanilla ice cream in a tub. Nichkhun paid the man before accepting his change. Nichkhun strapped Woohyun into the stroller and gave him his ice cream before pushing the stroller for Tiffany and giving her their ice cream. She took a bite from the strawberry scoop before moving the green tea ice cream towards Nichkhun so that he could eat some. 
 
After ten minutes or so, they stopped at a bench so that the two pregnant ladies could take a seat. Nichkhun looked over at the sleeping Woohyun. He disposed of the melting ice cream before wiping the boy's hands and mouth. Using another tissue, he wiped his wife's mouth and then his own. 
 
They soon decided to return to the house to get some sleep ready for their early morning flight. 
 
BEEP BEEP BEEP!
 
Nichkhun shot up out of bed before getting into the shower. He brushed his teeth and checked that his own stuff and his wife's were all packed. He bent over to peck his wife on the cheek before brushing her hair back and waking her up. "Wake up honey.. Come on, go shower and brush your teeth and then we will head to the airport." He said before leaving the room to wake his friends. 
 
He rubbed his damp hair with the towel hanging around his neck before knocking on the first guest room door. "Morning, wake up! It's 2:45! Flight is at 7:15!" Khun called before doing calling the same after knocking on the next guest room door. 
 
After about 45 minutes, Tiffany was sat on the sofa carrying a sleeping Woohyun in her arms. Nichkhun carried all of his suitcases towards his car and placed them in the boot and made sure everything was there including his messenger bag containing his laptop. When Wooyoung and Taeyeon appeared, Nichkhun picked up Woohyun and took him towards the car where Wooyoung was placing his and Taeyeon's suitcases into the car boot. 
 
He placed Woohyun into the car seat as Wooyoung buckled him in. Nichkhun ran back towards the house before helping Taeyeon down the steps and continuing into the living room. "Thanks Khun!" Taeyeon said before continuing to hobble towards Wooyoung. Stepping into the house, he pulled Tiffany's hand bag from her lap and placed it over his own shoulder. He picked her up and carried her towards the car. He placed her into the passenger seat and buckled her in before reclining the seat for the sleeping Tiffany. He placed her handbag in her lap and shut the door. Yoona and Donghae were ready in the back seat of the car waiting for Nichkhun who ran into the house making sure all windows were securely shut, all lights were switched off and all taps were not dripping. He left the house and locked the door before twisting the handle to be sure. He made his way towards his car and started the engine before they were off to the airport. 
 
Nichkhun pulled into a McDonald's drive in as Wooyoung's car followed. He ordered a burger and two sets of chips (fries) and ordered for Yoona and Donghae. He opened up his burger before continuing driving. When Tiffany woke up, he offered her a bite of his burger. She chewed as she began to roll up her seat into a sitting position. Yoona and Donghae sat in the back munching away, immersed in conversation. Tiffany grabbed a set of fries before popping one into Nichkhun's mouth. Nichkhun gave Tiffany another bite of his burger before popping the rest into his mouth. Tiffany continued to feed herself and her husband the chips as they continued on their way towards the airport. 
 
Upon arrival, Nichkhun grabbed two trolleys (carts?) before placing the luggage onto them. Taeyeon and Wooyoung used one cart and Donghae and Yoona shared Nichkhun's. Donghae offered to push the cart as Nichkhun helped Tiffany out of the car. He locked the car before helping Taeyeon to push Woohyun who was in his stroller fast asleep. He let Tiffany push the pushchair to give her support. He placed both arms around her with his hands ontop of hers so he could help her push Woohyun and support her. When they checked in, they felt a lot lighter having got rid of a lot of baggage and Woohyun's stroller. Nichkhun placed his and Tiffany's boarding passes and passports into her handbag before they continued towards the gate area. By 5:45, they had passed through security and were waiting for their gate number to show up on screen. 
 
After waiting for about 45 minutes, they continued to their gate and got in line to board. They were allowed to board the plane first because of Woohyun who was fast asleep in his father's arms. 
 
There were 3 seats, on each side, by the windows and 4 in the middle. Wooyoung and Taeyeon sat in 37I and J with Nichkhun and Tiffany sat in seats 36I and 36J with Yoona and Donghae in front in seats 35I and 35J. Tiffany, Wooyoung and Yoona were sat by the windows all overlooking the wings of the plane. 
 
A rather large man sat next to Donghae and a middle aged woman sat next to Nichkhun. All of them sat bored throughout the whole demonstrations showed by the cabin crew. When they had finally taken off, Nichkhun pointed out of the window towards the view bringing smiles to an awestruck Tiffany. 
 
