WTF?!

It Started with A Smile

 


Hello my lovely subbies! I am so happy to be back after finishing ALL my high school exams! FREEDOM for three months before university starts :( 
Anyway, thank you for waiting patiently for me, sorry I took a bit longer to update, instead of updating a few days ago, straight after my last exam as I had intended to. 

I've had writer's block these past few days, and just don't feel it. I have a vague idea of where I want this to go, but I don't know how to write it, so I would really appreciate it if you guys could comment on how you find this chapter. Maybe I'll regain motivation to write again. 

Anyway, here it is, the update you've been waiting for :) 
 

I stared at the door, waiting for Daehyun to walk in and as soon as he did, I quickly grabbed my pen and tried to make it look like I was actually finishing off my homework instead of waiting for him.

“Really Noona? Really?”

“Shut up Zelo… It’s not like I’m doing anything out of the ordinary.”

I looked and turned to Daehyun, but instead of finding him at his desk, I found him waving his Physics textbook in my face.

“Help me, quickly before we have the quiz!”

I skimmed the page that he had open and raised my brow at him.

“I spent… ALL AFTERNOON YESTERDAY EXPLAINING THE MEISNER EFFECT TO YOU AND YOU SAID YOU UNDERSTOOD!”

He smiled sheepishly and ran his fingers through his hair.

“Please?”

“Fine. Sit down.”

As soon as he sat down, I felt as if I started shaking like there was no tomorrow. Calm the heck down... He's just sitting next to you...

I began to draw diagrams for what felt like the hundredth time and began to explain.

“When a superconductor is placed inside a magnetic field, the magnetic field induces eddy currents to circulate in the super conductor. Look.”

He leaned over and tilted his head as he began to process. Oh how adorable he looked. I just wanted to poke his cheek, except I was supposed to be annoyed at him.

“Yeah…”

“Are you sure you don’t get it, or it’s just that you don’t remember it?”

“Both?”

I sighed and looked at the clock. We had five minutes.

“…the super conductor expels the external magnetic field, and that’s why the magnet ‘floats’ above it. Got it?”

He looked at me, put his thumbs up just as the teacher put down the quiz paper.

 

As we walked out of the classroom, while Youngjae and Zelo bounded out happily, Daehyun began whining.

“THE STUPID MEISNER EFFECT WASN’T EVEN IN IT!”

“Well it might be in our finals so at least you know it now.”

“Will you help me again then?” he grinned.

“No.”

We all stifled our laughter as Daehyun nearly tripped over in alarm.

“I was your best student for the past few days!”

I gave him my WTF face, while he turned away, probably guilty. I had no idea why I was doing this – extra study time with Daehyun? Yes please! But I didn’t want to look like he crazy lady who wanted to jump at any chance to spend time with him.

“You were such as great student that I wanted to tear out my hair after you made poor attempts to actually understand the content…”

He grabbed my arm and pouted.

“It’s not my fault there’s so much in the syllabus. Besides, if you were more engaging…”

I felt like pushing him into the tree, but with my lack of coordination and strength, I would’ve probably hurt myself instead.

“So do you want me to help you or not?”

He grinned.

“So if I fail, I can blame it on you?”

I glared at him and stormed off to Youngjae and Zelo snickered as I began complaining.

“That pabo insults me and expects him to continue helping him.”

Youngjae patted my shoulder.

“I know how you feel… I’ve tried to work my 100% guaranteed success rate methods on him, but I wanted to punch a wall afterwards because of his constant rambling.”

Daehyun came and squeezed himself between us, draping his arms over both Youngjae's and my shoulders.

“Guys…” he whined, “You know I’m not a hopeless case… I normally do fine,but this module is killing me. Please?”

“Fine. I’ll do it.”

He fist pumped before grabbing my arm and shaking it excitedly… why he was this excited about physics, I had no idea, but oh my goodness, he was holding on to my arm again.

“Just so you know, I’m not helping you for free, if that was what you were hoping for.”

