Dead to the world

Washed Up
It was still dark outside, however as the sun peeked up over the horizon, a light glow stretched through the darkness and touched everything in it's path with growing warmth. Despite the fact that the sun was just now rising in the sky, the nearby village was already starting to come alive as the farmers and fishers got ready for their busy day ahead of them. Boats had already set out and horses were already prepared to go out on the small fields of crops to see how their food and income were coming along. Down by the abandoned beach, just at the edge of some cliffs, however, lie a male that didn't belong to this small village. Soaked to the core, the male had dried blood and sand on his exposed skin, however his clothes were still soaked from whenever the water would crash up on shore and soak him all over again.
 
Dead to the world, the male didn't hear a barking noise, didn't feel a wet tongue on his face, didn't know that a dog had found him unconscious on the beach and was calling for it's master. The more he was prodded by the wet nose of the dog, the more aware the male was of everything. The pain in his head, the dryness in his throat, the chill that went down his spine from being so cold from last night's little 'swim'. His mind hadn't even registered the most important factor of the accident though. No, right now his physical senses were too alert for his mind to make sense of anything other than the fact that he could feel the dog at a sore spot on his head and a woman calling for the dog from the distance. "Yong! Yong where are you?!" The female called repeatedly until she finally found the dog. "Yah! Yong! Leave that alone!" She said, not even realizing that her dog had found a human being. Small sharks and dolphins sadly washed up on shore every now and then, she figured it was just an aquatic animal.
 
As the young woman came closer, however, she saw jeans, a tattered button up shirt, fingers, hair. A person. Gasping, the young woman covered and then hitched up her dress and rushed across the beach, her bare feet barely skirting over the water she'd been previously playing in with her dog before it run off down the beach. "Yong! No No don't eat him!" She said, instantly grabbing her dog by the collar as she got to their side and pushing it out of the way. The dog then barked happily and it's owner's face before then digging at the ground next to the male and whined a little.
 
"Omo...is he alive??" She asked, pressing her head to his chest. She could hear a heart beat...weak but steady. She could also feel his chest rise a fraction of an inch with a breath before then lowering just as much. He was breathing...but barely. "Omo...I can't leave him here...but I need to get the medic. Eotokae?!" The young woman said, moving to grab the male's hand. "Sir? Sir can you hear me? Sir I need to get you medical attention...Sir..." The girl spoke to him, jumping a little as his head moved some and his lips parted. "Omo you really are alive. Can you hear me?!" She asked, leaning in so she could hear if he responded. No response.
 
Biting her lower lip, the young woman figured if he was alive enough to move just then, he would stay alive for the few minutes it would take her to run and get help. Right? So moving to stand up, she let his hand fall to his chest and then brushed some sand off her skirt as she started to back up. "I'll be back for you. I promise!" She then turned around quickly and ran off towards the villiage atop the small cliffs they were just laying next to. There was a small trail that could easily be walked going from the villiage to the beach, however not many came down to the beach. It's not like this was a famous tourist place.
 
With the woman no longer there to stir his senses, the male turned his head again to avoid the dog that stayed by his side. It wasn't a conscious effort though, simply something done out of instinct of something wet and slimey slipping across a painful part of your face. A light groan came from the male before he then coughed painfully and then lie in the sand motionless. The pain was very real and was increasingly becoming way too much for his weak mind to take. So, allowing the darkness to overtake him again, the young male didn't stir when the dog lie on his chest protectively, nor when the elders came with the medic to carry him back to safety.