Wooyoung tried to wake Woohyun up to see the plane take off but the boy was fast asleep. Taeyeon soon fell fast asleep on Wooyoung's shoulder. Not long after, Wooyoung fell asleep also, with sleeping Woohyun held tightly in his arms. 
 
Nichkhun was soon fast asleep on Tiffany's shoulder. 'He must be tired,' she thought, his hair and planting a kiss on his head before earning a few stares from a few cabin crew members who clearly had the hots for him. She smiled knowing that he also knew that their eyes never left him but still, his eyes never left her. 
 
The energy filled couple behind them were sat listening to an audiobook on Donghae's phone and sharing headphones. Donghae held Yoona's hand in his and gave her a soft kiss which she happily accepted. 
 
After two hours, Tiffany had woken up. A few minutes later, Nichkhun woke up also to find the woman, who appeared to be a few years older than him, was leaning on him fast asleep. 
 
Confused at what to do, he looked over to a jealous looking Tiffany. "Honey.." he said and she turned away. Nichkhun didn't have the heart to wake the woman up from her sleep so he leant over to recline her seat for her and he removed her head from him. 
 
He looked over to Tiffany who was staring out of the window and he put his hands on her face turning her towards him. Tears were streaking her face. 'Hormones..' He wiped away her tears and captured her lips with his. He knew she wasn't angry because she didn't refuse him. 
 
Donghae who was sat in front of Nichkhun had a very different situation. He looked over at the weight on his shoulder and placed a napkin by the man's mouth hoping to avoid any contact with saliva. The gentleman beside him was fast asleep. Yoona, sat next to Donghae, was cackling. 
 
Soon enough, the cabin crew was bringing lunch down in a cart. Wooyoung woke up Woohyun to eat. 
 
The lady sat next to Nichkhun made her way to the lavatory. 
 
When asked what drink he would like, Nichkhun asked for some apple juice. The cabin crew member poured a cup of juice out and placed it onto his tray table. The cup immediately splashed onto Nichkhun's lap making his face scrunch up from the coldness. He bit his lip to hold in any exclamation before the flight attendant quickly ran back with tissue. She began to pat his trousers before Nichkhun covered his private area in shock looking up at the crew member who backed away completely horrified. 
 
She bowed time and time again apologising. Nichkhun said it was fine before he finally received his juice and some tea for Tiffany. Picking up his cup towards his mouth, he looked at Tiffany. "Seems like everyone his trying to flirt with my husband today.." she muttered quietly causing Nichkhun to choke a little as he drank his juice. "Aigoo honey! Don't be jealous, I love you and only you!" he grinned leaning over to kiss her. She grinned and kissed him before telling him to go and change in the toilet. 
 
When Nichkhun returned, he thanked the lady sat next to him for letting him into his seat and he settled next to Tiffany, giving her a peck as he settled down. 
 
He sat down opening up his food to reveal chicken and some vegetables. He cut a piece of chicken and looked at it carefully inspecting for any pink areas before eating it to double check. When he was sure that the chicken was not undercooked, he fed Tiffany some. 
 
Taeyeon fed Wooyoung as he fed Woohyun. "Woohyunnie-ah who is your favourite? Appa or Umma?" Wooyoung asked earning a smack from Taeyeon for teaching their son of favouritism. Nichkhun popped his head between the seats before pointing at himself and mouthing 'Tiffany Imo and Nichkhun Samchon' Woohyun grinned as he saw his uncle and winked a little too obviously. 
 
Nichkhun immediately sat back in his seat humming to himself to act casual as Tiffany laughed at him. Woohyun shouted "Tiffany Imo and Nichkhun Samchon!" Wooyoung covered the boy's mouth shushing him. 
 
Donghae and Yoona were cutting their food and eating whilst sharing their earphones to watch a movie on the screen infront of Yoona. The couple were oblivious to everything else, quietly sitting in their own world. 
 

Helloooo! I am home safe and sound in England! Back with a longer update than usual! Sorry I didn't update at all while I was in Spain!! When I had Internet back at the apartment, It was shower then I was sleeping then when I woke up I showered and we were out to sight see again. Haha! I didn't spend any time writing either as I was pretty much absorbed into the beauty of Barcelona ;)

I didn't post for 4 days ..

Hahaha But I'm Back!!

Hopefully you all like the way that I depicted them in the future! Well, I shall leave you all to read this chapter while I write the next and I will update soon! Promise ;) Love you xxxxx