New Life

SECOND CHANCE

“Soyeon-a! Jagiya… I’m home.” Byunghee walk inside their apartment while holding one bouquet of roses and one little bag of gift.

“Soyeon-a,” Byunghee walk to the kitchen, try to looking for Soyeon. But she’s nowhere to be found. He then go inside their bedroom and also check on the bathroom. Soyeon also not there. Byunghee start to panic.

“Soyeon-a?! Are you home?” ask Byunghee and walk outside their bedroom. Try to check on the Jacuzzi pool. But Soyeon also not there. He then try to call Soyeon’s cellphone. And on the second call, Soyeon pick it up.

“Soyeon-a! Where are you?!” ask Byunghee straight away.

“I’m on the way, Oppa.”

“Where? Tell me! Can you just text me or call me before you leave. I’m worried sick when I can’t found you at home.” Said Byunghee.

“It’s okay, I’m going only for a while. I just want to go to my father’s office.”

“Your father office?” ask Byunghee confused.

“Eo.”

“What are you doing at your father’s office?”

“To take back everything that belongs to me.” Said Soyeon. And then Byunghee suddenly listen to the television news.

“Yang Seungho, the new CEO of SJ Park Group.”

-0-

Seungho sit at his chair with his eyes closed. The television still showing his press conference this morning. And Seungho even can’t watch it just like that. Suddenly, the sound of a opening door make Seungho finally open his eyes and switch off the television. Seungho then found Joon already standing inside his office.

“President, your flight to Hongkong has been ready.”

“Joon-a, I already told you to not call me president if there’s just two of us.” Said Seungho make Joon look at Seungho and finally let down his guard. He then walk to Seungho and look at him that look so tired and full of pressure. It’s been one year since the last time Seungho met his son. He always been bussy with all of the management lesson and everything to prepare him to take this position. As Seungho’s one and only best friend, Joon knows everything. About how can Seungho take this position, about President Park’s plan, and everything.

“How’s Mavin?” ask Seungho.

Joon smile to Seungho. And since Joon become the most trusted person to Seungho, he always ask Joon to check about his family condition twice a day. Especially about his son. Mavin.

“He’s fine, hyung. Your brother and sister always taking care of him everyday. You don’t need to worried.” Said Joon finally make Seungho nodding his head.

Seungho then take something from his desk locker. It’s a little box with a blue bow that tied it up.

“Tomorrow is my son’s birthday. Can you take this to my house and give it to my brother or sister? So they can give it to my son on his birthday tomorrow.” Ask Seungho to Joon. Joon then nodding his head.

“Yes, hyung. I’ll take this today.”

Seungho then stand up from his seat. He then tap Joon’s shoulder and walk outside his bedroom to go to the conferece meeting in Hongkong. They then go inside the lift and get down to the loby.

And at the same time as Seungho walk inside the lift, the lift beside Seungho’s is open. Someone walk outside the lift and go straight to the President Office.

“Good afternoon, Miss. Can I help you?” ask the secretary.

“I want to meet the new President right now.”

“Sorry, do you already make any appointment before?”

“I don’t need to.” said her and walk straight inside the office. Make that secretary follow her immediately.

“Where’s that new president?!” ask her when she can’t found him inside his office.

“Miss, you need to make appointment first before you meet the president.”

She then standing closer to her and take out something inside her purse and give it to the secretary. Make that secretary startled.

“Why do I need to make any appointment? It’s my office and I can do anything that I want.”

The secretary then look at the card and she just gave her before. It’s a ID card from the Group and her photo is there. Above the word ‘First Heiress’ that under her full name. She then smile coldly to the secretary and take her ID card immediately.

“I’m President Park one and only daughter. Park Soyeon. Tell me come back and face me right now!”

-0-

Joon press the bell from the house twice. He then wait until someone open the door for him. And not so long, someone open it for him. It’s Jiyeon.

“Annyeonghaseyo Jiyeon-ssi.” He then greet Jiyeon and bow at her.

