Awaken

Washed Up
He'd been dreaming. It was peaceful. Here in dream land nothing hurt, life was easy. The dreams started to slip away though and replaced by pain and soreness throughout his body. Groaning some, the young male reached a hand up to rub his eyes, only to realize there was something on his forehead. Opening his eyes slowly, the injured man tried to shield his eyes from the sunlight with his hand however his attempts were futile and in the end he simply let his hand sink back down to the sheets and tilted his head some so that whatever was on his forehead would fall down and cover his eyes.
 
Laying like that for some time, the young male tried to go back to sleep, go back to the peacefulness he'd felt. Voices could soon be heard minutes later though and the cloth that had slipped down to his eyes was lifted away. Seconds later there was a sound of water pouring from something and then the cool surface of the rag was touched to his forehead again. "Has he woken up yet?" an older voice was heard from across the room and then there was a touch on his cheek. "I'm not sure Halmoni. The cloth was covering his eyes though. Do you think he did it?" This voice was considerably closer, no doubt the voice of whoever had picked up the soothing cloth and returned it to his forehead.
 
Deciding to brave the sunlight that had hurt his eyes, the young male turned his head a little and his dry cracked lips. "I..." He started to speak then was shocked by his own rhaspy voice and paused. "Halmoni! He's awake!" The voice said as she shifted on whatever he was laying on. Opening his eyes slowly, they were barely more than slits as he looked at the person next to him through his eyelashes. "The sun..." He finally said, moving to lift his pained arm up to cover his eyes again. "Omo! Okay!" She said, quickly bouncing up and moving to cover the window so the sunlight wasn't so blinding. Once that painful factor was gone, the young male was able to open his eyes wider and look around.
 
"Wh-where am I?" He asked, his rhaspy voice still sounding so foreign to him. "My house. Um. I found you out on the beach and brought you up to the village." The girl seemed shy and spoke quietly however she really hadn't answered his question. "What village?" He asked, looking towards a window across the room that hadn't been affecting him like the one right next to the bed had. "Koki Village. Do you remember what happened?" She asked, causing the young male to try and remember. There was nothing though. In fact, there was no memory of anything from before.
 
Gasping, the young male sat up quickly at the realization that he had no memories from before waking up today. Becoming dizzy and light headed, the young male pressed his hand to the brim of his nose and pinched it some to stop the painful spinning feeling. When the feeling didn't pass right away, the young male groaned in pain and then felt as the young woman put her hand to his bare shoulder and pushed him back down to lay his head against the pillow. "You shouldn't move so fast. You almost died sir..." Her voice was very concerned as she then retracted her hand from his shoulder. She'd barely stopped talking when suddenly the Halmoni was within sight and hit the younger woman upside the head.
 
"Don't go around telling people that they almost died....Aigoo child you should have more manners than that..." She then turned her wrinkled face towards him with a smile. "She's still young and doesn't understand a lot of things. My name is Ri KyungSoon, you can call me Halmoni though. Everyone else does." She then moved to grab something from a table nearby and offered it to the young male. "Here, drink this. It'll make you feel better..." She then handed it over and watched as the young man drank it and then made a face. The young girl then laughed lightly before covering . "Halmoni, you should have warned him it tasted nasty..." That comment then got another playful smack upside her head from the older woman, however it seemed the young woman was used to this playful abuse.
 
Setting the mug aside, the young male watched the two through sleepy eyes before then realizing there must be some sort of sedative inside of it. Shifting a little on the bed, it wasn't long before his eyes were forced shut by gravity and he was out like a light. Back in dream land, this time around it wasn't so peaceful and innocent but rather a very fitful sleep as his mind tried to make sense of everything thrown at him in the past ten minutes of being awake.