My Lady- Chenmin

Music and Lyric

(Sorry guys but this story was a bit rushed... so I'm sorry if it's not good!!! Comments and constructive criticism would be highly appreciated!!! XOXO ♥)

 

 

 

 

 

Not a friend

I want to be a man to you

Not just any person

The one person who will protect you

-My Lady

 

Jongdae sat at a coffee table waiting for Minseok to show up. It wasn't unusual that the older boy was late, Jongdae knew by now that Minseok basically ran on his own clock system which was usually an hour late. "Jongdae!" Minseok yelled, as he entered the cafe, loudly disturbing some of the other customers. "I'm so sorry I'm late!" He huffed out a he made his way towards Jongdae. Jongdae laughed as his best friend sat down looking flushed and put of breath. "Did you run here?" Jongdae teased and Minseok nodded. "The bus broke down and I didn't want to be later than I already was because I know you hate to wait for me." Minseok explained.

Jongdae shook his head "I hate waiting, but when it comes to you I don't mind." Minseok blushed. "Um, well I'm sorry nonetheless for being late as usual." Jongdae just laughed as he pushed a steaming cup of brown liquid towards his friend. "While I was waiting I got you your favourite; chocolate latte." Jongdae explained and Minseok let out a kidding squeal. "Oh thank you Jongdae! What would I do without you? Probably lose my head and all that." Minseok exclaimed, quite loudly, in glee. Jongdae smiled "who else would protect you if I wasn't around?" Jongdae questioned, partly joking. "That's why you're my best friend!" Minseok exclaimed loudly.

Jongdae cringed, friend zoned, he was always friend zoned. Jongdae was in live with the older male. He had been ever since they had met back in high school. There was just something about the adorable male that Jongdae couldn't resist, always caving in to why the older male wanted. He just wanted to hold the elder, protect him and love him the way he knew he could, but Minseok just couldn't seem to see him as more than a friend (well best friend but still!).

A man approaching their table caught Jongdae's attention and pulled him from his thoughts. Raising an eyebrow in question Jongdae watched as the man stalked closer, looking none too pleased. "Listen here kid," the man started shoving a finger at Minseok. "You need to learn to shut up! Your voice is like a loud obnoxious speakerphone that nobody wants to hear. You're disturbing everyone here with your annoying antics. So would you just shut up so me and my date can drink our coffee in peace?" The man scolded, and Minseok visibly deflated.

Jongdae felt anger and fury bubble up in him at the man. It wasn't Minseok's fault that he was loud; he just had a voice that naturally propelled. "You," Jongdae seethes as he stood up, facing the man (who was actually much taller than him). "How dare you come over here and say such rude things to my date! You're the one being ride and obnoxious! Nobody else had a problem till you decided to come over here and act like a conceited prick!" Jongdae pointed out, trying very hard to restrain from yelling, as he gestured to all the people who were looking at him and the man in shock. "You know what; he doesn't need to take from people like you!" Jongdae seethed moving around the table and pulling Minseok up out of his seat, making sure the elder had his chocolate latte, before heading out of the coffee shop.

The two had been walking for about ten minutes, letting Jongdae blow off some steam, before Minseok finally spoke. "Thank you Jongdae, for defending me back there." Minseok said, sounding shy but grateful. Jongdae stormed to look at the other before smiling. "No problem, it's my job to protect you. But I just can't believe how rude that man was. Some people need to learn frickin manners." Jongdae voiced, trying not to get mad once again. A small hand placed on his arm caused him to stop and look at Minseok who was shifting nervously. "You said something back there. You... You said I was your date... Did you mean that or were you um yeah..." Minseok trailed off, embarrassed to continue. Jongdae blushed as he realized that he had called Minseok his date back in the cafe. Well there was no better time than the present to confess right?

"Um yeah I did... But I really want to mean it!" Jongdae exclaimed and Minseok looked up at him in confusion. With a sigh, to quickly pull his thoughts together, Jongdae spoke "I want to be more than a friend to you Minseok. I want to be your man, to be the one who protects you. When I said you were my date, I really wanted to mean that. To mean we were dating. Because Minseok, I um I... I like you. Probably even love you." Jongdae confessed, rubbing the back of his neck in a shy gesture.

Minseok stared at Jongdae for what felt like hours before finally speaking. "I didn't know you felt that way about me." He said voice oddly quiet. Jongdae nodded in response, afraid to speak. "Um, well I'd like to try." Minseok quietly stated, and it was Jongdae's turn to look at him in confusion. "I want to try to be your date... I want to try to date... I want to be more than friends Jongdae, because I like you too but I always thought you only liked me as your friend and nothing more. But I really want to be your date." Minseok confessed his voice slightly shaky from nerves. Jongdae smiled as he took Minseok's hand in his own (the one free of the chocolate latte) and started pulling the elder down the sidewalk beside him. "I'd really like that too." Jongdae said, unable to resist the urge to plant a quick kiss to the crown of Minseok's head, as try continued down the sidewalk together.