“Ah, Annyeonghaseyo Lee Joon-ssi.” Said Jiyeon and reply Joon’s bow to her.

“Let’s come inside.” Said Jiyeon and open the door to let Joon come inside. But Joon smile and shoke his head.

“No need, Jiyeon-ssi. I just want to give you something.” Said Joon and he take something inside his black blazer. He then give that box of gift to Jiyeon.

“This is a present from Seungho Hyung for Mavinnie birthday tomorrow. And he also already sent some money to your husband bank account to celebrate Mavinnie birthday tomorrow.” Said Joon make Jiyeon look at him with a sad face.

“How is Seungho Oppa’s condition? About this morning press conference…”

Joon then smile softly to Jiyeon.

“He’s fine and he also want to meet all of you. But he still under many attention from everywhere. So, until everything is start to calm down, he will come back and see all of you again.” Said Joon make Jiyeon then nodding her head.

“Okay then, I need to go and follow Seungho Hyung to Hongkong. Give my greeting to Seungho’s mother, Mavin, and your husband. Annyeonghaseyo Jiyeon-ssi.” Said Joon and give a bow to Jiyeon.

“Nde… If something happen to Seungho Oppa, make sure you call us first. Thankyou Joon-ssi.”

Joon then smile at Jiyeon and go inside his car to continue his work.

Jiyeon then walk inside the house and found Mavin that sleeping above Myungsoo’s chest that also sleeping on the living room’s sofa. Both of them were watching Pororo before they fall asleep. Jiyeon smile at them and start to tidying everything on the carpet. It’s Mavin’s toys and food. It’s the things that three of them always doing on the evening. Since Seungho’s mother is went back to her house in the village, they always spent time together like this. Like a little happy family.

After tidying everything, Jiyeon walk and sit on the carpet on the floor. She look at both of their face while smile happy. Jiyeon then cares Mavin’s face and kiss his lips. Make Mavin moan a little in his sleep. And after that, Jiyeon look at Myungsoo’s face. Slowly, she’s try to tidying his bangs. After that, Jiyeon smile again and leave both of them sleeping to prepare their dinner. What a happy family.

-0-

“Eomma, Mavinnie can use my own clothes at home. We don’t need to buy everything new.” Said Mavin when three of them walk to the mall.

“No, Mavin-a. Tomorrow is your birthday and you’ll celebrate it in our house. So, we need to buy many decoration, your new clothes. And also a cake, and also a souvenir for your friends, and order some food, and also…”

“It’s too much, eomma. Are you sure you can pay it? Mavinnie is fine if we only can celebrate a small birthday for me. Jinjja…” said Mavin with his innocent face make Jiyeon and Myungsoo startled. A little kid like him already can have a since and big heart like that. Just like her mother. Injung.

Jiyeon then smile and lower her body to face Mavin. She then cares Mavin’s head gently.

“Mavin-a, your birthday is a special day for you, agi-ya. And eomma and appa want to make this day special for you. After everything you’ve been trough,” Jiyeon stop speaking when Myungsoo hold her back and give her a code to stop speaking.

“Ah, right. About the money. Don’t worry, we can pay it! Your appa already give us money to celebrate your birthday.”

“Appa?” ask Mavin and look at Myungsoo.

“Me?” Myungsoo also look confused since he never feel like giving money to Jiyeon. Jiyeon then shoke her head.

“Seungho Appa.”

“Jinjja?!” ask Mavin happy. Jiyeon then nod her head.

“Eo. So, he want you to be happy. Don’t disappoint him, Mavin-a.”

Mavin then hug Jiyeon and kiss her happy. “Eo! I want to be happy so Seungho Appa can be happy.”

“Okay! Kajja!” said Jiyeon and walk together with Mavin to the kids clotes station excited. Myungsoo just can look at both of them with a wide smile. Just a beautiful as he wanted to.

