He could've just called

Call Me Jay!

Jay P.O.V

Looked at my alarm that was blaring endlessly, I cracked my neck. I missed Japan. My family was originally from there, I had gotten legal custody of my younger sister as I was emancipated around 3 years ago. Sunmi was two years younger , so it was my job to take care of her.

It didn't help the fact that our parents were dead, our relatives were money grubbers who just took care for us because of our parent's will, so I had two jobs. One in the morning from 8-2 and the other from 3-8. It was tough hours, but I was supporting my sister in high school. I wanted her to continue her education even if I was one year from graduating but had to stop to take care of her. There were often times I had felt regretful, not because of taking care of my sister but because of not completing my school education.

I didn't have enough resources to do so at that time, but the moment Sunmi could take care of herself, then I'd finish that one year and focus on college.I had been saving for a while, so far I had two years worth of tuition money saved up, which was stashed away in my back account. There was also some rainy day money in my apartment, for emergenies like beef, chocolate or a new outfit. 

A soft knock made my crane my neck to the door where Sunmi barged in,''Unnie, you awake?''

''Neh!'' I replied covering my yawn with my hand slightly.

''Okay, well breakfast is on the table, I have swimming practice until six later, so I'll be going.'' She replied before gently shutting the door.

The perks of being a good older sister, my sister was the better cook out of the both of us. She wanted to be either an olympic swimmer or a chef, she couldn't really decide at the moment as she loved them both. I shrugged off my comforter , streching my arms above my head as I walked to my bathroom.


After eating some pancakes for breakfast, it was quick and hassle free, I got ready then grabbed my satchel that had my other uniform in it and locked the door behind me.

Walking down the steps of my street, I felt like I was being followed, but when I turned around there was no one there.

''Nuguseyo?'' I called out. I shook my head and begun walking.


It took me 10 minutes before I was in front of ManOk's studio, where aikido, taekwando and juditisu were taught.

''Annyeong hashimnikka Seonsaengnim'' I heard various calls as soon as I stepped inside.

''Yeh!'' I replied taking off my coat and hanging it up.  I nodded to various students.

My training outfit was the normal white haori with a black belt.

I clapped my hands to get there attention as I walked into the room where 20 of my students where either stretching or practising hand to hand combat with each other.

''Let's get started!''

I stood infront of them before doing an example of a flying kick then I did a front flip before landing in a handstand.

''Now when you do this, be careful with the movement of your feet otherwise you can get hurt.'' I explained walking around correcting hands and feet alike, adjusting it every so often for my students. This was what I did everyday from Monday to Friday. It was a self-defense class, after everyone had tested their own ability to front flip, we decided to spar.

''Who wants to go first?'' I asked craning my neck side to side.


Somewhere else in Seoul...


''Mr Kim I want you find a girl first me.'' the figure explained, while reclining back in his chair.

''Where would I find the agasshi sir?'' he enquired.

'' Near Gangnam-ju.'' came the response.

''Understood.'' Mr Kim bowed before turning to leave.

''One more thing Mr Kim,'' He turned back around.

''Please do this with the uttermost discreetion ,I owe that person my life.'' Lee Soo Man explained.


''Thank you come again.'' I bowed as I bid the last of my students a goodbye.

In case you're wondering, How did I get a job like this? Well it was my second year staying in Korea, that I was accosted by some drunkards, I used my instincts to fight them and I was gymnast before my parents died so it worked.

I was found by Man Ok, a plesant person but also a fierce fighter, she took me under her wing. After a couple of months I gained my black belt and she offered me a part-time job in order to help me since I wanted custody of my sister, I would have to have suitable living conditions, so I accepted.

The rest was history.


No one's P.O.V

''Unnie, some guy was looking for you!'' Sunmi informed Jay as soon as she reached home.

''Jeongmaleyo?'' Jay's eyebrows shot up.

'I don't owe anything to the mafia...I don't have any outstanding debts....I always gave to the less fortunate when I wasn't less fortunate at times.' She recounted mentally going through who could be looking for her.

The doorbell rang.

''Nuguseyo?'' Jay asked her sister as she was getting up to answer the door.

''I ordered Black bean noodles.'' Sunmi replied, grabbing her wallet.

''Did you order for me?'' Jay asked innoncently pufifng out her cheeks.

Sunmi mainly rolled her eyes. ''Yeh!''

Jay called out '' Sunmi-yah....Sarang hae!'' making a heart with her hands above her head.

''Arraso!''she replied.

Sunmi walked in with four bowls of black bean noodles, the pair of chopsticks in her back pocket.

Jay grabbed two bowls as they flopped simultaneously onto the couch, turning the channel until they were watching X-Man with DBSK, this time they leaned in as it was an old episode, where Jaejoong was still blond, the game they were playing, 'Dangyunhaji'.

''He's so cute...'' Jay whispered looking at Jaejoong, she chuckled as he kept saying...'Mianhe.'

The doorbell rang again.

''Who is it this time?'' Jay complained as she was getting into her food.

Sunmi shrugged.

She put aside her food and stood up, marching to the door.


''Who-o-o are you?'' she eyed the guy who looked like a Men-In-Black wannabe.

''Kim Jae-ri-sshi?''he asked looking down at her.

''Yeh....''she replied hesistantly.

''I am executive assistant to Mr.Lee Soo Man, he would very much like to meet with you.''He explained.

''Aniyo...I don't want to meet him.'' She shut the door in his face.

The doorbell rang again.

Her hands clenched.  'What is it going to take.''

She walked back to the door, swinging it open with enough force that it shook.

''MWOH?!'' she shouted.

He bowed again.''Shillehagessumnida agashi...but it's imperative that you should meet him, he would like to repay his debt.''  Excuse me, young miss.

She eyed him wearily. ''You're going to keep coming here if I don't go, aren't you?''

He nodded sheepishly. ''Yeh.''

Bloody idiot.

''Yah!''She snapped bitting her lip in annoyance.

''Arraso!'' She sighed as he handed her a card.

She scanned over it and saw it was the company address and personal contact information of Lee Soo Man.

'Unbelievable.'

She gave him a fake smile as she gently shut the door.

She slumped on the floor.

'If he wanted to repay me for his life he could've just called...I wouldn't have been offended.' She thought as she walked back into the living room.

''Is there still chocolate left?'' she asked Sunmi who nodded.

''Great....'' I'm going to need it.


A/N

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter.

Please don't forget to subscribe/upvote/comment

Always Keep the Faith.

~Caribbeanpop17