That Seungri Boy

3 Weeks

(Kenya POV)

Mam was taking me shopping to get a dress. And a wig . . . Just because I was bald didn't mean I had to go around parading it in everyone's faces. I wasn't exactly proud of having cancer. But for a while I got to forget about cancer because prom was coming up! I still didn't have a date but it wasn't too late to get asked!

Mam let my friend Chaelin(CL) come along. CL's dad and Pita had done business together so when we found out we went to the same school, we've been really close since. "Kenya, is your premi taking you to the nrtya(dance)?" CL also spoke Hindi, so she joined in on the conversation.

"Premi? Kenya doesn't have a premi." "Yes, she does. She brought him over for dinner the other day." "Mam . . ." I was annoyed because I knew how much Mam loved to tell everyone about my personal life. She did the same thing to Kavya, though. "Really? What's his name, Chaci(Auntie)?" She sometimes called Mam Chaci. "That Seungri boy. The poor boy didn't even know how yo eat the sag aloo, so Kenya had to help him."

CL shock turned into smiles. "I knew you liked him! He likes you too you know." I knew I was blushing uncontrollably now. "Really?" "Oh, she's sarmana(blushing)! She does like him! Okay, enough gossip. We should try on some kapare(dresses) and viga(wigs)." "I thought I was gonna wear my Sari(A dress for special events, such as weddings)." I was joking with Mam. She smiled and playfully smacked my arm.

After what seemed like an eternity of trying on dresses. I had finally found the perfect dress. It was purple (my favorite color) and it was strapless.

                                                           

Mam was okay with it being strapless, since it didn't show cleavage and it covered my legs. It had little sparkles around the waist and it was long and had a big, flouncy skirt that was gorgeous. We also found a wig that looked almost identical to my hair. I had been wearing a beanie to school for the past couple of days, so I'd be excited to have something on my head besides wool. Plus it was April and it getting pretty warm, so I would sweat a lot. We bought the dress and the wig, dropped off CL and headed home. About 15 minutes after we got home. Pita called me to come downstairs because I had a visitor.

Sorry I have no pics, im trying to do this from my phone but its not cooperating