-0-

“You buy to many things, Jiyeon-a. You were shopping without thinking. I don’t think all of it will fit on the car. Pabo!” said Myungsoo and try to put everything inside the car. Jiyeon buy so many things. She even buy a big balon of Pororo character, and they also make a big birthday backdrop of Mavin’s photo before.

“Don’t talk to me like that. It’s everything that we need for Mavin’s birthday tomorrow. If you disagree with all of this, why don’t you participate to picking everthing before? You don’t even want to help me choose. Only wait for me outside the store like a pabo person.” Said Jiyeon make Myungsoo glare at her.

“It’s because you always buy everything without asking me first. Even if I tell you not to, you will buy it anyway. I know you too well, Park Jiyeon.”

Jiyeon the startled when she heard what just Myungsoo said before. He know her too well? Her heart start to bumping and she even can’t answer anything and just give every shopping bag to Myungsoo to he can put it inside the car and he even still nagging of everything and Jiyeon finally also aswer all of Myungsoo’s word like before.

Mavin that standing behind Jiyeon still waiting outside the car. And suddenly, someone is walking outside the mall and walk to her car while talking on her cellphone. Mavin know her. So, he start to follow her without even tell both of his parents. He run to her that now putting her shopping bag inside her car. And when Mavin already standing behind her, Mavin look at her silently and wait her until she hang up the phone.

And after she hang up the phone, Mavin pull the tip of her dress make her turn her head on him. Mavin then look at her deeply.

“Eomma…”

She then startled with that little boy when he call her his mother.

“Eomma…” said Mavin once again. She then walk a step back and make Mavin’s hand come off from her dress. She really want to yell at him but she just can’t. She feel something strange with that little boy. She even feel something like scared with him.

“Who are you?” ask her make Mavin look at her with his sad eyes.

“It’s me, eomma. Mavin. Eomma… Mavinnie miss you.” Said him then he run to her and hug her tightly. She try to release Mavin’s hand but she feel like she can’t hurt him.

“I’m not your mother, little boy. I’m Soyeon. Park Soyeon.” Said her. But Mavin shoke his head.

“Ani. You’re Mavinnie Eomma! Jinjja Mavinnie Eomma!” said Mavin and don’t want to let the hug go. Until Soyeon forcefully let his hand off.

“Eomma…” Mavin cry in front of Soyeon and make Soyeon look at her with a strange feeling. Like scared and nervous.

“Mavin-a!!” Jiyeon yell at Mavin when she found him crying in front of a woman. She can’t see her because she’s standing backs at her.

When Soyeon hear Jiyeon’s voice, she quickly go inside her car because she doesn’t know why she feeling so hurt and strange when she look that little boy that crying over her. That little boy even still calling her ‘eomma’ when she already inside her car and leave him crying.

Jiyeon run to Mavin and hug Mavin immediately.

“Mavin-a! Why are you leaving the car and be here alone? Did I told you before not to follow a stranger?” ask Jiyeon and try to calm Mavin that still crying. Not so long, Myungsoo that looking for Mavin to the opposite direction go to them.

“Mavinnie want to see eomma. Injung Eomma.”

Jiyeon and Myungsoo startled when they heard what just Mavin’s said. Injung Eomma?

“Injung Eomma? Mavin-a, Injung Eomma is not here..”

“No! Mavinnie was following Injung Eomma… but… she don’t know Mavin.” Said Mavin and cry again in Jiyeon’s hug. Jiyeon then look at Myungsoo that also confused.

“Okay, okay, let us go home first. Eomma will buy you ice cream in our way home. Eo? Omo… don’t cry my baby. Don’t cry.” Said Jiyeon and hug Mavin again. Myungsoo then take their car and they finally come back home.

To Be Continued

Annyeong readers!

I'm back with a new chapter.

Sorry for a long update, eo?

I'm a 'lil bit bussy these time.

Bytheway, I was waiting for your comment but there's no commen for me :(

But, It's okay. Hehehe...

I hope you still like my fanfic and keep read it till the end, okay?

Have a happy reading.

Love, rashimaa