Zelo laughed.

“Hyung, I have an idea of what your payment could be.”

Daehyun raised his eyebrow at Zelo, while I leaned over and whacked him across the head.

“Noona! You didn’t let me finish!”

I stuck my tongue out at him and he rolled his eyes before continuing.

“Anyway, this Noona may be good at physics, but she’s hopeless at maths… How that is even possible, I don’t know, since there is maths in Physics.”

“Well to the library then!” cried Daehyun, who began towing me away.

 

As soon as we got the library, I immediately scribbled down a list of conditions, just to ensure that he would actually do the work he was supposed to be doing.
 

1. No incessant rambling talking unless absolutely necessary

2. Do not attempt to use your level 99 fraud skills to get out of anything you don’t want to do

3. I’ll buy you food if you get at least 85% for a paper

 

When I handed him the piece of paper, he lit up.

“You’ll buy me food? DAEBAK!”

I scoffed.

“You’ll study harder for physics just for food but not for improving your grade? You really are something.”

“Excuse me, but don’t insult your awesome student and maths tutor.”

He pulled out his books and leaned back in his chair.

“So are you going to start helping me or just sit there?”

I punched his arm and flipped to a section of practice questions.

“You know the drill. Do these and when you’re stuck, ask.”

Just when he was about to start, he glanced at me.

“So are you just going to sit there and stare at me? That would be pretty creepy…”

My cheeks burned before I snapped back at him.

“I actually have a history paper to work on. I don’t see anything worth ogling at anyway.”
 

Lie. There was so much to ogle at... 
 

He put his hand on his heart and pouted. My heart continued its thundering against my ribs.

“Ahh… You wound me, my dear.”

At that moment, I nearly fell off my chair in shock. My dear. He called me his dear.  I really need to snap out of it if I was planning on getting anything done.

“YAH! Get back to work!”

He chuckled.

“Fine, fine.”

 

Just as when I actually managed to concentrate and write my introduction, I glanced over at Daehyun, who pulled his school jumper off. And then began ing his school shirt. My eyes widened in shock.

Why the heck was he stripping in the middle of the library?!

I felt as if I was hyperventilating – I had no idea if I was actually doing it and whether Daehyun noticed my strange behaviour or not. My heart was pounding harder than ever and I could feel the blood rushing towards my cheeks.

Holy s*** what on Earth is he doing?

And thank God he was wearing a t-shirt underneath his school shirt. I sighed in relief – who knew what questions and awkwardness would have been experienced if he actually took off his multiple shirts to reveal a bare chest.

I closed my eyes and breathed deeply. Thank God.

“Are you alright there?”

I nearly jumped out of my chair when Daehyun’s voice interrupted my attempts at calming down.

“Is your essay really that stressful to write that you’re all red and flustered?”

Damn. He noticed that I was flustered.

“W-what? My e-essay? Yeah… I just need some air.”

I quickly rushed outside, with the blast of cool breeze compared to the warmer and slightly stuffy library, helping to cool my head. I pulled my sleeves down to cover my hands. It was so much cooler out here than inside, probably why Daehyun took off his jumper off, but seriously, why did he have to take off that school shirt?

I sat on a railing and dangled my feet. I really needed to keep cool whenever he was around. My face still felt really warm so I decided to stay a bit longer, hoping that I’ll cool off and regain my composure so I could go back and be productive.

 

“Hey.”

I looked up to find Daehyun smiling at me.

“Come back inside, you might get sick sitting out in the cold. Plus I’m stuck…”

I chuckled and slid off the railing. He took my wrist and pulled me back into the warmth of the library and any attempts to calm my heart rate and cool my face down proved to be futile. As soon as he came out, the pounding heart and warmth inching all over my face began once more.

I keep on reacting this way to him. It’s never happened with any guy before, I thought.

I glanced at him, and as if on cue, he glanced back and smiled.

But then again, not every guy is Jung Daehyun.