Peter Pan -Kaisoo

Music and Lyric

(Um, other than this being really terrible not much to say other than I hope you like it!!! And comments and constructive criticism would be greatly appreciated!!! XOXO ♥)

 

 

 

 

 

 

You were prettier than Wendy, Cinderella

Because I feel you, the one person that makes my heart beat My two eyes shine

-Peter Pan (Kaisoo)

 

If there is one thing Jongin knew about Kyungsoo it was that the older male was beautiful. Kyungsoo was the epitome of perfection. He was kind, funny, cute, clumsy, soft spoken, generous, loving, willing, beautiful, etc... Jongin could go on and on about all things good about Kyungsoo. And he had never ceased to remind Kyungsoo of these facts, even if the older denied it passionately. "But I'm not beautiful Jongin, not even close." Kyungsoo would tell him and he'd smile before pulling Kyungsoo into a hug. "You're beautiful hyung. And I love you." He would mumble into Kyungsoo's hair, even though he would never hear those words back. Jongin would do this until the older would give up and just allow Jongin to hold and cuddle him.

Jongin remembers one evening sitting with Kyungsoo at a deserted park talking about anything and everything. Jongin had watched Kyungsoo as the elders face lit up when they talked about things he loved, scrunched up when he was confused, or fell when they talked about things that were sad or upsetting. He doesn't remember how but the topic ended up being about movies, childhood and growing up. "I think I know why Peter Pan never wanted to grow up." Kyungsoo stated quietly as he lazily pushed himself back and forth on the swing. "And why's that hyung?" Jongin asked as his eyes followed Kyungsoo's every move. "Because growing up is hard. Things don't get easier, people don't really get stronger. We just learn to deal with everything better. Fun isn't something that comes often anymore and true joy is rare. Love doesn't last and beauty is a thing controlled by society. All this didn't matter when we were kids because everything made us happy, and fun was the only thing on our minds. Love was simple and beauty didn't matter. It was just so much easier." Kyungsoo said as he stared up at the darkening sky. "Peter Pan had it right when he escaped to Neverland." Kyungsoo breathed and Jongin frowned.

"Hyung where is this all coming from?" Jongin asked as he listened to Kyungsoo. "It's coming from growing up Jongin. I leave soon Jongin. I'm going overseas and leaving you here in Korea. And that scares me because that means I'm growing up, that means I have to leave you. Who else is going to love me Jongin? Who else is going to think I'm beautiful in a world where I'm truly not? Who else am I going to have as my best friend and boyfriend? Why can't I be like Wendy and have Peter Pan come get me so I don't have to leave?" Kyungsoo stared at Jongin with big eyes, he was scared and Jongin could see it. Standing up Jongin walked to Kyungsoo and pulled him into his arms. "Don't talk like that hyung. Please don't talk like that. We'll still be able to talk hyung. It'll be a long distance relationship but we can make it work. I'll always love you no matter where you are. And you're beautiful Kyungsoo, so so so beautiful. I wish you could see yourself the way I do. So please Kyungsoo hyung, please don't think like this." Jongin pleaded as he held Kyungsoo tightly. The smaller male began crying in Jongin's arms, his hands in Jongin's shirt. "It's hard not to Jongin. The reality is coming and I don't want to lose you." Kyungsoo cried, his tiny body shaking with sobs. Jongin stood and held Kyungsoo as he cried, trying to keep his own tears back.

When Kyungsoo had finally calmed down Jongin chose to speak. "In this world I'll be your Peter Pan. You're more beautiful than Wendy to me. No matter where you go I'll be there, my love for you will not change no matter what. You're the first person I've ever loved and I will do anything for you. You're more beautiful than anything in this world. You're perfect the way you are. I love you." Jongin spoke, his voice sincere and his words true. Kyungsoo's hold on Jongin's shirt grew tighter before he looked up at Jongin with a tear stained face, but he was smiling. Jongin felt his breath catch at Kyungsoo's smile because it was honestly the most beautiful thing in the world. "I-I love you too Jongin." Kyungsoo confessed, voice quiet, and Jongin felt as if he could burst into bubbles of happiness because this was the first time Kyungsoo had ever said that. "You always go on about how beautiful I am, but Jongin I think you need to know that you are beautiful too. And I'm going to miss having your beauty with me. I love you Kim Jongin." Kyungsoo confessed once more before pulling the younger down and kissing him.

Jongin smiled at the memory, it was one of the worst but best memories he had. Best because Kyungsoo had finally spoke the words Jongin yearned to hear, but would never push for. Worst because after that Kyungsoo had gone overseas and after a year of trying to keep their relationship, it had come to an end. It hurt Jongin but he knew it was best for the elder and he didn't want to stand in the way of his happiness, because he loved him. And now two years after they had spilt apart Jongin stood with a letter to Kyungsoo. He didn't know if the older would get it, but he figured it was worth a shot. Because even though they weren't together and even though Kyungsoo wasn't Jongin's anymore, he still loved the elder deeply. And he knew he always would.

 

You were prettier than Wendy, even more so than Cinderella.

You're the one person that makes my heart beat and my eyes shine. And even oceans apart I still love you. Please do take care Kyungsoo hyung. And I hope all your dreams come true and that you are truly happy.

Forever your Peter Pan

J.

 

 

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

A few years later Jongin stood in his newly furnished apartment, a smile settled on his lips as he took in his new home, decorated with pictures of family and friends. The doorbell rang drawing him from the moment. Loud yelping could be heard near the door and Jongin laughed as he leaned down to scoop up his little puppy that was making all the noise. "Hush Monggu, it's okay." He laughed as his puppy his face and barked when the doorbell rang again. Pulling open the door Jongin smiled at the mailman who waved back. "Good morning sir, I have a package here for you. If you could just sign here that would be great." The mailman said as he presented a form to Jongin. Jongin nodded and signed the form, while struggling to hold his squirming puppy still. "Thank you, and here it is." The mailman said, handing Jongin an envelope. Jongin thanked the mailman as he took the envelope before shutting the door and placing his puppy on the ground. "What could it be?" Jongin wondered aloud as he tore open the envelope.

A Peter Pan keychain fell out of the envelope and Jongin picked it up, a smile gracing his lips, before pulling out the small letter and reading it.

 

Take care my Peter Pan, and may we one day soon meet in Neverland.

K.