Chapter 14 - Dreams Don't Last Forever

You Are The Only Exception

 

'6pm..
 
It's been an hour since I received Yoona's text.. Perhaps I should go.. Running away from problems will only create room for the problem to grow..'
 
Nichkhun hesitated before finally dragging himself out to the meeting point. 
 
"I'm sorry I am so late.. I was just taking time to think.." he said. 
 
"Khunnie I-"
 
"Let's break up."
 
"I hate you"
 
"I hate you for making it so difficult to hate you."
 
..
 
"I wish I could hate you but because it's you.. I can't do it. Because its you,  I am able to forgive you no matter how much you hurt me but you should realise who your heart is with. The person you love is someone you once loved with all your heart and that person isn't me. I think my heart is also with someone else.. Some things aren't meant to be. It is the heart breaking reality but Yoona, maybe in some parallel world, our fates are together. I'm jealous of the Nichkhun and Yoona of that world but in this world, in this life time, we aren't meant to be. Dreams don't last forever. You have to wake up from every dream but Yoona, know that this dream I shared with you was one that I will never forget and do not and will not regret. Friends?"
 
"Yes! I'm so sorry Khun!" Yoona said as she began tearing up. 
 
Nichkhun pulled her into a hug and whispered "Idiot! Don't be sorry! Perhaps I lost a lover but at least I didn't lose a best friend." he grinned. 
 
"I didn't think you were so cheesy!" Yoona said pushing his head with her finger. 
 
"Go get your knight Yoona before his heart drifts and I promise that I will do my best in getting my princess! Khuna hwaiting!" They grinned as they shook their pinkies, promising. 
 
The next day, remembering her promise with Nichkhun, she tried her best with Donghae and let him walk her to the school gates. She even gave him a hug to thank him which have him a big surprise. She was trying. They were trying. Step by step, they would rebuild their broken relationship and start anew. 
 
"Tiffany!" Nichkhun grinned when he walked into the classroom. "Come with me!" he said holding her hand. "Eh!? What about Yoona? .." She said shocked and disappointed. "Actually.. We called it off yesterday.." he said "But it is okay! Because we have both realised that our hearts are with other people." he smiled. 
 
"Oh.." she replied quietly. She didn't like the idea of Nichkhun's heart being with someone else.. At least when it was Yoona, as she was her friend, it was a teeny bit easier to accept but know it is some unknown person. 
 
"So are you coming?" he chuckled pulling her gently. 
 
"Khunfany is back in the zone!" Taeyeon smiled clapping her hands as the pair left the classroom. 
 
"Mmm.." Wooyoung grunted, his face flat on the desk. 
 
"Stop sleeping! Are you even listening to me!?" she said hitting him. 
 
Immediately sitting up, he panicked. "I am! I am! Promise!" With his hands pushed together, pouting hoping that she would stop hitting him. 
 
"Come on! You are like a snail.." Nichkhun said pulling Tiffany up the stairs impatiently. 
 
"Shut up!" she shoved him. 
 
When they finally opened the door to the rooftop, he pulled her towards a bench, where they sat down, still hand in hand. 
 
"Tiffany-ah.. Mianhe.."
 
"Hmm?"
 
"I'm sorry.. For leaving you.. When I went out with Yoona.. I broke my promise that I made to you in the haunted house.. I promised to never leave you again.."
 
"You still remember that?" she laughed pretending that she hadn't remembered it. 
 
"Of course.. And I am going to promise you again! Really! You can punish me if I break it! I promise this time, I swear that I will stay by your side and protect you forever and ever princess!"
 
"Aigoo~ Why so cheesy hey Khun?" she grinned pinching his cheek. 
 
"You know that I have waited so long to hear those words spoken by you.." she smiled. 
 
"Thank you.." she lent over and kissed him on the cheek. 
 
"That was the worst thank you ever!" he smirked before turning and bending over to kiss Tiffany back but on the lips this time. "I love you! And only you!" he whispered before once again connecting his lips with hers. 
 
"Jumping out of a relationship just yesterday and being in a new one already .. Player!" she said hitting him on the head. 
 
"It should hurt when you hit me but it makes me feel really happy!" He laughed. 
 
"You are such a cheeseball!" she said ruffling his hair. 
 

Next chapter will probably be the final one :) I'll make it long! Sorry that this whole end seems to be so rushed but like yeah .. I have beated around the bush enough! :3 Hopefully you will join me when I next write a fanfic :)

I can't believe I wrote 13 chapters in like 6 days cause I was expecting to write this so slowly .. 
 
Join me next update! I Love You! Te Amo! Te Quiero! Je T'adore! Wo Ai Ni! Saranghae! And a new one I learnt today! Saya Cinta Kamu! (Malay)